Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Poser » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:56 pm

Managed to get Captain Toad for £22.99 via Currys eBay using that £5 voucher that was floating around last week. Probably a game I'll play through with the kid. I'd like to think we'll get through Yoshi Crafted World first, but that is one deceptively difficult mother strawberry floating game. For all the kid-friendly first few levels, it throws some surprisingly complex scenarios at you later on.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:57 pm

Poser wrote:Managed to get Captain Toad for £22.99 via Currys eBay using that £5 voucher that was floating around last week. Probably a game I'll play through with the kid. I'd like to think we'll get through Yoshi Crafted World first, but that is one deceptively difficult mother strawberry floating game. For all the kid-friendly first few levels, it throws some surprisingly complex scenarios at you later on.



Wait until you unlock the post ending levels. I gave up :lol:

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Poser » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:06 pm

Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:Managed to get Captain Toad for £22.99 via Currys eBay using that £5 voucher that was floating around last week. Probably a game I'll play through with the kid. I'd like to think we'll get through Yoshi Crafted World first, but that is one deceptively difficult mother strawberry floating game. For all the kid-friendly first few levels, it throws some surprisingly complex scenarios at you later on.



Wait until you unlock the post ending levels. I gave up :lol:


Got that to look forward to then.

It's when my son hands me the controller and asks for help with a section he's stuck on. Ten deaths later, I'm starting to sweat slightly...

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Poser wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:Managed to get Captain Toad for £22.99 via Currys eBay using that £5 voucher that was floating around last week. Probably a game I'll play through with the kid. I'd like to think we'll get through Yoshi Crafted World first, but that is one deceptively difficult mother strawberry floating game. For all the kid-friendly first few levels, it throws some surprisingly complex scenarios at you later on.



Wait until you unlock the post ending levels. I gave up :lol:


Got that to look forward to then.

It's when my son hands me the controller and asks for help with a section he's stuck on. Ten deaths later, I'm starting to sweat slightly...



I think there's a co-op mode where 1 person can take over for both in difficult sections in case you weren't aware

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Poser » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:10 pm

Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Poser wrote:Managed to get Captain Toad for £22.99 via Currys eBay using that £5 voucher that was floating around last week. Probably a game I'll play through with the kid. I'd like to think we'll get through Yoshi Crafted World first, but that is one deceptively difficult mother strawberry floating game. For all the kid-friendly first few levels, it throws some surprisingly complex scenarios at you later on.



Wait until you unlock the post ending levels. I gave up :lol:


Got that to look forward to then.

It's when my son hands me the controller and asks for help with a section he's stuck on. Ten deaths later, I'm starting to sweat slightly...



I think there's a co-op mode where 1 person can take over for both in difficult sections in case you weren't aware


Cheers: we've done the co-op but the mechanics were so maddening, it made it harder. I found myself getting unfairly cross at the kid :oops:

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:11 pm

Fair enough :lol:

Image
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by gaminglegend » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Tomous wrote:
gaminglegend wrote:I picked up Mario Tennis for a cool £49.99 using gold points & a voucher I had.

Whilst the price stung I’m having a blast in the match modes. The story/adventure not so much but the game itself is quite addictive, and the closest I’ll get to Virtua Tennis 2 ever again I think



The story mode is basically an extended training mode to get you use to the controls. It is disappointing the lack of modes but the gameplay is superb-they really nailed that aspect, and if you simply enjoy playing the games, you'll get plenty of mileage from the online mode. I think I'm at 50+ hours.


The basic tennis game is there which is what I’m after at the end of the day. It’s as frustrating as it is brilliant. I’ll get my moneys worth that’s for sure

Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Fisher » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:52 pm

shyguy64 are you gonna get super mario 3d all stars this week.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Victor Mildew » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:03 am

Tried out crypt of the necrodancer this morning. I like the idea, but there isn't a great deal of feedback on if you're hitting the beats correctly, especially when attacking.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Drumstick » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:36 am

I know there are a lot of Doom lovers here...


One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by shy guy 64 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 are you gonna get super mario 3d all stars this week.


i dunno, i cant decide

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:27 am

We're 4 days away from NSO being up for renewal. I'm surprised Nintendo aren't pushing a new VC.

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Balladeer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:30 am

Why would they when they can resell all the games with minimal changes in £50 collections? It’s Zelda’s 30th next year and I for one can’t wait* to be offered the N64 versions of OoT and MM, along with the GC versions of WW and TP, with a resolution bump for a premium price!

:P

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 am

I was expecting GB/GBC/GBA games to be honest.

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Balladeer » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:37 am

£40 then!

Jokes aside I’ve given up expecting much from Nintendo on the retro revival online service front, this generation at least. The previous machines’ Virtual Consoles always felt like they were holding back given some of the available libraries, but I’m left looking back at them in envy these days. Remember when we had Sega games and Gunstar Heroes and stuff like that on VC that all gets farmed out to Sega Ages or miniature consoles these days? And we were (well, I was) slightly miffed because Nintendo seemed to drag its heels over bringing GameCube games? Those were the days... :(

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Ever since the SNES games launched last year, Nintendo have been drip feeding new NSO games all year, It use to be once a month , but now they're releasing whenever they like.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:53 pm

I rarely find the time to get involved with Mario Kart when that happens on Monday's and now that AYAMMM is over I don't really see why I need to keep my NSO subscription. I think I've got about 5 months left on it, unless they come out with a compelling reason to keep hold of it before the end of that time I think I'll probably ditch it.

Image
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by SerialCeler » Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:51 pm

Tomous wrote:We're 4 days away from NSO being up for renewal. I'm surprised Nintendo aren't pushing a new VC.


They might use the launch of Super Mario Bros 35 to promote it, as that’s released on 1 October.

Not quite sure what you mean by up for renewal though? Surely everyone renews at different times (mine was in the summer), unless I’ve misunderstood?

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:27 pm

SerialCeler wrote:
Tomous wrote:We're 4 days away from NSO being up for renewal. I'm surprised Nintendo aren't pushing a new VC.


They might use the launch of Super Mario Bros 35 to promote it, as that’s released on 1 October.

Not quite sure what you mean by up for renewal though? Surely everyone renews at different times (mine was in the summer), unless I’ve misunderstood?


Yeah but the majority of renewals they have will be in September when it first went live. That's what I meant. That's why the SNES VC launched last Sept i think.

Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Fisher » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:57 pm

shyguy64 are you gonna play pokemon sword and shield tomorrow.


Return to “Games”