Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:19 am

Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Moggy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:46 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.


I think we can all agree Doctor Who is better than any Star Trek.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.


I think we can all agree Doctor Who is better than any Star Trek.


To a 5 year old, maybe.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Moggy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.


I think we can all agree Doctor Who is better than any Star Trek.


To a 5 year old, maybe.


Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Squinty » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:13 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.


The Doctor is fantastic. I feel sorry for him.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Lagamorph » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:02 am

Image

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by The Watching Artist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:04 pm

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Karl_ wrote::lol: I get 100% what you meant, Ironhide, but I have to nerd out here.

Looks aside, Kes was actually Voyager's Troi. But worse(!), because while Troi is one-dimensional initially she eventually grows into a likeable member of the cast, whereas Kes stays undercooked right until her last arc (in which she gets a little development to be fair). It's the same reason Janeway isn't going to top anyone's best captain list: she was written in many ways as a lightweight echo of Picard who took far too long to find her own distinct take on what it means to be captain. People stan Kirk, Picard, and Sisko because they're strong, unique characters. (I think she has a more distinctive voice in the latter seasons, but by then you're already annoyed with the show, y'know?)

The reason Seven was so much better is that she wasn't really comparable to anything Trek had done before. I mean, sure, maybe you can argue she's a mish-mash of Data and Ensign Ro, but that's the point: they're opposites, and in any case Seven's development is informed by her unique situation and background, and that made for some really interesting internal conflict and ultimately the most satisfying development a character gets in the show (probably joint first with the Doctor).


I think we can all agree that the Doctor is the best character in Voyager, though.


I think we can all agree Doctor Who is better than any Star Trek.


To a 5 year old, maybe.


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by floydfreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:13 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Image



:slol: :slol: :slol: :slol: :fp:

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Hexx » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Karl_ wrote:Neelix x Kes was probably the worst recurring part of Voyager. Just awful.

And for a show that featured Tom Paris that's saying something!


Wut...

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Vermilion » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:56 pm

Lagamorph wrote:Image


:slol:

Brilliant!

User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Ironhide » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:25 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Image


:slol:

Brilliant!


:lol:

Image
User avatar
floydfreak
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by floydfreak » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:09 pm

loretta fudge and the fudge packers

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Alvin Flummux » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 am

Image

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Vermilion » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Slut

Image

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Vermilion » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:37 am

Not sure if real, but still...

Image

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Saint of Killers » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:25 am


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Ad7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 am

Maybe he thought it was a drive through.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Skarjo » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:14 am

Mr Moldt called his girlfriend at about 21:30, telling her he would be home soon.

On the night of his disappearance, Mr Moldt left the club at about 23:00


Lad.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Ad7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:23 am

Skarjo :x

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings

PostRe: Pictures & GIFs Thread - Insert Picture Here - No not you Laga
by Errkal » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:57 am

Sounds like most of my nights out,

11pm, I'll be home soon
4am, ooooops, soz got chatting bumped into an old friend found rum.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dowbocop, Gemini73, Joer, more heat than light, Oblomov Boblomov, PuppetBoy, Ramony, Snowcannon, Tafdolphin, Tineash and 52 guests