Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:08 pm

I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Mafro » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Put jeans in the freezer and remove dirt when frozen.

lmao no

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by False » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Saw in the shop at the weekend they have a Pokemon line coming this week

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Mafro » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 pm

False wrote:Saw in the shop at the weekend they have a Pokemon line coming this week

Aye I shat myself when I saw that but all the designs are fan-designs and I don't like any of them thankfully https://www.uniqlo.com/utgp/2019/uk/en/ Seems the top winner was disqualified or something too.

The only one I vaguely like is the Team Rocket one but that's women's only :simper:

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by False » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:06 pm

whats the difference with the womens? titty pockets?

Image
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Rocsteady » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:43 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

Wasn’t aimed specifically at you, more at mafro and the previous five pages or whatever of random stacks of Uniqlo t shirts being bought for a fiver.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:23 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

Wasn’t aimed specifically at you, more at mafro and the previous five pages or whatever of random stacks of Uniqlo t shirts being bought for a fiver.


I understood that but I have become a bit of Uniqlo fanboy so I thought it right to respond.

I heard about fast fashion on radio a few months ago and I couldn't believe how stupid people were being with purchases. Add in the environmental affect/effect and you can't help but be more mindful of purchases.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Saint of Killers » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:25 pm

False wrote:Saw in the shop at the weekend they have a Pokemon line coming this week


There's a way to check on the website too: scroll to the bottom of the prints section and it'll have a banner link for upcoming designs. The Kaws gooseberry fool sold out stupidly fast. Thankfully they were pretty awful for summer tees.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by <]:^D » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:36 pm

is uniqlo contributing to this fast fashion problem though? they seem to generally price stuff more middle-range

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Mafro » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:10 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

Wasn’t aimed specifically at you, more at mafro and the previous five pages or whatever of random stacks of Uniqlo t shirts being bought for a fiver.

Uniqlo aren't in the "fast fashion" category and I couldn't really give a gooseberry fool how my clothes-on-sale buying (or anything else I do) is affecting the environment in the grand scale of things. These t-shirts will last for years anyway just like all the previous Uniqlo ones I've bought will (still wear ones bought 7+ years ago)

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:13 pm

Got some new underwear today in the sale
CK as they last so long, remain comfortable and look great. Also tried a box of Armani ones as they look great.

I have some Uniqlo ones which I have had for over a year which these will replace as the Uniqlo ones just don't cut it after a years worth of washing. The fabric has stretched and lost its shape.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Dual » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:18 pm

<]:^D wrote:is uniqlo contributing to this fast fashion problem though? they seem to generally price stuff more middle-range


It's not just about the price it's the sustainability of their supply chain and whether the products are made ethically.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Mafro » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:04 am

CK boxers are amazing.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Rocsteady » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:49 am

Mafro wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

Wasn’t aimed specifically at you, more at mafro and the previous five pages or whatever of random stacks of Uniqlo t shirts being bought for a fiver.

Uniqlo aren't in the "fast fashion" category and I couldn't really give a gooseberry fool how my clothes-on-sale buying (or anything else I do) is affecting the environment in the grand scale of things. These t-shirts will last for years anyway just like all the previous Uniqlo ones I've bought will (still wear ones bought 7+ years ago)

Brilliant.

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Saint of Killers » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:08 am

I think people think like that because they believe they have to make huge changes from the get go, as opposed to making small changes and going from there. One of the small changes I made is that I wash my printed tees less often as I am assuming the print is made using PVC, solvents, etc.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Ad7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 am

Most of my clothing is upwards of 10 years old. A couple of jumpers are 20 years old.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Mafro » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:31 am

Rocsteady wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:I cannot help how unsustainable cotton is. However, I wear my clothes over and over and over and over and over (I'm not one of these people who buys, wears once and then bins them or whatever) meaning everything I buy I keep for *years* and then either sell on, or recycle. I also don't wash them as often as I could, though I started doing that more out of fear of them losing their colour, than worries about the environment. So yeah, I probably could do better by buying more sustainable materials, but I think I'm a more considerate consumer than your average fast fashion shopper.

Wasn’t aimed specifically at you, more at mafro and the previous five pages or whatever of random stacks of Uniqlo t shirts being bought for a fiver.

Uniqlo aren't in the "fast fashion" category and I couldn't really give a gooseberry fool how my clothes-on-sale buying (or anything else I do) is affecting the environment in the grand scale of things. These t-shirts will last for years anyway just like all the previous Uniqlo ones I've bought will (still wear ones bought 7+ years ago)

Brilliant.

Not sure why this has you all wound up but I’m finding it pretty amusing :lol:

Ad7 wrote:Most of my clothing is upwards of 10 years old. A couple of jumpers are 20 years old.

I think virtually all my jackets apart from a Superdry one I got last year are around 10. Trying to think of the oldest piece of clothing I own and still wear and it’s probably my Lakers basketball jersey I must have got near the end of high school.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Bought this framed print of The Scream
Image
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... prod_image
Always been fascinated by this one.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by Moggy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:10 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Bought this framed print of The Scream
Image
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... prod_image
Always been fascinated by this one.


Is that the cursed painting?

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases!
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Moggy wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Bought this framed print of The Scream
Image
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... prod_image
Always been fascinated by this one.


Is that the cursed painting?

I hope not :slol: There is currently an Edvard Munch exhibition on at the British Museum in London. Hoping to go see it after work on Friday evening when it should hopefully be quieter!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Cuttooth, Errkal, Frank, Preezy, Tafdolphin and 61 guests