Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by kerr9000 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:19 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:I never could get that far in to the game, I had to use a guide and even then I never competed it.]


Best I managed was to have caught like 20 out of 40 of the baddies and that wasn't good enough. The boss guy came on screen and sacked me

I kind of think to finish it you'd need to either use a guide or make your own, as in sit with a pen and note pad going at 3:15 you need to trap a guy on camera 3 at 6.50 the code changes to red ecetera.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by SerialCeler » Tue May 19, 2020 2:30 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:I never could get that far in to the game, I had to use a guide and even then I never competed it.

I still have my mega CD version
Image


State of that worktop etc ;)

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
BAKA
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by BAKA » Tue May 19, 2020 2:48 pm

The Story Of Thor! I remember renting that 3 times in order to complete it but on the third someone had wiped my save. :x Being a broke child during gaming's golden age. :cry:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Tue May 19, 2020 3:14 pm

2 good Mega-CD games on display there amongst some serious trash.

Image
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by kerr9000 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Jenuall wrote:2 good Mega-CD games on display there amongst some serious trash.


Which 2 are you calling good , I am imaging Sonic CD and Final Fight?

I thought SoulStar and Batman Returns were pretty good.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Victor Mildew » Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Watch it you lot :capnscotty:

I love soul star, probably my favourite out of that lot. It's very replayable.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm

kerr9000 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:2 good Mega-CD games on display there amongst some serious trash.


Which 2 are you calling good , I am imaging Sonic CD and Final Fight?

I thought SoulStar and Batman Returns were pretty good.

Correct! :toot:

I'm playing around more than anything though, a few of the others (including SoulStar) are decent as well. ;)

Image
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by kerr9000 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:46 pm

I think I only own about 4 Mega CD Games, let me think. I got it with Sonic CD and with that megadrive
compilation disc the one with golden axe and stuff on. Then I think I grabbed some helecopter one and I own a disc only copy of Keio Flying Squadron which I got from a woman who sold me a crate full of stuff for £10, there was a megadrive and a master system in it and a few wires and games and there was this in a plastic sleve.

Its nice to see you have so many of them in so good a condition Victor as everytime I have seen them out in the wild theye tended to look like absolute poop.

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 kerr9000gamesroom on instergram
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Fisher » Tue May 19, 2020 11:46 pm

shyguy64 are you gonna craft a item in animal crossing new horizons tomorrow.

Superfurryfox64
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Superfurryfox64 » Wed May 20, 2020 1:44 am

Could not stand Sonic CD... Not the biggest Sonic fan I admit but CD was a mess in my opinion, what am I not getting?

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed May 20, 2020 2:31 am

Superfurryfox64 wrote:Could not stand Sonic CD... Not the biggest Sonic fan I admit but CD was a mess in my opinion, what am I not getting?

It's definitely the weakest of the Megadrive era games imo. Altering the level design via time travel was a great concept, but the execution was sloppy. The levels feel disjointed and messy, and trying to find goalposts and enough road to get up to 88 absolutely slaughtered the flow of gameplay. Palmtree Panic and Stardust Speedway are literally the only two zones I can remember, and I've played it through twice.

I do like the special zones and the super peel-out, though. And the animated intro is the definitive Sonic design in my mind.

Image
It was me, Dio!
Superfurryfox64
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Superfurryfox64 » Wed May 20, 2020 3:45 am

Yep, that sums up my opinions perfectly. That and the stages were strawberry float ugly compared to the other games

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Wed May 20, 2020 8:25 am

Agree that Sonic CD was the weakest of the 16-bit entries but it's still a fun game with a great soundtrack (unless you're in the US obviously!)

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed May 20, 2020 8:54 am

Night Trap and Road Avenger were great (to my addled mind). I also really enjoyed XJ220 on the Amiga. I assume the Mega CD port was similar given shared architecture?

Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Wed May 20, 2020 9:07 am

RE: Xenoblade development:

Takahashi said on famitsu interview regarding Future connected playtime

-Personally it took him around 10~12 hours to finish Future connected, it will be around 20 hours if you do all the side stuff.
It could have been bigger if it was made as paid DLC, but spending too much resources on this would have impacted the development of the new game.



Decent chunk of extra content to be fair. Also confirms a new game in development-XCX-2, XC2 or something else entirely.

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by shy guy 64 » Wed May 20, 2020 9:43 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 are you gonna craft a item in animal crossing new horizons tomorrow.


probably

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Wed May 20, 2020 1:49 pm

Tomous wrote:RE: Xenoblade development:

Takahashi said on famitsu interview regarding Future connected playtime

-Personally it took him around 10~12 hours to finish Future connected, it will be around 20 hours if you do all the side stuff.
It could have been bigger if it was made as paid DLC, but spending too much resources on this would have impacted the development of the new game.



Decent chunk of extra content to be fair. Also confirms a new game in development-XCX-2, XC2 or something else entirely.


When he mentions new game I’m reading that as though he is referring to Xenoblade Chronicles DE?

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Wed May 20, 2020 1:58 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Tomous wrote:RE: Xenoblade development:

Takahashi said on famitsu interview regarding Future connected playtime

-Personally it took him around 10~12 hours to finish Future connected, it will be around 20 hours if you do all the side stuff.
It could have been bigger if it was made as paid DLC, but spending too much resources on this would have impacted the development of the new game.



Decent chunk of extra content to be fair. Also confirms a new game in development-XCX-2, XC2 or something else entirely.


When he mentions new game I’m reading that as though he is referring to Xenoblade Chronicles DE?


That's been translated obviously and I think they took it to mean a new, separate game. Relying on that translation of course.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Robbo-92 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:24 pm

Please, please, please be Xenoblade Chronicles X-2, the way the first one ended was just crying out for a sequel. Just hope they lose the rap music and actually have a better main character rather than a speechless player created one.

Edit, although didn’t they have that medieval style one in the early stages of development a few yers back? Maybe that if not XCX-2

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Wed May 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Tomous wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Tomous wrote:RE: Xenoblade development:

Takahashi said on famitsu interview regarding Future connected playtime

-Personally it took him around 10~12 hours to finish Future connected, it will be around 20 hours if you do all the side stuff.
It could have been bigger if it was made as paid DLC, but spending too much resources on this would have impacted the development of the new game.



Decent chunk of extra content to be fair. Also confirms a new game in development-XCX-2, XC2 or something else entirely.


When he mentions new game I’m reading that as though he is referring to Xenoblade Chronicles DE?


That's been translated obviously and I think they took it to mean a new, separate game. Relying on that translation of course.


They did show art of a new game a few years back like Robbo mentioned so it could possibly mean that? Not seen anything of it since.

Long Live Switch Squad!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aayl1, chanticleer, Frank, HaruKazuhira, ITSMILNER, KjGarly, Saint of Killers, Tsunade and 26 guests