Overheard

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by Moggy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:15 pm

“….and for that money I would have expected at least a cowboy hat!”

“What?”

“the game I bought for my daughter, it’s all about cowboys and we bought the special edition but it didn’t come with anything extra. For £25 more she could have at least got a hat!”

“A real hat?”

“Yes, of course a real hat”

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by Moggy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:17 pm

“…that’s why I am not into gaming, I prefer stories”

“Lots of games have stories”

“Yeah but it’s why I prefer Star Trek to Star Wars, I just prefer people talking. It’s like in action movies, I fast forward all the action so I can hear people talking. I just don’t like gaming for that reason”

“Yes, but lots of games are just talking and story. It depends on the game”

“Nah, it’s just not for me, I like proper stories”

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Overheard
by OrangeRKN » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:“Nah, it’s just not for me, I like proper stories”


Image

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Overheard
by pjbetman » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:34 pm

Dowbocop wrote:My dad has a friend from church whose son very sadly died earlier this month aged 29. At his funeral there were a lot of people in the 15-35 age bracket as you'd expect, and a lot of them weren't Christian so had no real knowledge of Christianity/Catholicism. One of the family friends happens to be an archbishop, who upon hearing the news cleared his diary and was one of several clergy who took part in the funeral. He stood out from the other priests on the altar because he was wearing his full regalia (including mitre). After the funeral a young person walks up to my dad's friend to pay their respects and compliment her on the service.

"Beautiful service, it was good you got the Pope to come..."


:slol:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Overheard
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:41 pm

To be fair, given how "backed up" he must be it's probably not that hard to get the Pope to come.


:slol:

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Overheard
by Lagamorph » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Receptionist at the vet,
How do you spell poison? Is it p o i s e n?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Overheard
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:26 pm

I've seen much worse spelling mistakes...

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Overheard
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:49 pm

I Believe In Stool Bloke wrote:I've seen much worse spelling mistakes...

Errkals post history for one.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Overheard
by Jenuall » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Not spelling mistakes exactly but this has reminded me of two examples of utter idiocy I overheard today at work:

"My favourite bit about Christmas dinner has got to be the pigeon blankets" :fp:

And this one when talking about whether there will be a second referendum on Brexit:

"Flat chance. I just can't see it happening"

Some people really are morons.

Image
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Overheard
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:06 pm

During a conversation about KFC and their sides, a colleague once asked me, "Why don't they do peas on the cob?"

Chocolate-milk: Confirmed drinker of wank.
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Overheard
by Photek » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 am

:lol:

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by Moggy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:46 am

As I was walking past a Greggs, a girl with an angry look on her face:

“That’s the trouble mind, people who eat meat are strawberry floating buying them. They’re not vegans!”

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Overheard
by Jenuall » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Moggy wrote:As I was walking past a Greggs, a girl with an angry look on her face:

“That’s the trouble mind, people who eat meat are strawberry floating buying them. They’re not vegans!”

The painful irony at the heart of all vegans: if people actually listen to us and change their eating habits then we won't be able to experience the true meaning of being vegan - feeling superior to everyone else!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by Moggy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:06 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:As I was walking past a Greggs, a girl with an angry look on her face:

“That’s the trouble mind, people who eat meat are strawberry floating buying them. They’re not vegans!”

The painful irony at the heart of all vegans: if people actually listen to us and change their eating habits then we won't be able to experience the true meaning of being vegan - feeling superior to everyone else!


From what I gathered she wasn’t acting superior, she was pissed off that they had run out of vegan sausage rolls.

Which is silly, surely as a vegan you want people to try the food, enjoy it and then turn vegan. That’s how to save the animals. :lol:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Overheard
by Jenuall » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:As I was walking past a Greggs, a girl with an angry look on her face:

“That’s the trouble mind, people who eat meat are strawberry floating buying them. They’re not vegans!”

The painful irony at the heart of all vegans: if people actually listen to us and change their eating habits then we won't be able to experience the true meaning of being vegan - feeling superior to everyone else!


From what I gathered she wasn’t acting superior, she was pissed off that they had run out of vegan sausage rolls.

Which is silly, surely as a vegan you want people to try the food, enjoy it and then turn vegan. That’s how to save the animals. :lol:

Nah, that's what they want you to think. Things like this betray their true selves - they don't want to save the animals at all! :lol:

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Overheard
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Go vegan! Save all the animals!

Right, say we all suddenly stop eating meat. Every one of us. What happens to all cattle etc? They don't magically start roaming the countryside in some cartoon animal utopia, people won't make any money from them any more (As they won't use animal skins etc for anything) so they won't be around at all. No farmer is having fields of animals for the sake of it, next to all domesticated farm animals will cease to exist. So instead of saving them, they'll doom them to zoos at best.

banana splits.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by Moggy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:As I was walking past a Greggs, a girl with an angry look on her face:

“That’s the trouble mind, people who eat meat are strawberry floating buying them. They’re not vegans!”

The painful irony at the heart of all vegans: if people actually listen to us and change their eating habits then we won't be able to experience the true meaning of being vegan - feeling superior to everyone else!


From what I gathered she wasn’t acting superior, she was pissed off that they had run out of vegan sausage rolls.

Which is silly, surely as a vegan you want people to try the food, enjoy it and then turn vegan. That’s how to save the animals. :lol:

Nah, that's what they want you to think. Things like this betray their true selves - they don't want to save the animals at all! :lol:


Damn them, I’m off to Greggs to buy all their veggie goods just to piss them off! They think they’re special? I’ll buy all the strawberry floating vegetables :x

User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Overheard
by DML » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:40 pm

People get so angry about vegans. Jeez.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Overheard
by Victor Mildew » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:40 pm

As a vegan I'm angry at myself.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Overheard
by pjbetman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:15 pm

Ad7 wrote:Go vegan! Save all the animals!

Right, say we all suddenly stop eating meat. Every one of us. What happens to all cattle etc? They don't magically start roaming the countryside in some cartoon animal utopia, people won't make any money from them any more (As they won't use animal skins etc for anything) so they won't be around at all. No farmer is having fields of animals for the sake of it, next to all domesticated farm animals will cease to exist. So instead of saving them, they'll doom them to zoos at best.

banana splits.


Of course, it's not about saving the animals. All animals will die eventually ( :slol: ) but it's how theyre treated before they up in your burger, that's the issue.

(Thought I'd point that out, even though I know you know)


Return to “Stuff”