Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:44 am

Prototype wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)


Couldnt find the ones you're talking about. Link pls?


Howard Leight 3301105 Laser Lite Ear Plugs, Pink&Yellow, 20 Pairs

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:08 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)

3M 1100 - SNR 37dB :x

The LLs are magic. They make it so it's like my annoying af neighbours do not exist. The 1100s on the other hand don't stay in place at all. Thank god I only paid a little over £5 for the 100! Though it was dumb of me not to try a pair straight away :fp: "They're 3M! How much worse could they be?" strawberry floating idiot.

You tried silicone ones like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Pairs-Plu ... 346&sr=8-6 Always found them much better than those foam ones that just fall out of my ears eventually. You roll them into a ball to warm them up then press them over your ear hole so they mould around it and form a seal.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)

3M 1100 - SNR 37dB :x

The LLs are magic. They make it so it's like my annoying af neighbours do not exist. The 1100s on the other hand don't stay in place at all. Thank god I only paid a little over £5 for the 100! Though it was dumb of me not to try a pair straight away :fp: "They're 3M! How much worse could they be?" strawberry floating idiot.

You tried silicone ones like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Pairs-Plu ... 346&sr=8-6 Always found them much better than those foam ones that just fall out of my ears eventually. You roll them into a ball to warm them up then press them over your ear hole so they mould around it and form a seal.


I have been meaning to give those a try! Have you tried the ones you linked?

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:04 am

Cancelled my order for the foam ones (I still have a few left and that'll be plenty for two months or so given the fact I reuse them but also don't have to use them every night) and bought a batch of the wax. They were certainly cheap enough and had lots of good reviews, too.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)

3M 1100 - SNR 37dB :x

The LLs are magic. They make it so it's like my annoying af neighbours do not exist. The 1100s on the other hand don't stay in place at all. Thank god I only paid a little over £5 for the 100! Though it was dumb of me not to try a pair straight away :fp: "They're 3M! How much worse could they be?" strawberry floating idiot.

You tried silicone ones like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Pairs-Plu ... 346&sr=8-6 Always found them much better than those foam ones that just fall out of my ears eventually. You roll them into a ball to warm them up then press them over your ear hole so they mould around it and form a seal.


I have been meaning to give those a try! Have you tried the ones you linked?

Those are the ones I have.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Green Gecko » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:47 pm

I just use silicone flange style ones. They're easy to wash and don't pollute the waste stream. They also have a hole for equalising pressure in your ears and don't totally block out all sound which is helpful in most situations and possibly reduces build up of moisture which might lead to ear infections.

I don't really see the need for 100 pairs of anything to be honest.

I also got given these for everyday/outdoor use as you shouldn't block your ears on streets, and they're amazing for my ASC hypersensitivity.

https://www.flareaudio.com/pages/calmer-music

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:51 pm

Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Mafro wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)

3M 1100 - SNR 37dB :x

The LLs are magic. They make it so it's like my annoying af neighbours do not exist. The 1100s on the other hand don't stay in place at all. Thank god I only paid a little over £5 for the 100! Though it was dumb of me not to try a pair straight away :fp: "They're 3M! How much worse could they be?" strawberry floating idiot.

You tried silicone ones like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hush-Pairs-Plu ... 346&sr=8-6 Always found them much better than those foam ones that just fall out of my ears eventually. You roll them into a ball to warm them up then press them over your ear hole so they mould around it and form a seal.


I have been meaning to give those a try! Have you tried the ones you linked?

Those are the ones I have.


Cool. Thank you.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:32 am

The Demon Slayer tees are up on Uniqlo.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Vermilion » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:59 am

Speaking of Uniqlo, went to order a winter jacket a week or so ago, but it was late in the evening and i accidentally ordered a hoodie (same colour) instead.

Anyways, i found you couldn't cancel orders and just have to return error purchases, so anyways, i went and ordered the jacket i actually wanted, but when both items arrived, they were so awesome i kept them both.

This was the blocktech weatherproof parka...

Image

...and this was the error hoodie...

Image

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by darksideby182 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:52 am

You'll definitely blend in with the autumn/winter skies with those.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Vermilion » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:17 am

Thought i'd better get a weatherproof one, so that i'll have something if i get to do my loch lomond tour next month.

I doubt the locals need new jackets each winter though, they probably just scrape the moss off the old ones.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:07 am

More Marvel tees and hoodies coming soon https://www.uniqlo.com/uk/en/content/ID ... m3623.html

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by That's not a growth » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:19 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)


Couldnt find the ones you're talking about. Link pls?


Howard Leight 3301105 Laser Lite Ear Plugs, Pink&Yellow, 20 Pairs


I've been sleeping with these in my ears for about 7 or 8 years now, they're great.

User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Prototype » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:28 am

That's not a growth wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Noise cancelling earplugs advice:

Honeywell Howard Leight - Laser Lite SNR 35 dB/32 NRR :wub: (You can get 20 on Amazon for a little under £4)


Couldnt find the ones you're talking about. Link pls?


Howard Leight 3301105 Laser Lite Ear Plugs, Pink&Yellow, 20 Pairs


I've been sleeping with these in my ears for about 7 or 8 years now, they're great.


That's quite the nap!

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by That's not a growth » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:36 am

Unfortunately I couldn't hear my alarm.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:47 pm

:lol:

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Green Gecko » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:29 pm

I just dropped about £75 on discounted journals and paintbrushes in TK Maxx :shifty:

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:28 am

Speaking of journals I've got my 2021 Hobonichi on the way from Japan via FedEx.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:31 am

I founder a cheaper variety of Stevia sweetner :toot:

Truvia 270g jar = £5 (or best part of, anyway)

Castello Stevai 1kg jar = £11.70 - £14.15 (depending on the concentration split between stevia and erythritol)

Has the same granular texture as regular granular sugar/Truvia Spoonable. It's available on Amazon.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Green Gecko » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:11 pm

Mafro wrote:Speaking of journals I've got my 2021 Hobonichi on the way from Japan via FedEx.

I grabbed stuff like A4 size LEUCHTTURM1917 and Moleskin Pro Collection for £6 each, normally £20+ :lol:

One or two of them are dotted which is such a fantastic way to do diagrams, layouts or furniture designs for example.

Plus something like £50 worth of Royal Langnickel & Daler Rowney paintbrushes for £15. I spent half of that on a good quality filbert shape a couple of months ago, now I have 6 or so and used them last night to finish off a sign I'm painting. Much better for painting edges than rounds.

Went in there just for fun, was pretty much hyperventilating through my facemask :slol:

For my partner even found a single limited edition Harry Potter hardback moleskin, again £5 or so rather than £15+.

I dislike having stacks of papers lying around though, enough journals to keep my gooseberry fool together and self-archived/easily referenced for the next 10 years or so. Had a neat little personal library going since uni in 2008.

I've paid full price for these things many times in the past, so it was a great shop :toot:

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image

Return to “Stuff”