Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One/Win10/Switch) - Switch version out now.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by Monkey Man » Mon May 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Microsoft Offering Free Upgrade For Ori And The Blind Forest

Microsoft has done a great job promoting the beautiful platforming adventure Ori and the Blind Forest for both Xbox One and Windows 10 (PC), but now it’s offering a nice little incentive to those that haven’t picked up the Definitive Edition of the game just yet – a free upgrade!

The company confirmed today that it’s offering the ability to upgrade from the regular version of the game to the Definitive Edition free of charge, across both Xbox One and PC. But there’s a catch – it’s a limited time offer. That means you basically have till no later than tomorrow night (Monday) to upgrade. After that, you’ll have to pay out of pocket.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/22/ ... nd-forest/

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by more heat than light » Mon May 22, 2017 12:40 pm

Just purchased a code for the vanilla edition so I could jump on the free upgrade. Only cost me £6, so I'm pretty chuffed.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by Venom » Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 pm

more heat than light wrote:Just purchased a code for the vanilla edition so I could jump on the free upgrade. Only cost me £6, so I'm pretty chuffed.


Where did you get that? I can't find codes anywhere.

EDIT: They are selling keys here for £6.74: https://www.g2a.com/ori-and-the-blind-f ... lobal.html
I've entered it into my Xbox account via my web browser and it has been accepted!

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Upgrade to Definitive Edition for free today only
by chalkitdown » Mon May 22, 2017 5:38 pm

I just remembered I bought this game and then never played it. :fp:. Must get this upgrade and play through it asap. What's in the definative edion, btw?

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by more heat than light » Mon May 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Venom wrote:
more heat than light wrote:Just purchased a code for the vanilla edition so I could jump on the free upgrade. Only cost me £6, so I'm pretty chuffed.


Where did you get that? I can't find codes anywhere.

EDIT: They are selling keys here for £6.74: https://www.g2a.com/ori-and-the-blind-f ... lobal.html
I've entered it into my Xbox account via my web browser and it has been accepted!


That's exactly where I got mine from. Guess they've put the price up a little.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Upgrade to Definitive Edition for free today only
by Venom » Mon May 22, 2017 5:59 pm

MHTL: That's cool. I did look for it before but seeing your post made me know that there were codes out there somewhere. :)
As I understand it the original version is really hard so I will play the definitive version.

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Upgrade to Definitive Edition for free today only
by Monkey Man » Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 pm

chalkitdown wrote:I just remembered I bought this game and then never played it. :fp:. Must get this upgrade and play through it asap. What's in the definative edion, btw?

NEW IN THE DEFINITIVE EDITION
• Packed with new and additional content: New areas, new secrets, new abilities, more story sequences, multiple difficulty modes, full backtracking support and much more!
• Discover Naru’s past in two brand new environments.
• Master two powerful new abilities – Dash and Light Burst.
• Find new secret areas and explore Nibel faster by teleporting between Spirit Wells.

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Upgrade to Definitive Edition for free today only
by rinks » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Nice. I never got round to buying the upgrade, though I did intend to. I thought it was great that they offered it. Feel a bit bad getting it for free. Only a bit, though.

But I did pay full price for the original on launch.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by rinks » Mon May 22, 2017 6:21 pm

more heat than light wrote:Just purchased a code for the vanilla edition so I could jump on the free upgrade. Only cost me £6, so I'm pretty chuffed.

I've just applied the upgrade, but I notice it simply downloads the Definitive version, leaving the original too. So, two sets of achievements?!

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10) - Definitive Edition/DLC out now on PC!!
by more heat than light » Mon May 22, 2017 6:24 pm

rinks wrote:So, two sets of achievements?!


Why else would I be excited about getting two copies of the same game? :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by Venom » Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 am

I've just discovered the upgrade wasn't automatic! To upgrade I have to pay £8. What crap. :x

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by rinks » Mon May 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Oof. That's harsh. At least you've got the nice challenge of the harder original version.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by chalkitdown » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:36 pm

Started this today after having it sat idle & unplayed for 8 months. :fp:

I'm about 2 hours into it and am thoroughly enjoying it APART FROM the stupidly cheap difficulty curve. I think I got about an hour into it before I turned it down to easy because strawberry float all these cheap-ass projectile enemies all over the place. It wasn't impossible or anything but it was severely impacting my enjoyment of the game. I've been enjoying it far more since then.

I see that before the definitive edition the game didn't have any warp points or difficulty settings :dread: I would have thrown my controller in frustration if I had played through that version.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by Squinty » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Only thing I found difficult with this game was the escape sequences. Those are nuts.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by Pedz » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:00 pm

I couldn't get on with the 3rd tree, it seemed like you had to keep jumping as the floor would burn you.

Image
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by rinks » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:04 pm

chalkitdown wrote:Started this today after having it sat idle & unplayed for 8 months. :fp:

I'm about 2 hours into it and am thoroughly enjoying it APART FROM the stupidly cheap difficulty curve. I think I got about an hour into it before I turned it down to easy because strawberry float all these cheap-ass projectile enemies all over the place. It wasn't impossible or anything but it was severely impacting my enjoyment of the game. I've been enjoying it far more since then.

I see that before the definitive edition the game didn't have any warp points or difficulty settings :dread: I would have thrown my controller in frustration if I had played through that version.

Good job you didn't buy the disc version.

Loves us all since 2008
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by chalkitdown » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:59 am

I'm properly addicted to this, now. I'm at the Misty Woods section and called it a night because I'm wrecked.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by chalkitdown » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Played loads of this yesterday. Got 100% completion in all areas and entered the final area in the mountain. I'll finish it off tonight. It's a strawberry floating great game, one of the best Metroidvanias I've played. The way you can just speed through the environment when you're all powered up is amazing. It controls so strawberry floating well. It made cleaning up all the collectibles I had left to find an absolute joy to do.

Still hate the projectile enemies, though.

User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by chalkitdown » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:47 am

Triple post combooooo


I finished this tonight with 100% everything. Glorious game overall and a very sweet ending. I also loved the extra bit in the underground area which I assume was DLC since it seems to be entirely optional.

NickSCFC

PostRe: Ori and the Blind Forest (Xbox One & Win10)
by NickSCFC » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:56 am

Image

Image

Image


Return to “Games”