PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Cumberdanes
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Cumberdanes » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:56 pm

£104 worth of games my arse! I dunno about that extra VR game but Bioshock Collection and Sims 4 are maybe about £30 each tops.

I've always supported PS+ but it's becoming increasingly less value for money especially when compared to Game Pass. If I didn't have to keep subscribing to play online I'd cancel it.

Image

Image
Damian
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Damian » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:05 pm

Cumberdanes wrote:£104 worth of games my arse! I dunno about that extra VR game but Bioshock Collection and Sims 4 are maybe about £30 each tops.

I've always supported PS+ but it's becoming increasingly less value for money especially when compared to Game Pass. If I didn't have to keep subscribing to play online I'd cancel it.

The actual value means nowt to me, it's just "are the games good"? With the Uncharted Trio this month and Bioshock next month, I've been more than happy. And I've downloaded but not played Titanfall 2 yet and while that was worth about a fiver now, apparently that's great too.

User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:26 pm

You should definitely get on Titanfall 2. The campaign is short, but it's brilliantly done. I haven't enjoyed an FPS that much since Spec Ops: The Line.

*Disclaimer: I don't generally like FPSs

Image
rolycoly
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by BOR » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:56 pm

Hexx wrote:

Never had a chance to play the Bioshock series. So I'll definitely download it. :)

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Vermilion » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:52 pm

Downloaded Goat Simulator from PSPlus today, looks like it might be a laugh.

No point getting Uncharted as i don't have enough room on the hard drive anyways.

I haven't let my membership lapse though as i need it to play Modern Warfare.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Moggy » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:38 pm

Vermilion wrote:Downloaded Goat Simulator from PSPlus today, looks like it might be a laugh.

No point getting Uncharted as i don't have enough room on the hard drive anyways.

I haven't let my membership lapse though as i need it to download Modern Warfare updates.


FTFY

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Vermilion » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 pm

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Downloaded Goat Simulator from PSPlus today, looks like it might be a laugh.

No point getting Uncharted as i don't have enough room on the hard drive anyways.

I haven't let my membership lapse though as i need it to download Modern Warfare updates.


FTFY


Cheers.

Goat Simulator meanwhile is hilariously crap, couldn't find the castle though so that my goat could become queen.

EDIT: Just looked that up so will go and do that later.

User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by HaruKazuhira » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:34 pm

Dark Souls 3 Deluxe Edition is only £13 right now on PSN which seems like a steal. I know everyone's probably played it except me at this point but after Sekiro I had an itch to finally try it out.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Preezy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:10 am

HaruKazuhira wrote:Dark Souls 3 Deluxe Edition is only £13 right now on PSN which seems like a steal. I know everyone's probably played it except me at this point but after Sekiro I had an itch to finally try it out.

I'm yet to play a Dark Souls game, I just get the feeling I'd be crap at them and give up through frustration.

User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawa4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:12 pm

Preezy wrote:I'm yet to play a Dark Souls game, I just get the feeling I'd be crap at them and give up through frustration.

Prezzy, you gotta believe! If I can get a fair way into the game, anyone can. You have to adjust your thinking and approach, though. Patience is key and you have to accept that dying is learning. The feeling of achievement I gained - even when defeating various goons, let alone the bosses - was terrific and I'd definitely place the game in my personal list of favourites.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:15 pm

jawa4 wrote:
Preezy wrote:I'm yet to play a Dark Souls game, I just get the feeling I'd be crap at them and give up through frustration.

Prezzy, you gotta believe! If I can get a fair way into the game, anyone can. You have to adjust your thinking and approach, though. Patience is key and you have to accept that dying is learning. The feeling of achievement I gained - even when defeating various goons, let alone the bosses - was terrific and I'd definitely place the game in my personal list of favourites.

Agreed.

I spent years writing off Dark Souls as something that was "not for me" and assuming it was nothing like as good as people were making out. I was wrong on both accounts and absolutely loved the experience of playing both Dark Souls Remastered and Bloodborne last year!

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Preezy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:22 pm

Well if the Arbiters of Quality™ Jawa and Jenuall are telling me to try, who am I to argue! :lol: ;)

£13 is actually quite a good price point, I may take a look tonight and see what jumps out of my wallet.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:25 pm

:lol:

For me I would say that Souls 1 was a better game than 3 (not played 2 yet) - but the third game was still a lot of fun.

Image
User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawa4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:33 pm

...yeah, I'd recommend trying out Dark Souls Remastered before tackling the second or third entries. You've just missed the last price drop but it goes on sale pretty regularly.

Jen and I are DSDF now :datass: .

Dark Souls Defence Force

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by OrangeRKN » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:05 pm

I only played 2 and it wasn't very good. I liked Demon's Souls better back when that came out but still never persevered too far with it. I think my main complaint might be that the bows suck :lol:

User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawa4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:15 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:...I think my main complaint might be that the bows suck :lol:

I have barely used a bow in the first Souls. I was intrigued to see Cumberdanes' recent Souls stream as he uses it a lot; there do seem to be big benefits in doing so i.e. causing damage from afar.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Preezy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:16 pm

Did jawa just explain the main benefit of using a bow? :P

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:17 pm

You can cheese your way through all sorts in Souls if you know what you're doing with a bow. I barely used one in my first play through but messed around with them quite a bit since.

Preezy wrote:Did jawa just explain the main benefit of using a bow? :P

I mean they have only been around for about 60,000 years, it takes time for the pros and cons of these new-fangled tools to be fully communicated! ;)

Last edited by Jenuall on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
jawa4
Member
Joined in 2020

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawa4 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:18 pm

Preezy wrote:Did jawa just explain the main benefit of using a bow? :P

That could possibly be my first-ever Pro gaming tip. Secret stuff that most gamers really won't know about :datass: .

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by OrangeRKN » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:23 pm

jawa :lol:

Jenuall wrote:You can cheese your way through all sorts in Souls if you know what you're doing with a bow.


And it is the least fun you could imagine having


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cumberdanes, Duke Washington, Frank, Godzilla, Google [Bot], Jezo, kerr9000, Mafro, Met, SerialCeler and 60 guests