(PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
A Beautiful Kezmas Tree
Member
Joined in 2012
AKA: Moggy

Post(PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by A Beautiful Kezmas Tree » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Welcome to the PC gaming community thread (No.6)

Image

Look how far we've come, not a meltdown in sight. :toot:

What is this?
This is the official thread for the PC gaming subcommunity here on GRcade.

What do you post here?
PC gaming related chat, as well as community banter (read: making fun of each other in a really passive aggressive way).

Which games are discussed here?
Anything on PC. But if you want more than a fleeting discussion about a particular game, make a new thread. We promise we'll post there.

I am le trole ruse-master, console supremacy!1!
No. Go away.




I want to hang out with you!

You sure do. You should connect to our Mumble or Discord server:

Mumble:

Label: GRcade
Address: grcade.co.uk
Port: 64738
Username: Your GRcade username (but letters, numbers and underscores only please!)
No password required!

Mumble's pretty quiet these days, although I like to think we are really just waiting for the next big online game to tickle us. If you, or anyone else, wants to organise some games - get on Mumble. We've got a dedicated community of at least a dozen people who are willing to play whatever, provided you ask.

Mumble's a cool place. If there's anyone who lurks the PC threads, they should come on Mumble and have a chat. We're not hostile to new people: listen in for a while so you get the gist of what we do. We'll welcome you with open arms.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DISCORD Placeholder

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


You should also join our Steam group so that you can add us as friends on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/grcade-dot-com#members


What can I do once I'm integrated into this fantastic community?

If sitting in Mumble talking about anime isn't enough, you might convince us to play videogames with you.

Image





Last edited by A Beautiful Kezmas Tree on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Image
Image
Image
https://i.imgur.com/p4kW4c7.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
A Beautiful Kezmas Tree
Member
Joined in 2012
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by A Beautiful Kezmas Tree » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:01 pm

First.

Image
Image
Image
https://i.imgur.com/p4kW4c7.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Peter Crisp » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Third.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Qikzmas
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Qikzmas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:35 pm

Reviving my partpicker for my new PC since I'm thinking about starting to order parts.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PgJD9J

This is something the wonderful @Falsey recommended to me and I'm thinking of upping the CPU to either a 3900 or a 3700 when I know the price. I've looked at the benchmarks and I'm nowhere near smart enough when it comes to actual components to know how much better one is over the other, but 3900 will be futureproofing myself I guess!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
A Beautiful Kezmas Tree
Member
Joined in 2012
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by A Beautiful Kezmas Tree » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:39 pm

have you cross ref'd with logical increments? - been toying with the idea of a new GTX as i've only got a 970 at the moment.

other specs as follows:

i7-4790K | 16gb RAM | Z97Xmobo | GTX970|

Image
Image
Image
https://i.imgur.com/p4kW4c7.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Peter Crisp » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:44 pm

It seems like this is a bit of a bad time to buy new parts with new hardware being released.
Are games really pushing the boundaries of hardware now as they were back in the days of Crysis?
Has RTX actually become all that common for PC gamers yet?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
A Beautiful Kezmas Tree
Member
Joined in 2012
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by A Beautiful Kezmas Tree » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:50 pm

That's a good shout, honestly I wouldn't know when is the best time to buy - often times I go with middle of the road rather than bleeding edge anyway.

In terms of performance, I guess for me I play two very resource intensive games DCS and ARMA3 so would like a bit more bit to the experience.

Image
Image
Image
https://i.imgur.com/p4kW4c7.png

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread |
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by That's not a growth » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:It seems like this is a bit of a bad time to buy new parts with new hardware being released.
Are games really pushing the boundaries of hardware now as they were back in the days of Crysis?
Has RTX actually become all that common for PC gamers yet?


I think there's only something like 8 games that use RTX isn't there?

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by KjGarly » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:44 pm

That's not a growth wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:It seems like this is a bit of a bad time to buy new parts with new hardware being released.
Are games really pushing the boundaries of hardware now as they were back in the days of Crysis?
Has RTX actually become all that common for PC gamers yet?


I think there's only something like 8 games that use RTX isn't there?


I think the only 1 I tried and thought it really improved visually was Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, looks stunning with Ray Tracing on.

Qikz wrote:Reviving my partpicker for my new PC since I'm thinking about starting to order parts.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PgJD9J

This is something the wonderful @Falsey recommended to me and I'm thinking of upping the CPU to either a 3900 or a 3700 when I know the price. I've looked at the benchmarks and I'm nowhere near smart enough when it comes to actual components to know how much better one is over the other, but 3900 will be futureproofing myself I guess!


Maybe hold out due to the super versions of the RTX cards coming out? RTX 2060 Super is more 2070 in terms of power with 8GB Vram I think unlike the ones out now which are more on par with a GTX 1080 but only 6GB Vram. Price is supposed to be the same which will lower the prices of the none Super variants.

Wonder if I could somehow send mine back (RTX 2060) which I got in May from Amazon and get a Super when they are released :shifty:

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Qikzmas
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Qikzmas » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:47 pm

KjGarly wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:It seems like this is a bit of a bad time to buy new parts with new hardware being released.
Are games really pushing the boundaries of hardware now as they were back in the days of Crysis?
Has RTX actually become all that common for PC gamers yet?


I think there's only something like 8 games that use RTX isn't there?


I think the only 1 I tried and thought it really improved visually was Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, looks stunning with Ray Tracing on.

Qikz wrote:Reviving my partpicker for my new PC since I'm thinking about starting to order parts.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PgJD9J

This is something the wonderful @Falsey recommended to me and I'm thinking of upping the CPU to either a 3900 or a 3700 when I know the price. I've looked at the benchmarks and I'm nowhere near smart enough when it comes to actual components to know how much better one is over the other, but 3900 will be futureproofing myself I guess!


Maybe hold out due to the super versions of the RTX cards coming out? RTX 2060 Super is more 2070 in terms of power with 8GB Vram I think unlike the ones out now which are more on par with a GTX 1080 but only 6GB Vram. Price is supposed to be the same which will lower the prices of the none Super variants.

Wonder if I could somehow send mine back (RTX 2060) which I got in May from Amazon and get a Super when they are released :shifty:


When are they due out?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Trelliz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 pm

I'm eying up a new GPU in the relatively near future as this 770 2GB has lasted long enough. Given how little I'm playing and at 1080p I reckon a 1060 6GB would be more than sufficient, especially as the prices are dropping due to no longer being the new hotness.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by KjGarly » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Qikz wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:It seems like this is a bit of a bad time to buy new parts with new hardware being released.
Are games really pushing the boundaries of hardware now as they were back in the days of Crysis?
Has RTX actually become all that common for PC gamers yet?


I think there's only something like 8 games that use RTX isn't there?


I think the only 1 I tried and thought it really improved visually was Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, looks stunning with Ray Tracing on.

Qikz wrote:Reviving my partpicker for my new PC since I'm thinking about starting to order parts.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PgJD9J

This is something the wonderful @Falsey recommended to me and I'm thinking of upping the CPU to either a 3900 or a 3700 when I know the price. I've looked at the benchmarks and I'm nowhere near smart enough when it comes to actual components to know how much better one is over the other, but 3900 will be futureproofing myself I guess!


Maybe hold out due to the super versions of the RTX cards coming out? RTX 2060 Super is more 2070 in terms of power with 8GB Vram I think unlike the ones out now which are more on par with a GTX 1080 but only 6GB Vram. Price is supposed to be the same which will lower the prices of the none Super variants.

Wonder if I could somehow send mine back (RTX 2060) which I got in May from Amazon and get a Super when they are released :shifty:


When are they due out?


9th July for the 2060 and 2070 with the 2080 Super releasing later in the month.

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Xeno » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 pm

The reviews are so so for the cards however they have said to get the 2060 super over the old 2060 simply due to the memory increase as the extra 2gb on the board will help. From what I can tell it is a cut down 2070 and performs really well.

I have seen a few benchmarks of the new Ryzen cpu's and they are looking really good. I am genuinely considering getting a Ryzen 9 next year if the 3950X performs well. The 3900x seems to be listed for 479.99 everywhere I look.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by HSH28 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Thinking about upgrading (basically a complete rebuild) my PC.

At the moment I'm thinking of a Ryzen 3700X and a 2070 Super.

Reviews for the new Navi based AMD GPUs are out today, looks like they offer decent performance if you aren't interested in any of the things RTX offers.





https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... idia-super

User avatar
Silent Right
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Silent Right » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:35 am

So how about them videogames huh?

Image

Pelloki on ghosts wrote:Just start masturbating furiously. That'll make them go away.

Image
User avatar
Qikzmas
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Qikzmas » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:38 am

Glad to be a monarch.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Pedz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:07 am

Should be more tiers. Then again. It sounds like Monarch has all the platforms. What does a PC and Switch player come under? Can't be a monarch as the don't have access to PS4 and some Xbox One exclusives like Rare Replay.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Lagamorph » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:32 am

Where do people who don't buy games but subscribe to services like Gamepass and PSNow fall though?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Pedz » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:54 am

I dunno, would if you do both?

Man, this is complicated srs stuff.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: (PCGT VI) Not a meltdown in sight
by Knoyleo » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:14 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Where do people who don't buy games but subscribe to services like Gamepass and PSNow fall though?

Parasites


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KjGarly, MSN [Bot] and 55 guests