Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XSX|S/XB1/Win10/Steam/Switch)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by Photek » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Squinty wrote:This game is a buggy strawberry floating mess. Can't even get it to load now. I was at the Luma Pools.

Can't believe this game came out of a Microsoft Game Studio. It's a strawberry floating disaster.

It’s not an Xbox Game Studio but it shouldn’t be this bad regardless.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by Squinty » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:14 pm

Photek wrote:
Squinty wrote:This game is a buggy strawberry floating mess. Can't even get it to load now. I was at the Luma Pools.

Can't believe this game came out of a Microsoft Game Studio. It's a strawberry floating disaster.

It’s not an Xbox Game Studio but it shouldn’t be this bad regardless.


Ah, they published it. My bad.

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by more heat than light » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:03 pm

I was disappointed with its performance in places, but it certainly isn't game ruining. I enjoyed my time with it, some frustrating boss battles notwithstanding.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by rinks » Sun May 17, 2020 8:25 pm

Major patch released that apparently fixes the slowdown. Hope so, because it became too infuriating to continue. The spider boss in particular was like slow motion.

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/05/t ... e_upgrades

Moon Studios has released another new patch for Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and it includes some major new additions! Importantly, it adds HDR support for those playing on PC, and also improves HDR visuals on Xbox consoles ("with new powerful HDR settings!") and integrates Dynamic Resolution Scaling.
The latter should help for anyone previously suffering performance issues with Ori and the Will of the Wisps, particularly on Xbox One, as Dynamic Resolution Scaling allows the game to lower its rendering resolution to help boost its framerate and increase performance when necessary.


https://www.orithegame.com/known-issues ... us-report/

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon May 18, 2020 7:43 am

Does anyone else mentally add a "+1 month" to any games release date, on the basis that you are going to be playing a significantly compromised version if you pick it up on launch?
Nearly every game i have loved in the past 5 years has been substantially improved within a month or two of release (and some longer still).

Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by Tomous » Mon May 18, 2020 7:49 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Does anyone else mentally add a "+1 month" to any games release date, on the basis that you are going to be playing a significantly compromised version if you pick it up on launch?
Nearly every game i have loved in the past 5 years has been substantially improved within a month or two of release (and some longer still).


I add 6-12 months usually.

Pay £50 at launch or £15-£20 later for a more polished version. I have a huge backlog anyway.

Nintendo games are the exception as they don't come down in price much and generally polished on release...and when they are more significant issues, such as La's frame rate issue, they don't tend to bother fixing them anyway.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon May 18, 2020 7:53 am

Tomous wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Does anyone else mentally add a "+1 month" to any games release date, on the basis that you are going to be playing a significantly compromised version if you pick it up on launch?
Nearly every game i have loved in the past 5 years has been substantially improved within a month or two of release (and some longer still).


I add 6-12 months usually.

Pay £50 at launch or £15-£20 later for a more polished version. I have a huge backlog anyway.

Nintendo games are the exception as they don't come down in price much and generally polished on release...and when they are more significant issues, such as La's frame rate issue, they don't tend to bother fixing them anyway.


Yea, that is a more accurate window of time, i guess "1 month" would be the wait i would give for a game i was desperate to play on launch. I was going to exclude Nintendo but then i remembered BotW had a couple of significant patches so they didn't escape my wrath either.

Image
Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Update out now!
by Monkey Man » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:21 am

twitter.com/OriTheGame/status/1275833765969838081


Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Squinty » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:16 am

I tried. Their game was buggy as strawberry float. It was very disappointing.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Moggy » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Squinty wrote:I tried. Their game was buggy as strawberry float. It was very disappointing.


Try again, it seems to be fixed now.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Squinty » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:37 pm

Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:I tried. Their game was buggy as strawberry float. It was very disappointing.


Try again, it seems to be fixed now.


I tried it when they updated it a while back. I couldn't load the game on start up. I don't want to waste anymore time on it.

User avatar
rinks
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Aboard the train that goes around the world

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by rinks » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:43 pm

I got back into this a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve just got to what I’m assuming is the final area. Save is at 99%. Kind of dreading a bastard-hard final boss.

EDIT:
All done. Thankfully I was so powered up, having collected everything, that Shriek was a bit of a pushover.

Brilliant game (apart from the early technical issues, which didn’t rear their head again).

User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Monkey Man » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:45 pm



Ori and the Will of the Wisps Optimized for Xbox Series X (Xbox Game Studios – Moon Studios – Holiday 2020). Now optimized for the Xbox Series X, explore the Forest of Niwen in Ori and the Will of the Wisps as you seek to uncover Ori’s true destiny with higher fidelity graphics and faster performance. At 120 FPS in beautiful 4K HDR and 120hz, the silky-smooth feel, low input latency and crisp imagery come together to create an unprecedented precision platforming experience.

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XSX/XSS/XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Clarkman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:28 pm

So this has shadow dropped on Switch today. Supposedly 60 FPS.

£24.99 on release, which is probably fair given this is a big release, but still seems a lot. Feel like my tipping point is about £18 which will hopefully happen come January.

User avatar
Edd
Member
Joined in 2015
Contact:

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XSX/XSS/XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 2 million players
by Edd » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Yeah, as much as I loved Ori 2 and would play again on Switch, £25 is a lot for something I played a few months ago on PC GamePass.

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XSX/XSS/XB1/Win10/Steam) - Out now on Switch!!
by Rubix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:38 pm

Need to update the poll.

I’m interested in this game

PLAY | Super Mario Maker 2, Cyberpunk 2077, Monster Hunter Rise
WATCH | The Falcon and the Winter Soldier [S1], The Flight Attendant [S1], The Circle USA [S2], Taskmaster [S11]
READ | [b] The Secret Political Adviser, [a] How to be like Walt, [k] I'll be there for you
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XSX/XSS/XB1/Win10/Steam) - Out now on Switch!!
by Garth » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:07 pm



This is simply a stunning conversion to Switch. One of the most beautiful games on Xbox One retains almost all of its visual features on the Nintendo hybrid console - and does so while still targeting 60 frames per second. It's an astonishing technological achievement, but how is it possible? John talks with the developers and showcases the techniques and optimisations used to deliver the latest of Switch's miracle ports.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - out 11th March. Opening 20mins of Gameplay & previews.
by Tomous » Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:54 pm

Moggy wrote:I played and completed the first game during paternity leave after my son was born. All those hours that he was asleep were a wonderful time to get some gaming in. It’s a shame he doesn’t still do it. ;)


This is exactly what I've just done with the second :lol: :wub:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - out 11th March. Opening 20mins of Gameplay & previews.
by Moggy » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:00 pm

Tomous wrote:
Moggy wrote:I played and completed the first game during paternity leave after my son was born. All those hours that he was asleep were a wonderful time to get some gaming in. It’s a shame he doesn’t still do it. ;)


This is exactly what I've just done with the second :lol: :wub:


Enjoy it while you can, that time doesn't last very long. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (XB1/Win10/Steam) - out 11th March. Opening 20mins of Gameplay & previews.
by Tomous » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:11 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Moggy wrote:I played and completed the first game during paternity leave after my son was born. All those hours that he was asleep were a wonderful time to get some gaming in. It’s a shame he doesn’t still do it. ;)


This is exactly what I've just done with the second :lol: :wub:


Enjoy it while you can, that time doesn't last very long. :lol:


Yeah, only took me 15 hours and I've 100%-ed it

I am, don't worry i have a little nephew so know what's to come :lol:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Photek and 176 guests