Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by suzzopher » Wed May 15, 2019 10:09 am

Rex Kramer wrote:I'm mostly still playing Gems of War, well over 30 hours in now. It's still solid Puzzle Quest mechanics and I've still not spent any money on it.

I also picked up Horizon Chase Turbo last week and I've got mixed feelings on it. It's pretty smooth and quick and there seems like a decent amount of content. Races don't hang around too long and the challenge isn't too onerous. But it plays a bit like this -



The connection of the car to the road just seems missing. I know it's aping that Outrun style but it just doesn't feel quite right to me.

I've also just picked up Bastion in the sale because I don't have enough things to play already. :fp:


I nearly bought Horizon Chase last week, but luckily I waited long enough for it to go on sale on PSN for less than £8. Eshop sales are strawberry floating terrible compared to the other platforms.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Rex Kramer » Wed May 15, 2019 10:17 am

suzzopher wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:I'm mostly still playing Gems of War, well over 30 hours in now. It's still solid Puzzle Quest mechanics and I've still not spent any money on it.

I also picked up Horizon Chase Turbo last week and I've got mixed feelings on it. It's pretty smooth and quick and there seems like a decent amount of content. Races don't hang around too long and the challenge isn't too onerous. But it plays a bit like this -



The connection of the car to the road just seems missing. I know it's aping that Outrun style but it just doesn't feel quite right to me.

I've also just picked up Bastion in the sale because I don't have enough things to play already. :fp:


I nearly bought Horizon Chase last week, but luckily I waited long enough for it to go on sale on PSN for less than £8. Eshop sales are strawberry floating terrible compared to the other platforms.

Dat Switch Tax! Seriously though, I don't mind spending a couple of quid more as I'm infinitely more likely to play it on Switch due to the convenience.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by jawafour » Wed May 15, 2019 10:29 am

suzzopher wrote:I nearly bought Horizon Chase last week, but luckily I waited long enough for it to go on sale on PSN for less than £8. Eshop sales are strawberry floating terrible compared to the other platforms.

Yeah, it's on sale at £10.79 in the eShop and £9.49 (£7.89 for PS Plus subscribers) in the PS Store.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Wed May 15, 2019 11:34 am

£8.50 from South Africa eShop. Shop around people, it takes seconds!

ImageImage
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Lagamorph » Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 am

I usually use this website to shop around the various eShops to see which is cheapest,

http://eshop-checker.xyz/beta/

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Wed May 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Yep there or https://savecoins.app do the job for me!

Switching region is as easy as going to https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit and choosing where you want to buy from, then just pick it up on the eShop! :toot:

ImageImage
User avatar
DJ Airhorn
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by DJ Airhorn » Wed May 15, 2019 2:49 pm

suzzopher wrote:I'm still playing Breath of the Wild, I finished the story, the DLC and the shrines, I am now just trying to get the Hero gear. I kinda don't want the game to ever end. But soon I will have done everything for the first time in a game since Ocarina of Time.

Have you found all the Korok seeds?! :shock:

User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Lazy Fair » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Jenuall wrote:Yep there or [url]https://savecoins.app[/url] do the job for me!

Switching region is as easy as going to [url]https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit[/url] and choosing where you want to buy from, then just pick it up on the eShop! :toot:


See when you do that, it unlinks your “my nintendo” account and your other one (can’t remember the name). What does linking these actually provide? I managed to relink them again once I was done, but I wasn’t sure why I was doing it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 pm

Lazy Fair wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Yep there or [url]https://savecoins.app[/url] do the job for me!

Switching region is as easy as going to [url]https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit[/url] and choosing where you want to buy from, then just pick it up on the eShop! :toot:


See when you do that, it unlinks your “my nintendo” account and your other one (can’t remember the name). What does linking these actually provide? I managed to relink them again once I was done, but I wasn’t sure why I was doing it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Interesting, I don't think I've ever linked any accounts so I haven't had any problems there.

ImageImage
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by suzzopher » Wed May 15, 2019 3:39 pm

DANNN!!! wrote:
suzzopher wrote:I'm still playing Breath of the Wild, I finished the story, the DLC and the shrines, I am now just trying to get the Hero gear. I kinda don't want the game to ever end. But soon I will have done everything for the first time in a game since Ocarina of Time.

Have you found all the Korok seeds?! :shock:


Yes I’ve wasted that much time :slol:

To be honest I stumbled across a large number of them just whilst out exploring.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by jawafour » Wed May 15, 2019 4:05 pm

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is on sale at £11.24 in the eShop. I've always liked the look of the game but the reputed difficulty has put me off. Have any GRcadians given it a go?

User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Best boy
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Kriken » Wed May 15, 2019 4:10 pm

I've played through the main campaign. It's a decent challenge but is nowhere near being punishingly hard. Also for what it's worth I liked it a lot.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Robbo-92 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 pm

I really liked Shovel Knight, not so much Plague Knight and I still need to play Spectre’s campaign (although from what I’ve heard it’s good), easily worth just over £11 though and you’ve still got a couple of DLC packs to come as well (in another campaign and a battle royal type thing).

It’s hard, but none unfairly so.

Image

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm not playing anything as Nintendo never replied to me and I can't yet stomach the idea of paying £80 or whatever it is for a new dock. :(

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Squinty » Wed May 15, 2019 7:17 pm

jawafour wrote:Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is on sale at £11.24 in the eShop. I've always liked the look of the game but the reputed difficulty has put me off. Have any GRcadians given it a go?


All three campaigns are great. I think Spectre of Torment is the best one. But yeah, it's a fantastic game, and it really is not that hard.

User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by jawafour » Wed May 15, 2019 8:53 pm

jawafour wrote:Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove is on sale at £11.24 in the eShop...

Kriken wrote:I've played through the main campaign. It's a decent challenge but is nowhere near being punishingly hard. Also for what it's worth I liked it a lot.
Robbo-92 wrote:I really liked Shovel Knight... It’s hard, but none unfairly so.
Squinty wrote:All three campaigns are great... it's a fantastic game, and it really is not that hard.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, guys! I'd like to get it but I've gone a bit crazy picking up games recently... will have a think about it.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Squinty » Wed May 15, 2019 8:55 pm

I feel like I want to buy it again. I own the Wii U E shop version and the retail one.

Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Wed May 15, 2019 11:51 pm

i may download some eshop games tomorrow.

User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by suzzopher » Thu May 16, 2019 6:15 am

Those vouchers, are they a one time purchase only?

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Rex Kramer » Thu May 16, 2019 6:35 am

Not sure, maybe you get 2 vouchers that are redeemable separately but you have to use them within a year of buying them. Was interested in SMM2 digitally and was always going to buy MUA3 so I might give this a go later (supposedly the scheme is already live).

EDIT: You could also save a little more by topping up your eshop using credit from CDKeys and going through Quidco. Not much less, think it's 2%.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jordan UK, PuppetBoy and 43 guests