Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:36 am

You've completely lost me there Gecko :lol:

Good to see you pop in again cola!

EDIT: And welcome Bruce :) What platforms do you play on? Switch, Xbox, PC?

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Preezy » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:51 pm

brucewilliams20 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new here. My name is Bruce Williams.

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum. Have you been lurking for a while or is this your first exposure to the place?

I like to think of GRcade as this random bit of driftwood, floating through the unending sea of the internet. At first glance you'd just think it was void of life, but if you zoom in you'd see hundreds of little barnacles or limpets clinging on for dear life, all chatting back and forth and having a great time. That's us.

Or something.

Image
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by cocacola » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:48 am

OrangeRKN wrote:You've completely lost me there Gecko :lol:

Good to see you pop in again cola!

EDIT: And welcome Bruce :) What platforms do you play on? Switch, Xbox, PC?


It's good to be back. Been years since I have been on any forums! Not sure if you were around, but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:27 am

Don't worry about it :lol:

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Moggy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:44 am

cocacola wrote: but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:


A series of them? Did they slowly change as they went along?

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:03 am

Only the fittest threads survived

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Preezy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:14 am

Oh, was Bruce Williams a bot? Can't trust anyone/thing these days :(

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Moggy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:43 am

OrangeRKN wrote:Only the fittest threads survived


:datass:

Image
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by cocacola » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:00 pm

Moggy wrote:
cocacola wrote: but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:


A series of them? Did they slowly change as they went along?


I really can't remember exactly what kind of threads I created. I do remember a lot of my opinions were uneducated and controversially opinionated. The thing is, I got accused of 'trolling' many times, however, that really wasn't the case. I generally enjoyed my time there, and I met a lot of great people. I simply didn't realise what I was saying was just plain stupid and 'thick' :slol: :slol: :slol:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Vermilion » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:02 pm

cocacola wrote:So, I was a member of ONM in 2008 or something ridiculous like that. I then joined SONM later on, and I just thought to log back into SONM for the first time in years, and it redirected me here. So hi!


Didn't occur to me that you were the same cocacola when i first saw your posts the other day.

Welcome.

cocacola wrote:but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:


No need, i have no memory of them anyways. ;)

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Moggy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:04 pm

cocacola wrote:
Moggy wrote:
cocacola wrote: but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:


A series of them? Did they slowly change as they went along?


I really can't remember exactly what kind of threads I created. I do remember a lot of my opinions were uneducated and controversially opinionated. The thing is, I got accused of 'trolling' many times, however, that really wasn't the case. I generally enjoyed my time there, and I met a lot of great people. I simply didn't realise what I was saying was just plain stupid and 'thick' :slol: :slol: :slol:


Ahh so through trial and error your personality gradually changed and was refined into the person you are today?

Image
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by cocacola » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:31 pm

Vermilion wrote:
cocacola wrote:So, I was a member of ONM in 2008 or something ridiculous like that. I then joined SONM later on, and I just thought to log back into SONM for the first time in years, and it redirected me here. So hi!


Didn't occur to me that you were the same cocacola when i first saw your posts the other day.

Welcome.

cocacola wrote:but I'd like to make a public apology for my series of evolution threads back on ONM. :lol:


No need, i have no memory of them anyways. ;)


If my memory is correct, didn't you used to be called 'D.J'? I'm looking at your avatar and it looks vaguely familiar... Ah, brilliant, is there a way to erase that memory :slol:

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Tsunade » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:21 pm

That's DJ or vermy xD I dont know if you'll remember me, I was a lurked more than a poster there.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Jenuall » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Sounds like a lot of you ONMers have done lots of name changing. Fortunately this person was "always cocacola" ;)

Image
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by cocacola » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:33 pm

I do not know why I gave myself that name if I'm being honest, but I did think when I signed up I can't let the legacy die! I mean, I guess I could have 'evolved' into something else ;)

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Vermilion » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:43 pm

cocacola wrote:If my memory is correct, didn't you used to be called 'D.J'? I'm looking at your avatar and it looks vaguely familiar... Ah, brilliant, is there a way to erase that memory :slol:


No means of erasure i'm afraid. ;)

But yes, we are one and the same. :toot:

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by RichardUK » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:57 pm

Hi and welcome, I kept the same name from SONM

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by cocacola » Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm

RichardUK wrote:Hi and welcome, I kept the same name from SONM


Hi Richard! Hope you're well. I do recognise you from years back, so its good to see some familiar faces (or avatars :shifty: ) from before.

Also, what're the rules for creating threads here? When are new members allowed to make threads just out of curiosity? (I promise no evolution threads).

User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Green Gecko » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:15 pm

cocacola wrote:
RichardUK wrote:Hi and welcome, I kept the same name from SONM


Hi Richard! Hope you're well. I do recognise you from years back, so its good to see some familiar faces (or avatars :shifty: ) from before.

Also, what're the rules for creating threads here? When are new members allowed to make threads just out of curiosity? (I promise no evolution threads).

Hi cocacola, I have removed you from the newly registered users group so you can post threads now.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Noobs unite! Introduce yourself here...
by Moggy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Green Gecko wrote:
cocacola wrote:
RichardUK wrote:Hi and welcome, I kept the same name from SONM


Hi Richard! Hope you're well. I do recognise you from years back, so its good to see some familiar faces (or avatars :shifty: ) from before.

Also, what're the rules for creating threads here? When are new members allowed to make threads just out of curiosity? (I promise no evolution threads).

Hi cocacola, I have removed you from the newly registered users group so you can post threads now.


He promised not to, but I’m fascinated by what his evolution threads are about.

Cocacola, I have zero power but I’ll ban you unless your first thread is about evolution. :x

Image

Return to “Stuff”