Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:41 am

Green Gecko wrote:And the Wii U gamepad battery lasting about 10 minutes... And running flat every time you don't use it for a while, exactly like the Wii Remotes used to do. Interestingly, the Wii U Pro controller seldom does this, as it seems to have some kind of magical giant battery wrapped inside a black hole... or it's just better engineered to no waste energy for no reason. I think I've charged that controller, literally once since I first bought it.


The joy-cons are also terrible at holding charge when not in use, I don't know why as their actual battery life when in use seems really good. The gamepad really is the worst for it though.

Wii remotes though... you just take the batteries out!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Guy Brush of Lincolnshire

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Chocolate-Milk » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:01 am

jawa2 wrote:
ChocolateSelectionBox wrote:Is it just me who gets awful screen tearing on the gamepad? I've tried moving my router to the opposite end of the room to minimise interference, but it's still virtually unplayable. :|

Dang, sorry to hear that you've experienced technical issues, Choc! I haven't had them myself. Has the issue only cropped up recently? Maybe you've moved the U console itself, or set up some other kit next to it? This website explains how setup can impact the signal.

Hope you can swiftly sort it out, dude.

It's been happening ever since I got it back out of storage when I decided to mod it, which was maybe 18 months ago? I can't recall it being a problem before then, but it had been a very long time since I first packed it away.

I suppose it's probably the way my TV unit is arranged. It's on top of my PS4 with maybe 4 or 5 inches of room above it, with an external hard drive and a GameCube adapter sat on top of it.

I'll have a crack at rearranging it tomorrow and see how I go.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Green Gecko » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:28 pm

OrangeXMS wrote:
Green Gecko wrote:And the Wii U gamepad battery lasting about 10 minutes... And running flat every time you don't use it for a while, exactly like the Wii Remotes used to do. Interestingly, the Wii U Pro controller seldom does this, as it seems to have some kind of magical giant battery wrapped inside a black hole... or it's just better engineered to no waste energy for no reason. I think I've charged that controller, literally once since I first bought it.


The joy-cons are also terrible at holding charge when not in use, I don't know why as their actual battery life when in use seems really good. The gamepad really is the worst for it though.

Wii remotes though... you just take the batteries out!

Yes :slol: but I insist on keeping the condoms on them for some reason making that a nightmare.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Victor Mildew » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:06 pm

This post just reminded me to take the batteries out of the controllers as we used them at Christmas.

As for the jackets, if you just turn the controller over and lift the back off, you can get to the batteries without having to remove it or unthread the strap. Takes seconds.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:55 am

Textbook Reddit PSA there.

Image
Image
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Green Gecko » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Victor Mistletoe wrote:This post just reminded me to take the batteries out of the controllers as we used them at Christmas.

As for the jackets, if you just turn the controller over and lift the back off, you can get to the batteries without having to remove it or unthread the strap. Takes seconds.

That's what I do, one of them has torn slightly as I've done it so many times but doesn't bother me.

What's 10x worse first world problem is the original design that had the sync button INSIDE the controller (why??) so you have to take the condom and the battery cover off just to synchronise it (happens if you have both Wii U and Wii). I groan evrytim

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by SerialCeler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Fired up the Wii U this morning to polish off some titles I never completed. First up is Pikmin 3, then inspired by those in this thread will be Zombi U.

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawa2 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 pm

SerialCeler wrote:Fired up the Wii U this morning..

Great to hear that you've powered on the U, Celer!

SerialCeler wrote:...First up is Pikmin 3...

I've only played a little of this but the combination of using a Wii Remote and Nunchuk alongside the Gamepad is, for me, one of the finest demonstrations of how that setup can work well.

SerialCeler wrote:... then inspired by those in this thread will be Zombi U.

You know, I'm tempted to give the game another go following the recent chat, too!

User avatar
SerialCeler
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Booripides
Location: Stuck in the Tron machine

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by SerialCeler » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:34 pm

Jawa wrote:You know, I'm tempted to give the game another go following the recent chat, too!


Jump on Jawa, you can take advantage of my numerous deaths and take my weapons.

Nintendo Network ID: SerialCeler (Switch: 5559-9603-3982) | Xbox Live: Serial Celer
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Rax » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:59 am

SerialCeler wrote:Fired up the Wii U this morning to polish off some titles I never completed. First up is Pikmin 3, then inspired by those in this thread will be Zombi U.

Play with a Wiimote if you can, superb way to play the game.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:59 am

Actually got round to turning my Wii U back on today, not that I’ve any plans to play anything but just thought it’d be worthwhile to make sure the consoles got the last update for it as I don’t know when they’ll stop letting people download it.

Loaded up 3D World just to make sure the disc drive still works after so long being sat dormant :wub: bit loud compared to the new consoles but still works like a charm (if a little slow :lol:).

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawa2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Actually got round to turning my Wii U back on today...

Whoop! Another GRcadian decides to experience the power of the U again!

Robbo-92 wrote:...not that I’ve any plans to play anything...

... :x .

Robbo-92 wrote:...but just thought it’d be worthwhile to make sure the consoles got the last update for it as I don’t know when they’ll stop letting people download it...

That's actually a good thought, Robbo. I have two Us and the second one has never been powered on. I guess I should set it up sometime just to download the latest operating software.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm

2 Us :lol:

Jawa is bono confirmed

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawa2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:10 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:...Jawa is bono confirmed

:lol: .

I got the second U a few years ago from Amazon for a decent price (£199). It's the Xenoblade Chronicles X pack so comes with a physical copy of the game and fantastic console box artwork :wub: .

Image

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:15 pm

That is pretty nice to be fair :datass:

You HAVE played that game right???

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:18 pm

I’ve done the same for my 3DS as well, loaded it up to update the console, although I imagine they’ll support that for a bit longer than the Wii U for reasons unknown.......

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
jawa2
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by jawa2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:...You HAVE played that game right???

I loaded it up to test out my new TV the other week. Just the title screen 8-) .

User avatar
Carlos
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Carlos » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I’ve done the same for my 3DS as well, loaded it up to update the console, although I imagine they’ll support that for a bit longer than the Wii U for reasons unknown.......


As and when Nintendo kill the eshop for the 3DS it does provide us with the perfect excuse to CFW is and play backups of the games we want. For the record I do still buy as much as I can from the eshop and I haven't hacked my 3DS but its difficult to justify £40 for Pilotwings Resort :lol:

User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Lime » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:00 pm

Carlos wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’ve done the same for my 3DS as well, loaded it up to update the console, although I imagine they’ll support that for a bit longer than the Wii U for reasons unknown.......


As and when Nintendo kill the eshop for the 3DS it does provide us with the perfect excuse to CFW is and play backups of the games we want. For the record I do still buy as much as I can from the eshop and I haven't hacked my 3DS but its difficult to justify £40 for Pilotwings Resort :lol:


£40 for pilotwings resort is ridiculous after all this time. I've no idea why it didn't get put in the Selects range, and you can pick it up a cartridge second hand in CEX for £4. Crazy.

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9

This has all gone down the tubes. Currently 'Work Free'
User avatar
Carlos
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

PostRe: Nintendo Wii U [CHAT III] - Club U
by Carlos » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:57 pm

Lime wrote:
Carlos wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’ve done the same for my 3DS as well, loaded it up to update the console, although I imagine they’ll support that for a bit longer than the Wii U for reasons unknown.......


As and when Nintendo kill the eshop for the 3DS it does provide us with the perfect excuse to CFW is and play backups of the games we want. For the record I do still buy as much as I can from the eshop and I haven't hacked my 3DS but its difficult to justify £40 for Pilotwings Resort :lol:


£40 for pilotwings resort is ridiculous after all this time. I've no idea why it didn't get put in the Selects range, and you can pick it up a cartridge second hand in CEX for £4. Crazy.


There is no reason 3DS downloads should be more than £10 at this point. Sony reduced all the Vita games ages ago. The physical copy of Persona 4 is about £40 but the download is only £9


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Neo Cortex and 91 guests