Nintendo Cher-tch Chat Thread Thrii

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by PatSharpsMullet » Sun May 26, 2019 9:38 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
Cyburn2 wrote:What's the best screen protecter? For using the dock or just in general?

I've got one of those Orzly tempered glass ones, seems to work pretty well.

I've got the Orzly tempered glass one too. Stops the Switch from being able to wobble about in the dock too if it gets knocked too.

Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Sun May 26, 2019 11:55 pm

shyguy64 did you enjoy the first mario maker wii u and did you make levels and are you gonna make levels super mario maker 2.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Rex Kramer » Mon May 27, 2019 9:07 am

The GR posting equivalent of going from writing The Hobbit to writing LOTR

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by shy guy 64 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:33 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you enjoy the first mario maker wii u and did you make levels and are you gonna make levels super mario maker 2.


i enjoyed it greatly, and of course i made levels/going to make levels, its the main point of the game

mind you ill probably be focusing on story mode at first

Image
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Ad7 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:17 am

KjGarly wrote:
kerr9000 wrote:
Ad7 wrote:Can anyone tell me if this works for the switch eshop please?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-e-S ... SwciVXQK3X


I have never put one like that directly into my switch but when I've used one on my 3ds the cash has shown on my switch so I'd imagine so


They work fine, bought 2 the other day off eBay so I could be a mug and pay over the odds for some old Resident Evil games on Switch :toot:


Can confirm the code works fine for switch.

Just went to look at resi 4 as I've not played it before.... £30! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by jawafour » Mon May 27, 2019 10:27 am

Ad7 wrote:...Just went to look at resi 4 as I've not played it before.... £30! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, those three Resi ports at £30 each feels pretty steep; more so as Resi 4 loses the motion controls that were well-regarded in the Wii version.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Mafro » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am

It's a port of the HD version so no motion controls is kinda understandable, but that price :dread:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
kerr9000
Member
Joined in 2013

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by kerr9000 » Mon May 27, 2019 1:38 pm

This is where I'm glad I game on lots of consoles, I grabbed resident evil 4 5 and 6 for like £16 or something in an Xbox sale , then I got the disc with 0 and 1 on for about £12

http://kerr9000.blogspot.co.uk/ For my Blog... https://www.youtube.com/user/kerr9000 for my YouTube channel. kerr9000_blog on Instagram. kerr9000 on Xbox, PS4 etc
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by OrangeRKN » Mon May 27, 2019 5:57 pm

kerr9000 wrote:This is where I'm glad I game on lots of consoles, I grabbed resident evil 4 5 and 6 for like £16 or something in an Xbox sale , then I got the disc with 0 and 1 on for about £12


I'm not bothered about rebuying it for HD, I want to rebuy it for portable. It's a portable tax as much as a Switch tax as the Switch is the only option

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Mon May 27, 2019 11:56 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you enjoy the first mario maker wii u and did you make levels and are you gonna make levels super mario maker 2.


i enjoyed it greatly, and of course i made levels/going to make levels, its the main point of the game

mind you ill probably be focusing on story mode at first

how many levels did you make in mario maker wii u.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by shy guy 64 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 am

Fisher wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did you enjoy the first mario maker wii u and did you make levels and are you gonna make levels super mario maker 2.


i enjoyed it greatly, and of course i made levels/going to make levels, its the main point of the game

mind you ill probably be focusing on story mode at first

how many levels did you make in mario maker wii u.


cant remember, it was a fair amount mostly amiibo costume levels

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 am

Folks who are put off by the price on those Resi ports I would encourage to look at region shopping - 4, 0 and REmake for example can be had for about £21 if you buy them from down under.

ImageImage
User avatar
Lazy Fair
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Lazy Fair » Tue May 28, 2019 11:02 am

Jenuall wrote:Folks who are put off by the price on those Resi ports I would encourage to look at region shopping - 4, 0 and REmake for example can be had for about £21 if you buy them from down under.


That’s a wee bit more palatable!

I might go for the Russian shop. I bought dragons dogma off that. If I switch back to that will my gold points for that purchase be useable?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3DS code - 2707 1618 5652
Let me know if you add me!
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by KjGarly » Tue May 28, 2019 11:47 am

Lazy Fair wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Folks who are put off by the price on those Resi ports I would encourage to look at region shopping - 4, 0 and REmake for example can be had for about £21 if you buy them from down under.


That’s a wee bit more palatable!

I might go for the Russian shop. I bought dragons dogma off that. If I switch back to that will my gold points for that purchase be useable?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Should be able to use them, but the Aussie eShop is currently the cheapest for the Res Evil games. I couldn't get them from there, wouldn't let me use my credit card/bank card/PayPal. Can't use Revolut either because I haven't had a passport for the past 5 years and never had a driving licence besides my 10+ years out of date Provisional :x

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Tue May 28, 2019 12:10 pm

Gold points are tied to the region of purchase - so if you buy something on the Aussie eShop then the points will be available for that eShop.

ImageImage
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by DarkRula » Tue May 28, 2019 12:24 pm

Which is exactly why I don't care to region swap. If I'm collecting gold points, I want to be able to use them all.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Jenuall » Tue May 28, 2019 12:28 pm

You can use them all - in the region you earned them. I buy most of my stuff from about 3 different regions and have saved a huge amount on the initial purchase price that way, and can still use the gold points that I earn on the next purchase I make in that region.

Even ignoring the gold points I'm better off just from the saving made by buying in a cheaper region as the saving is almost always more than the 5% that the gold points would have been worth.

EDIT: Look at Resi 4 - buying it at £30 from the UK will get me £1.50 in gold points, whereas buying it from Australia will only cost me £23 in the first place and I still get ~£1.15 of points to spend on my next Aussie purchase!

ImageImage
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Squinty » Tue May 28, 2019 12:37 pm

I cannot justify buying Resident Evil 4 again. One of my top 10 games of all time, but I own like 4 versions of it.

Still, I envy people experiencing for the first time. The dialogue in it is so quotable, it's like an 80's action movie.

Mike :(

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by KjGarly » Tue May 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Where's everyone going? Bingo?

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Starquake
Member
Joined in 2011
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Starquake » Tue May 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:The GR posting equivalent of going from writing The Hobbit to writing LOTR


Wish we could up vote posts :D

@four5sixpixel making games...

Wreckout
Hyper Sentinel http://www.hypersentinel.com

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, deathofcows, Jezo, mic, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, Peter Crisp, Vermilion, VlaSoul and 51 guests