Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Vermilion » Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 am

Moggy wrote:He was on the way to sell his cow and a peddler on the road offered to swap his beans for the cow.


I did that, trouble is though, the resulting plant in my garden is getting a bit big now.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 18, 2020 8:05 am

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:

Nice! :lol:

Saint of Killers wrote:They're so unimaginative I get the feeling they're being satirical. ...Yup. I changed my mind. I'm going to buy eleven of each.

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:Yeah its a rare occurrence and cannot be reproduced so these are highly sought after. I have seen single leaves with a node going for £50 on eBay (although they have a lot of fenestrations the expensive ones). I hope its a fast grower so I'll be able to make my money back in the future. I also find this "defective" plant very nice looking with the variegation :wub: Overall a solid investment!


I think I'll be getting a friend one of those when we finally meet up again after lockdown. (She's really into her plants and flowers.) Thanks for the inadvertent inspiration!

Awesome you're welcome! What a lovely gift I am sure she will be so happy as this is highly sought after amongst plant enthusiasts. I got mine from a plant shop in Brighton that I found online https://gunnsfloriststore.com. But every time they get a new drop of these, about 6, they sell out within minutes.
However Im sure you will find them elsewhere online too :)
So are you into your plants as well?


Thank you for the link!

I'm interested in them as two friends are in to them/gardening, and so I often end up buying them a lot of flower/plant related gifts, and so I've kind of got casually interested that way. The last two gifts have been orchids (last one was a pink Cymbidium which even blew me away when I saw it) but I like the idea of buying someone a plant which will appreciate in value.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Moggy » Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 am



Saw this earlier and immediately thought of N1FFF's plant.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Drumstick » Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 am

Looks like a N1FFF name change is on the cards, to No:1 House Plant Fan.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Chocolate-Milk » Mon May 18, 2020 12:28 pm

No:1 Ficus & Fern Fan, to keep brand recognition in the abbreviation, maybe?

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 18, 2020 12:49 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Thank you for the link!

I'm interested in them as two friends are in to them/gardening, and so I often end up buying them a lot of flower/plant related gifts, and so I've kind of got casually interested that way. The last two gifts have been orchids (last one was a pink Cymbidium which even blew me away when I saw it) but I like the idea of buying someone a plant which will appreciate in value.

You're welcome! Looks like they are having another drop tomorrow at 6pm! Since they only get a few variegated monsteras they post the actual photo of them online. I tried to get the healthiest looking plant with the most fenestrations and variegation.
That is a very nice looking orchid, not like the standard ones I've seen in supermarkets.

Moggy wrote:

Saw this earlier and immediately thought of N1FFF's plant.

Love this haha, just sent it to my other plant friends millennials.

Drumstick wrote:Looks like a N1FFF name change is on the cards, to No:1 House Plant Fan.

Chocolate-Milk wrote:No:1 Ficus & Fern Fan, to keep brand recognition in the abbreviation, maybe?

Nice idea but nah I still want to be known as Final Fantasy Fan 8-)

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Drumstick » Mon May 18, 2020 1:22 pm

What about No:1 Overturned Raft Fan?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Drumstick wrote:What about No:1 Overturned Raft Fan?

Come on that was ages ago now :fp: lol

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Victor Mildew » Mon May 18, 2020 1:26 pm

The BMW bastard

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Drumstick » Mon May 18, 2020 1:43 pm

No:1 Floorboard Fan wrote:Come on that was ages ago now :fp: lol

True. If only there was something more recent, more catcy... If only.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Tomous » Mon May 18, 2020 2:08 pm

No1 Detached Houses Fan

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Missed out on getting a pair of slippers I had on my wishlist for ages because the strawberry floating website wouldn't let me log in from mobile and by the time I got home to my computer they were sold out :x

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 pm

Mafro wrote:Missed out on getting a pair of slippers I had on my wishlist for ages because the strawberry floating website wouldn't let me log in from mobile and by the time I got home to my computer they were sold out :x

What slippers were they? Sounds special for them to sell out.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 18, 2020 3:45 pm

No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Thank you for the link!

I'm interested in them as two friends are in to them/gardening, and so I often end up buying them a lot of flower/plant related gifts, and so I've kind of got casually interested that way. The last two gifts have been orchids (last one was a pink Cymbidium which even blew me away when I saw it) but I like the idea of buying someone a plant which will appreciate in value.

You're welcome! Looks like they are having another drop tomorrow at 6pm! Since they only get a few variegated monsteras they post the actual photo of them online. I tried to get the healthiest looking plant with the most fenestrations and variegation.
That is a very nice looking orchid, not like the standard ones I've seen in supermarkets.


That's really helpful of them to post an actual pic of what you're buying. Cuts out the mystery.

Yeah, I was blown away when I was sent a pic of it by the florist, as up to then I'd only bought the ones in supermarkets. (Which I still like as they're quite minimalist/understated while being a really good price.) The Cymbidium was almost three times the price as those, but worth it...

Image


The great thing about the supermarket ones are that they often have multiple buds, allowing you to keep the plant going for years, if you know what you're doing. Not sure about the pink one on that front.

Last edited by Saint of Killers on Mon May 18, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 18, 2020 3:54 pm

Got my yellow Gunpla tee. I wish paid closer attention to it when buying as it's more mustard yellow than a sunny yellow. O well.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Mafro » Mon May 18, 2020 4:11 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Got my yellow Gunpla tee. I wish paid closer attention to it when buying as it's more mustard yellow than a sunny yellow. O well.

Mine arrived today too but I'm glad it's darker.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Fair enough! Maybe it'll lighten as it gets washed...

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Vermilion » Mon May 18, 2020 6:54 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Image


Image

User avatar
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan » Mon May 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
No:1 Final Fantasy Fan wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Thank you for the link!

I'm interested in them as two friends are in to them/gardening, and so I often end up buying them a lot of flower/plant related gifts, and so I've kind of got casually interested that way. The last two gifts have been orchids (last one was a pink Cymbidium which even blew me away when I saw it) but I like the idea of buying someone a plant which will appreciate in value.

You're welcome! Looks like they are having another drop tomorrow at 6pm! Since they only get a few variegated monsteras they post the actual photo of them online. I tried to get the healthiest looking plant with the most fenestrations and variegation.
That is a very nice looking orchid, not like the standard ones I've seen in supermarkets.


That's really helpful of them to post an actual pic of what you're buying. Cuts out the mystery.

Yeah, I was blown away when I was sent a pic of it by the florist, as up to then I'd only bought the ones in supermarkets. (Which I still like as they're quite minimalist/understated while being a really good price.) The Cymbidium was almost three times the price as those, but worth it...

Image


The great thing about the supermarket ones are that they often have multiple buds, allowing you to keep the plant going for years, if you know what you're doing. Not sure about the pink one on that front.

Nice I might get one for my mum as she likes orchids :) On the other hand none of my plants have flowers apart from the cacti that might flower once in a blue moon.

Last edited by No:1 Final Fantasy Fan on Mon May 18, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pick Up Post - Share Your Latest Purchases
by Saint of Killers » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Image


Image


:irl lol:

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, aayl1, andretmzt, Cuttooth, El Contador, floydfreak, Google [Bot], Green Gecko, JediDragon05, massimo, Neph, OldSoulCyborg, Snowcannon, Squinty, Wrathy and 120 guests