No Man's Sky - Beyond update avaiable now

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Moggy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

jawafour wrote:
Photek wrote:So still Way too expensive as I said.

I'd be interested as to why you think circa twenty quid is too expensive... when you haven't played the game.

Hang on - no, I'm not interested.


Image

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

If it's anything like subnautica, it'll suit seated vr. If you have a swivel office chair then I reccomend giving that a go.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by jawafour » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:11 pm

Ad7 wrote:If it's anything like subnautica, it'll suit seated vr. If you have a swivel office chair then I reccomend giving that a go.

Yeah, I use a swivel chair, although I don't have much space either side because of wall/cupboard. I'm hoping that they may be an option to use the VR headset but keep the DualShock for controls - this may better suit my setup.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Again like subnautica I doubt you'll be flailing about. Probably just reaching out a bit.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... to-jump-in

Going back to No Man's Sky in VR, this time on a fully kitted out Valve Index, is just as staggering as before, and it's tempting to say that in this deep, rich space sim the medium just might have found its killer app. It's the ultimate way to play No Man's Sky, and could be one of the ultimate experiences on VR - though of course, that experience is there for just a fraction of No Man's Sky players, even if some of the numbers Murray alludes to are pleasantly surprising.

"There are some weird stats on that," he says. "We don't talk about numbers of copies, but there are more copies of No Man's Sky out there than VR headsets, but there are about a million people who have No Man's Sky who have headsets. On PSVR, it's almost one in four. It's bigger than we expected, which is one of the reasons Sony's very keen for us to support PSVR. And it's a nice moment for people to get a free update and suddenly have a VR game in their library. And also VR at the moment tends to be a little bit short-form, so there are a lot of headsets that are gathering dust - so it'll be nice to have a stab at being the game that gets people turning on their headsets."


VR is the way to play No Man's Sky, and it presents plenty of ways to play too, supporting all major headsets as well as their various control methods - be that PlayStation Move, Valve Index Knuckles or Oculus Touch.
:toot:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Venom » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:58 pm

I'm really looking forward to this. Hopefully it's not to queasyfying but the great thing is you can switch between normal and VR modes which is something I wish Skyrim had. I haven't played NMS for a long time so I will be starting a new game and playing with the DS4 because I want the VR but not to be flailing my hands about although I will certainly give it a try.

Go anywhere, do anything.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-09-no-mans-sky-beyonds-third-pillar-makes-it-the-perfect-point-to-jump-in

Going back to No Man's Sky in VR, this time on a fully kitted out Valve Index, is just as staggering as before, and it's tempting to say that in this deep, rich space sim the medium just might have found its killer app. It's the ultimate way to play No Man's Sky, and could be one of the ultimate experiences on VR - though of course, that experience is there for just a fraction of No Man's Sky players, even if some of the numbers Murray alludes to are pleasantly surprising.

"There are some weird stats on that," he says. "We don't talk about numbers of copies, but there are more copies of No Man's Sky out there than VR headsets, but there are about a million people who have No Man's Sky who have headsets. On PSVR, it's almost one in four. It's bigger than we expected, which is one of the reasons Sony's very keen for us to support PSVR. And it's a nice moment for people to get a free update and suddenly have a VR game in their library. And also VR at the moment tends to be a little bit short-form, so there are a lot of headsets that are gathering dust - so it'll be nice to have a stab at being the game that gets people turning on their headsets."


VR is the way to play No Man's Sky, and it presents plenty of ways to play too, supporting all major headsets as well as their various control methods - be that PlayStation Move, Valve Index Knuckles or Oculus Touch.
:toot:



But but but, it's just a gimmick like 3d tv!!!!


Can't wait :datass:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Ad7 wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-09-no-mans-sky-beyonds-third-pillar-makes-it-the-perfect-point-to-jump-in

Going back to No Man's Sky in VR, this time on a fully kitted out Valve Index, is just as staggering as before, and it's tempting to say that in this deep, rich space sim the medium just might have found its killer app. It's the ultimate way to play No Man's Sky, and could be one of the ultimate experiences on VR - though of course, that experience is there for just a fraction of No Man's Sky players, even if some of the numbers Murray alludes to are pleasantly surprising.

"There are some weird stats on that," he says. "We don't talk about numbers of copies, but there are more copies of No Man's Sky out there than VR headsets, but there are about a million people who have No Man's Sky who have headsets. On PSVR, it's almost one in four. It's bigger than we expected, which is one of the reasons Sony's very keen for us to support PSVR. And it's a nice moment for people to get a free update and suddenly have a VR game in their library. And also VR at the moment tends to be a little bit short-form, so there are a lot of headsets that are gathering dust - so it'll be nice to have a stab at being the game that gets people turning on their headsets."


VR is the way to play No Man's Sky, and it presents plenty of ways to play too, supporting all major headsets as well as their various control methods - be that PlayStation Move, Valve Index Knuckles or Oculus Touch.
:toot:



But but but, it's just a gimmick like 3d tv!!!!


Can't wait :datass:


My VR stuff is all packed away just now, but I might have to bust it out for this. Double dipped and got the PC version so I can use my Oculus and it's better controllers.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Ad7 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm

The hot weather has stopped me using mine. I'm tempted to get the pc one for the better performance and controllers as you say.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Lime » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:42 pm

Quite enjoying it so far - although I'm not sure if I'm playing it right...

Repaired ship and various bit of tech, blasted onto a second planet, got some plans for some terrain modifier or something....

But get repeatedly killed by 'sentinals' and angry crabs.


Oh and some kind of deer type thing with tentacles for a face :dread:

Do you just have to tippy-toe around the sentinals or is there some other way to deal with them? Once they're triggered, shooting them down just calls more of them until I am dead. I only have a puny mining laser to squirt at them

Tips welcome!

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by ITSMILNER » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:14 pm

Hello Games are interested in bringing No Man’s Sky to Nintendo Switch, imagine having this on the go!

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Knoyleo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-08-09-no-mans-sky-beyonds-third-pillar-makes-it-the-perfect-point-to-jump-in

Going back to No Man's Sky in VR, this time on a fully kitted out Valve Index, is just as staggering as before, and it's tempting to say that in this deep, rich space sim the medium just might have found its killer app. It's the ultimate way to play No Man's Sky, and could be one of the ultimate experiences on VR - though of course, that experience is there for just a fraction of No Man's Sky players, even if some of the numbers Murray alludes to are pleasantly surprising.

"There are some weird stats on that," he says. "We don't talk about numbers of copies, but there are more copies of No Man's Sky out there than VR headsets, but there are about a million people who have No Man's Sky who have headsets. On PSVR, it's almost one in four. It's bigger than we expected, which is one of the reasons Sony's very keen for us to support PSVR. And it's a nice moment for people to get a free update and suddenly have a VR game in their library. And also VR at the moment tends to be a little bit short-form, so there are a lot of headsets that are gathering dust - so it'll be nice to have a stab at being the game that gets people turning on their headsets."


VR is the way to play No Man's Sky, and it presents plenty of ways to play too, supporting all major headsets as well as their various control methods - be that PlayStation Move, Valve Index Knuckles or Oculus Touch.
:toot:

Urge to buy VR headset rising.

Is £400 too expensive for this game?

User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by mic » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:32 am

Lime wrote:Quite enjoying it so far - although I'm not sure if I'm playing it right...

Repaired ship and various bit of tech, blasted onto a second planet, got some plans for some terrain modifier or something....

But get repeatedly killed by 'sentinals' and angry crabs.


Oh and some kind of deer type thing with tentacles for a face :dread:

Do you just have to tippy-toe around the sentinals or is there some other way to deal with them? Once they're triggered, shooting them down just calls more of them until I am dead. I only have a puny mining laser to squirt at them

Tips welcome!


Haven’t played since completion after launch, but if it hasn’t changed too much, the sentinels mostly just don’t like you messing around with the ecosystem, so don’t touch anything while they’re within sight (though, iirc, some planets have them on full-alert, so good luck with that).

Also, does running away until they calm down still prevent threat escalation?

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Pedz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:43 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Hello Games are interested in bringing No Man’s Sky to Nintendo Switch, imagine having this on the go!


No Man's Sky at 5fps, can't wait...

ImageImage
User avatar
Lime
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Lime » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:13 am

mic wrote:Also, does running away until they calm down still prevent threat escalation?



Yes it does - it's a bit like 'heat level' in Just Cause 3 - get out of sight and a search countdown starts. Once expired, it's like nothing ever happened and you can carry on.

The above post is followed by a winky, smiley or facepalm as appropriate.
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime

WorkerScore: 1
Tasks To Next rank : 9
User avatar
skarmachild
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Scotland, UK
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by skarmachild » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:01 pm

Want to bug VR set for PS4 please looking for cheap copy thanks

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Venom » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:25 pm

skarmachild wrote:Want to bug VR set for PS4 please looking for cheap copy thanks


There have been some sub £200 deals but most are out of stock. PSVR starter set £208 at Base.com. No move controllers but it's a more affordable entry point.
https://www.base.com/buy/product/playst ... rspps4.htm

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Robbo-92 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:12 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Hello Games are interested in bringing No Man’s Sky to Nintendo Switch, imagine having this on the go!


I’d be very interested if they do, after the announcement of The Witcher 3, The Outer Worlds already coming to the Switch later this year (maybe 2020 for The Outer Worlds) it definitely doesn’t seem like it’d be impossible.

Image

Image
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by captain red dog » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:08 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Hello Games are interested in bringing No Man’s Sky to Nintendo Switch, imagine having this on the go!

I used to be a "graphics merchant" as we were called back in the day. But these days I will sacrifice graphics to play almost any game on the toilet or in my car on lunch breaks. I'm confident I could also smuggle a Switch into the toilets in work too. Doesn't bode well for the FTSE 100 when a small portion of the work force will be gaming on the bog.

Really looking forward to this in VR. I'll start another new profile, probably my 5th or 6th in NMS as I tend to start again with every update. This is the only reason I have kept hold of PSVR, generally I feel it is a failed format, but VR space exploration is right up my street.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: No Man's Sky - VR support coming via 'Beyond' update - Game will be fully playable in VR, on PC and PS
by Wedgie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:31 pm

PSVR is a failed platform? First time I’ve heard that.

Countless games coming out on PSVR doesn’t signal that.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!

Return to “Games”