Suspension of democracy ruled unlawful by Supreme Court | Parliament NOT prorogued | Election November?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in the UK has been ended for political reasons by an unelected Prime Minister
by Saigon Slick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:47 pm

Nah, we are just as strawberry floated as they are. Sorry mate.

Image
User avatar
Ding Dong Merrilly on Hide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in the UK has been ended for political reasons by an unelected Prime Minister
by Ding Dong Merrilly on Hide » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:50 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

Do not prorogue Parliament

Parliament must not be prorogued or dissolved unless and until the Article 50 period has been sufficiently extended or the UK's intention to withdraw from the EU has been cancelled.

454,085 signatures


I'm not signing any petition like that if the country has indeed become a dictatorship.

All Hail Supreme Ruler Boris.

Image
User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in the UK has been ended for political reasons by an unelected Prime Minister
by Saigon Slick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

Do not prorogue Parliament

Parliament must not be prorogued or dissolved unless and until the Article 50 period has been sufficiently extended or the UK's intention to withdraw from the EU has been cancelled.

454,085 signatures


Almost 150,000 people have signed that in the ninety minutes since you posted it. Hope it gets to a million before I finish work.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in the UK has been ended for political reasons by an unelected Prime Minister
by Somebody Else's Presents » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Signed.

Image
User avatar
I Shot A Kid
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in the UK has been ended for political reasons by an unelected Prime Minister
by I Shot A Kid » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:16 pm

This is a truly outrageous state of affairs. What's worse is that it's probably going to work.

I've been an optimistic People's Vote happy clapper from pretty much the beginning, but now... :(

Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by BID0 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:45 pm


User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Squinty » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Signed the petition (for what good it will do).

This is dire.

User avatar
Saigon Slick
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Saigon Slick » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:51 pm

BID0 wrote:


Oh God, this changes everything!

Image
User avatar
Qikzmas
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Qikzmas » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Qikz wrote:I severely feel the only way we can solve this is if the entire country worth of protesters completely downs tools and brings the economy to a standstill, but due to how our lives work it simply isn't possible.

People need to be marching every single day as in hong kong or they're never going to listen. strawberry float the tory party for allowing this and everyone on the other side of parliamentary lines sitting back and allowing this to happen as well.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Karl_ » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:08 pm

Qikz wrote:
Qikz wrote:I severely feel the only way we can solve this is if the entire country worth of protesters completely downs tools and brings the economy to a standstill, but due to how our lives work it simply isn't possible.

People need to be marching every single day as in hong kong or they're never going to listen. strawberry float the tory party for allowing this and everyone on the other side of parliamentary lines sitting back and allowing this to happen as well.

Image

Unfortunately, we probably don't have the strong, well-organised labour movement necessary to hold a meaningful general strike. I feel many people have forgotten that unions aren't just about standing up to your boss, they are also the best way to stand up to the government.

I hope that there will be strikes, it's not impossible that the unions we have left pull together and take action, but we seem to be lacking that element of militancy now and I'm a bit pessimistic.

User avatar
Victor Mistletoe
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Victor Mistletoe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:16 pm

Signed, for all the good it will do. strawberry floating Tory banana splits.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jam-Master Jay
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos
Location: Stourbridge
Contact:

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Jam-Master Jay » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:22 pm

There is no hope for this strawberry floating country.

Image
User avatar
Meep in Heavenly Peace
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Meep in Heavenly Peace » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:22 pm

I read a very depressing piece by a guy whose business is going under. About 10% of a business vanished overnight after the referendum just due to the uncertainty and he will probably have to lay off half his workforce in the event of no trade agreement.

We ought to start herding cattle down Westminster and blocking the motorways with HGVs to give people an idea of the kind of chaos they can look forward to.

User avatar
Qikzmas
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Qikzmas » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:25 pm

Karl_ wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Qikz wrote:I severely feel the only way we can solve this is if the entire country worth of protesters completely downs tools and brings the economy to a standstill, but due to how our lives work it simply isn't possible.

People need to be marching every single day as in hong kong or they're never going to listen. strawberry float the tory party for allowing this and everyone on the other side of parliamentary lines sitting back and allowing this to happen as well.

Image

Unfortunately, we probably don't have the strong, well-organised labour movement necessary to hold a meaningful general strike. I feel many people have forgotten that unions aren't just about standing up to your boss, they are also the best way to stand up to the government.

I hope that there will be strikes, it's not impossible that the unions we have left pull together and take action, but we seem to be lacking that element of militancy now and I'm a bit pessimistic.


I don't see any other way that we can stop this.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Hyperion » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:36 pm

Johnson deserves to be swinging from a girder

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Lagamorph » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:38 pm

Have signed the petition.

Doesn't seem to be any protests in the North, though given how Leave supporting the North was in general maybe that's not such a bad thing. Any turnout would probably be quite low and that would be used as propaganda by the right, "Look how poor the traitor turnout was"

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Somebody Else's Presents
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Somebody Else's Presents » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Have signed the petition.

Doesn't seem to be any protests in the North, though given how Leave supporting the North was in general maybe that's not such a bad thing. Any turnout would probably be quite low and that would be used as propaganda by the right, "Look how poor the traitor turnout was"


Apparently there's one in Durham.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to advance far-right agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests, petition in
by Errkal » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:56 pm

Total strawberry floating gooseberry fool show, and so many banana splits will say they voted for this gooseberry fool.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by Lagamorph » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Have signed the petition.

Doesn't seem to be any protests in the North, though given how Leave supporting the North was in general maybe that's not such a bad thing. Any turnout would probably be quite low and that would be used as propaganda by the right, "Look how poor the traitor turnout was"


Apparently there's one in Durham.

Any idea when? That's about 30-45 minutes by car so close enough to go if I'm around for it

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Parliamentary democracy in UK ended to force through agenda of unelected Prime Minister | Protests and petition in O
by BID0 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
BID0 wrote:


Oh God, this changes everything!

sarcasm? :slol:

She was probably the one savior to May's GE campaign.


Return to “Stuff”