PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Monkey Man » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:23 am


Image
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Venom » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:45 am

Monkey Man wrote:


Oh wow. Big news. He seems an upbeat and friendly guy. I thought it strange that he was made Worldwide Studios boss, Shuhei Yoshida’s old title, and not boss of PlayStation/SIE USA. I wonder where he will turn up next.

That tweet ‘it’s with great emotion’ I’m just glad no one is dead.

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Seven » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Does anyone know when new deals go up on PlayStation Network store?

I have £15 sitting in wallet for ages and I figured I'd just spend it (I cancelled ps+ but they added £50 back into my PSN wallet instead of my bank... Bought Tetris effect with it and haven't spent test yet).


Unless there's something that's current I should look into.

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawafour » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:14 pm

Seven wrote:Does anyone know when new deals go up on PlayStation Network store?...

The Store offers usually commence on a Wednesday, Seven.

The current offers last until tomorrow so I'd expect to see some more start tomorrow, too; details are normally posted on the PlayStation Blog EU at around 01:30am and the offers then appear on the console during that day.

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Seven » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:35 pm

jawafour wrote:.


Thanks, you're star :wub: will keep eye out!

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawafour » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:01 pm

Seven wrote:Thanks, you're star :wub: will keep eye out!

Unusually, Seven, I've just noticed that the sale has been announced already! The "Games of a Generation" sale starts tomorrow. Actual discounts won't show up until during the day.

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Seven » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:11 pm

jawafour wrote:
Seven wrote:Thanks, you're star :wub: will keep eye out!

Unusually, Seven, I've just noticed that the sale has been announced already! The "Games of a Generation" sale starts tomorrow. Actual discounts won't show up until during the day.


Thanks! Weird thing is good amount of these deals are already what's going on with current deals... Still, I'll take a look to see how much they are.

At worst I can add few bucks and grab Spyro I guess!

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Wedgie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:07 am

Man of Medan is the deal of the week tomorrow.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by jawafour » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:52 am

Seven wrote:...At worst I can add few bucks and grab Spyro I guess!

The sales prices are now available; 263 games have been reduced. Check out the full list here. Persona 5 Ultimate Edition is attractive at £19.99.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:23 am

That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!

Image
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Seven » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:50 am

There's nothing I really want this time. Wow I'm *picky* nowadays.

Though I'll be grabbing Spyro trilogy, may as well.

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Preezy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:46 pm

Battlefield 1 for £3.99? I doubt I'd ever play the online but I'll be snapping that up just to have some WW1 single player fun.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Wedgie » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Jenuall wrote:That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!


£12.99 for the Jak collection.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:11 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jenuall wrote:That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!


£12.99 for the Jak collection.

Get in! :toot:

Image
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by gaminglegend » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:04 am

I’ve just been playing PES (or Esports PES as it says..) for the first time in years. I’ll probably pick up FIFA as well just for the branding & kits alone.

But is PES always this slow to load or will it have a patch to fix? Realise we are spoiled these days but it was generally frustrating with the hangs & load speeds on some menu settings

Image
User avatar
gamerforever
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by gamerforever » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:20 am

gaminglegend wrote:I’ve just been playing PES (or Esports PES as it says..) for the first time in years. I’ll probably pick up FIFA as well just for the branding & kits alone.

But is PES always this slow to load or will it have a patch to fix? Realise we are spoiled these days but it was generally frustrating with the hangs & load speeds on some menu settings


PES Universe does a full high resolution kits patch. I suggest you give this a go before thinking about Fifa.

It does take a while to load, but is much better than previous years efforts. There was a patch released yesterday and will be another one before the end of the month to fix the issues and make it more like the demo, which was much better.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by ITSMILNER » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Jenuall wrote:That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!


£12.99 for the Jak collection.


Is this the PS3 HD remaster collection for PS4?

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Wedgie » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:15 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Jenuall wrote:That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!


£12.99 for the Jak collection.


Is this the PS3 HD remaster collection for PS4?


Think it’s the PS2 versions. Not sure.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by Jenuall » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Wedgie wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Jenuall wrote:That's a big list of discounts. :shock:

Although the games I want never seem to get a discount which is annoying! Give me cheap Jak Collection Sony, you know you want to!


£12.99 for the Jak collection.


Is this the PS3 HD remaster collection for PS4?


Think it's the PS2 versions. Not sure.

Yeah its the PS2 versions - there is some kind of upscaling going on but other than that it's the original game.

I may be misremembering but there are a few more frame drops than I remember from the originals as well, but it's nothing too troubling.

Image
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: PlayStation 4 Chat III: You've Never Seen Chat Like It
by gaminglegend » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:57 pm

gamerforever wrote:
gaminglegend wrote:I’ve just been playing PES (or Esports PES as it says..) for the first time in years. I’ll probably pick up FIFA as well just for the branding & kits alone.

But is PES always this slow to load or will it have a patch to fix? Realise we are spoiled these days but it was generally frustrating with the hangs & load speeds on some menu settings


PES Universe does a full high resolution kits patch. I suggest you give this a go before thinking about Fifa.

It does take a while to load, but is much better than previous years efforts. There was a patch released yesterday and will be another one before the end of the month to fix the issues and make it more like the demo, which was much better.

Might have to give that a whirl then. Thanks man

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Gideon, Jezo, Mafro, OldSoulCyborg, Parksey, Raydon4, Rich, Somebody Else's Problem and 117 guests