Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostWork Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Kezzer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:19 am

Is this thread asking for help or just passive aggressive?

Please advise.

Last edited by Kezzer on Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Please advise
by Errkal » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:47 am

Sort of both?

I tend to read it in a "I don't know the answer to this so I would like you to give me the answer and once you have if it goes wrong I can say 'well they told me...'"

User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Please advise
by Kezzer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Hi Errkal,

Thank you for your input

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Please advise
by Knoyleo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi Kezzer,

I just tried to call you and left a voicemail, even though I can see you're available on Teams. Can you please take a look at the email I've just sent asking for some clarification on this request and call me back?

Thanks

User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Please advise
by Kezzer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Knoyleo,

Looks like we keep missing each other.

As per my last email, there are step by step instructions - where are you finding the difficulty?

Please advise.

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Please advise
by Cuttooth » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Hi all,

I don't want to play the 'ownership' card but can we please refer to the agreed process for this? This is time that can be better spent on more dynamic solution design?

Regards

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Please advise
by Dual » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:27 pm

All

Before this goes up the chain can I ask you, again, to review the attached?

Your thoughts please

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Please advise
by Balladeer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Dear all,

Thank you for your feedback, I think it’s going to be really useful! However, one thing puzzles me. [75 lines of issue breakdown implying that it is anybody’s fault but mine.] Have I missed something?

Kind regards,
Balladeer

CC my manager, your manager, the CEO, and somebody who has the same first three letters in their surname as the Head of Accounting but left the company two years ago

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Please advise
by Cuttooth » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Dual wrote:All

Before this goes up the chain can I ask you, again, to review the attached?

Your thoughts please

Thank you for your email, I am currently out of the office without access to email until 10th October 2020.

Please contact Person Whose Out Of Office Redirects To Me for anything urgent.

Please note your email has not been forwarded.

Regards

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Please advise
by Moggy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Let me revert to you at the earliest.

Image
User avatar
Kezzer
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Please advise
by Kezzer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:12 pm

>Reply all

Hi everyone,

Can we please stop replying to all?!

Thanks.

Image
Image
Image

Check out the Digital Combat Simulator thread for some hardcore aerial combat! | Mumble | PCGT V | The Photography Thread
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Please advise
by Memento Mori » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Kezzer wrote:>Reply all

Hi everyone,

Can we please stop replying to all?!

Thanks.

When I was at Lloyds bank, on two separate occasions someone managed to email every single person in the company some customer's complaint. For the next hour or so people would keep replying all to the rapidly growing chain "please stop replying all".

User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Please advise
by Green Gecko » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Memento Mori wrote:
Kezzer wrote:>Reply all

Hi everyone,

Can we please stop replying to all?!

Thanks.

When I was at Lloyds bank, on two separate occasions someone managed to email every single person in the company some customer's complaint. For the next hour or so people would keep replying all to the rapidly growing chain "please stop replying all".

Hi,

I think this is valid input, but perhaps let's create a new email subject to give this the attention it deserves.

In the meantime, let's focus on the most pressing matter here, which is outlined previously in the discussion.

Best regards

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Tsunade » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Hi,

I'm still getting these emails. I'm out of the office at the moment. All of these emails could be settled in a meeting, as per my last email.

Please advise my regards.

Image
Image
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Please advise
by Dual » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Cuttooth wrote:
Dual wrote:All

Before this goes up the chain can I ask you, again, to review the attached?

Your thoughts please

Thank you for your email, I am currently out of the office without access to email until 10th October 2020.

Please contact Person Whose Out Of Office Redirects To Me for anything urgent.

Please note your email has not been forwarded.

Regards


FYI in Cuttooths absence.......

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Please advise
by Qikz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Dual wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:
Dual wrote:All

Before this goes up the chain can I ask you, again, to review the attached?

Your thoughts please

Thank you for your email, I am currently out of the office without access to email until 10th October 2020.

Please contact Person Whose Out Of Office Redirects To Me for anything urgent.

Please note your email has not been forwarded.

Regards


FYI in Cuttooths absence.......


I'm not sure why you sent this to me, did you get the wrong email? I don't even know who this is.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Green Gecko » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:18 pm

Working for a company where you don't know who 95% of people are, is very "Industrial Age". Consequently, I will be handing in my notice shortly. Regards

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Cuttooth » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Green Gecko wrote:Working for a company where you don't know who 95% of people are, is very "Industrial Age". Consequently, I will be handing in my notice shortly. Regards

Hi Gecko,

Very sorry to hear this, you will be missed.

Before you go please can you send a final email to the team with a rude and/or disparaging message hidden in the first letter of each sentence?

Thanks

User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Green Gecko » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi,

I have attached my personal manifesto / summary of grievance, however it it is over 2MB in size thus exceeding the maximum allowable file attachment, so please find below WeTransfer link. File type is PDF, please install adobe reader. You might need IT administrative priveleges if it is not already on your system, in which case please email somebody else, as I will be out of office permanently as of tomorrow and no longer deal with IT problems.

You will also need the password because it contains sensitive personal information, that is subject to strict data protection standards recently brought into effect by the GDPR compliance audit the ICO administered after it was found somebody left a list of customers for one of our more niche "sensitive"products on an unprotected USB stick in smiths at Waterloo station.

Kindest regards

PS remember to dismiss the individual who left the USB stick, I have heard they may still be beeping in from time to time to "check in" on the secretary and use the coffee machine.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Work Simulation Thread [Please advise]
by Balladeer » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:29 pm

I’m not sure why I’m being included in this!? GG was so weird anyway, nobody’ll miss him.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bunni, Errkal, Godzilla and 94 guests