Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Qikz » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:35 am

jawa_ wrote:
Qikz wrote:...Ludo was a bloodbath... damn did it feel good.

Blimey, Qikz, I'm imagining you rising up from a brutal battle yelling "Victory is mine!" :lol: .


twitter.com/Qikzsd/status/1553691860371050496



They were all teaming up to beat me in the end. I was in this position 3 times, 3 times my sister (yellow) sent my piece back to the start. :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by jawa_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:03 pm

Qikz wrote:...They were all teaming up to beat me in the end. I was in this position 3 times, 3 times my sister (yellow) sent my piece back to the start. :lol:

It looks to have been intense but well played on emerging as the victor!

User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Christopher » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:54 pm

Shy guy 64, did you eat cake yesterday?

Happy belated birthday

Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by shy guy 64 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:29 pm

Christopher wrote:Shy guy 64, did you eat cake yesterday?

Happy belated birthday


no and thank you

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Tomous » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:21 pm

Rubix wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:Got a bonus at work and was thinking about the jump to OLED, is it worth it?


If you play handheld a lot and have the money to spare I say yes.

I wouldn't say it's different enough to be essential but once you play on the OLED screen you won't look back.


Im about 50/50 for handheld vs docked.

Is it easy to transfer?



Yes, surprisingly so.

I'm about 50/50 too and I'd say worth it. Especially if you have an early model and use handheld out and about a lot (as the battery is much improved over the early consoles]

Image

EAT THE RICH
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Parksey » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:59 pm

Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:Got a bonus at work and was thinking about the jump to OLED, is it worth it?


If you play handheld a lot and have the money to spare I say yes.

I wouldn't say it's different enough to be essential but once you play on the OLED screen you won't look back.


Im about 50/50 for handheld vs docked.

Is it easy to transfer?



Yes, surprisingly so.

I'm about 50/50 too and I'd say worth it. Especially if you have an early model and use handheld out and about a lot (as the battery is much improved over the early consoles]


I really want an OLED as since getting married I play handheld a lot more. Not sure I could justify it given how expensive moving back and getting set up was (and how this also coincided with a big new 4K TV and, erm, a PS5 and Xbox Series X).

In hindsight I should have parked the purchase of one of the next gen consoles (the PS5, though basically had to buy one to keep up with my IRL Destiny friends).

Also doesn't help that Nintendo made it such a marginally upgrade. Had they added more to it I would have probably jumped. As it is, I've been sitting on the fence, unsure whether they were going to do a beefier mid-gen upgrade.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Tomous » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:01 pm

Parksey wrote:since getting married I play handheld a lot more


Yeah, that tends to happen unfortunately :(

Image

EAT THE RICH
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by jawa_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:18 pm

I got the OLED Model at launch, having got my original Switch a month after launch.

My verdict:

+ Improved build quality (slightly nicer feel, easier micro SD port access, better kickstand, slightly longer battery life)
+ Better screen (slightly larger, enhanced colour)
+ Slightly nicer dock design
- Slightly worse power and volume button designs

If you will be gaming on more than one Switch, game times get screwed up.

I'd say it's a nice-to-have upgrade but far from essential. If you compare the screens side-by-side it's clear that the OLED is better although, IMHO, once you start playing on either system you soon get used to it.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Rubix » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:22 pm

Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:Got a bonus at work and was thinking about the jump to OLED, is it worth it?


If you play handheld a lot and have the money to spare I say yes.

I wouldn't say it's different enough to be essential but once you play on the OLED screen you won't look back.


Im about 50/50 for handheld vs docked.

Is it easy to transfer?



Yes, surprisingly so.

I'm about 50/50 too and I'd say worth it. Especially if you have an early model and use handheld out and about a lot (as the battery is much improved over the early consoles]


Heard there was issues with some save data?

PLAY | Monster Hunter Rise [30h] Xenoblade 3 [15h]
WATCH | Ms Marvel S1, Lost S3
READ | [a] Sherlock Holmes (Part 2), [b] how parkrun changed our lives
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by jawa_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Rubix wrote:Heard there was issues with some save data?

A dedicated transfer program (free to download) and both your old and new console are needed to transfer Animal Crossing New Horizons data.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Tomous » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:30 pm

Rubix wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Rubix wrote:Got a bonus at work and was thinking about the jump to OLED, is it worth it?


If you play handheld a lot and have the money to spare I say yes.

I wouldn't say it's different enough to be essential but once you play on the OLED screen you won't look back.


Im about 50/50 for handheld vs docked.

Is it easy to transfer?



Yes, surprisingly so.

I'm about 50/50 too and I'd say worth it. Especially if you have an early model and use handheld out and about a lot (as the battery is much improved over the early consoles]


Heard there was issues with some save data?



Not sure on the issues. Mine worked fine.

Image

EAT THE RICH
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Rubix » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:47 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Rubix wrote:Heard there was issues with some save data?

A dedicated transfer program (free to download) and both your old and new console are needed to transfer Animal Crossing New Horizons data.


Thanks. I have a Mario Odyssey Switch, will my game transfer? Also can i just take out the memory card and stick it in the new one?

PLAY | Monster Hunter Rise [30h] Xenoblade 3 [15h]
WATCH | Ms Marvel S1, Lost S3
READ | [a] Sherlock Holmes (Part 2), [b] how parkrun changed our lives
User avatar
jawa_
Member
Joined in 2021

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by jawa_ » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:57 pm

Rubix wrote:Thanks. I have a Mario Odyssey Switch, will my game transfer? Also can i just take out the memory card and stick it in the new one?

All Switch save game data is saved on the internal memory rather than the micro SD card.

This Nintendo Life guide to the system transfer process should be useful, dude.

I didn't actually do a system transfer myself (because I wanted to keep and use both Switch consoles) although I did transfer Animal Crossing because you can only use that game's save data with one console.

User avatar
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Barnsy! » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:27 pm

Qikz wrote:
jawa_ wrote:
Qikz wrote:...Ludo was a bloodbath... damn did it feel good.

Blimey, Qikz, I'm imagining you rising up from a brutal battle yelling "Victory is mine!" :lol: .


twitter.com/Qikzsd/status/1553691860371050496



They were all teaming up to beat me in the end. I was in this position 3 times, 3 times my sister (yellow) sent my piece back to the start. :lol:



51 Games :wub: :wub:

Blue does always seem to have the best chance of winning in Ludo though :D

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:31 pm

Tomous wrote:
Parksey wrote:since getting married I play handheld a lot more


Yeah, that tends to happen unfortunately :(


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Long Live Switch Squad!
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Fisher » Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:59 pm

shyguy64 did you sell bugs in animal crossing new horizons today.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by shy guy 64 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:26 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you sell bugs in animal crossing new horizons today.


nope

Image
User avatar
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Barnsy! » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:09 pm

This is my favourite thread on the net :D

No drama, just wanted to I won't be posting on the forum or participating in MK Monday at least for a little while.

It wasn't my intention but sorry if I've upset any you elsewhere in the forum. It was lovely chatting and getting to know the Switch Squad, I really think you are all very nice people :D

All the best

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Robbo-92 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:15 pm

Barnsy! wrote:This is my favourite thread on the net :D

No drama, just wanted to I won't be posting on the forum or participating in MK Monday at least for a little while.

It wasn't my intention but sorry if I've upset any you elsewhere in the forum. It was lovely chatting and getting to know the Switch Squad, I really think you are all very nice people :D

All the best


Take care for the time being then Barnsy :)

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Barnsy! wrote:This is my favourite thread on the net :D

No drama, just wanted to I won't be posting on the forum or participating in MK Monday at least for a little while.

It wasn't my intention but sorry if I've upset any you elsewhere in the forum. It was lovely chatting and getting to know the Switch Squad, I really think you are all very nice people :D

All the best


Sorry you feel this way Barnsy, but I can understand why you have made this decision.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Red 5 stella and 275 guests