Pokemon Direct | 09/01/20 @ 2.30pm

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostPokemon Direct | 09/01/20 @ 2.30pm
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:13 pm

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ITSMILNER on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:22 pm

Can't wait to see what cool new content I won't experience because I already finished the game

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:23 pm

I could be convinced to buy a Yellow version of the Sword and Shield, so long as it feels finished.

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by PatSharpsMullet » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:25 pm

I'm guessing it will be Pokemon Home related as that is supposed to be released early this year.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:28 pm

Snowballadeer wrote:I could be convinced to buy a Yellow version of the Sword and Shield, so long as it feels finished.


What could it be called? Pokemon Spear?

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm

Pokemon Gun

Too early to announce that though! Home makes sense

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:29 pm

That’s better and more alliterative than my idea of Pokémon Bow; but less distinctively British. Agincourt etc. etc.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Robbo-92 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Pokémon Home has to be there, maybe some dlc for Sword and Shield? Switch version of Detective Pikachu? There’s a lot they could include in a 20 minute direct.

Image

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:40 pm

20 minutes of Pokémon Channel 2 gameplay.

User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by PatSharpsMullet » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Rob-ho ho-92 wrote:Pokémon Home has to be there, maybe some dlc for Sword and Shield? Switch version of Detective Pikachu? There’s a lot they could include in a 20 minute direct.

It's Nintendo so they will spend the entire 20 minutes talking in depth about what each option in Home does.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Robbo-92 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:30 pm

RuudGullitSittingOnAShed wrote:
Rob-ho ho-92 wrote:Pokémon Home has to be there, maybe some dlc for Sword and Shield? Switch version of Detective Pikachu? There’s a lot they could include in a 20 minute direct.

It's Nintendo so they will spend the entire 20 minutes talking in depth about what each option in Home does.


Sounds about right :lol:

Image

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Clarkman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:34 pm

Anticipate it will end with a Gen 8 Smash character, and a load of Spirits. Cinderace the likely candidate.

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Jezo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Frosty the Clarkman wrote:Anticipate it will end with a Gen 8 Smash character, and a load of Spirits. Cinderace the likely candidate.

>Challenger Pack 1 have all been 3rd party characters
>The final, most anticipated character, will be a Pokémon.
Can you imagine?

User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Clarkman » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Jezo ho ho wrote:
Frosty the Clarkman wrote:Anticipate it will end with a Gen 8 Smash character, and a load of Spirits. Cinderace the likely candidate.

>Challenger Pack 1 have all been 3rd party characters
>The final, most anticipated character, will be a Pokémon.
Can you imagine?


Yes? Nintendo doesn't give a crap about fan hype. They have until the end of Feb to release the final character for pack 1. Makes sense they'd announce it now.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Godzilla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:28 pm

Hopefully it's magikarp wearing a Waluigi cap

Wish my image sig would work
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by shy guy 64 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:33 pm

curious to see what they have, though my money would be on mostly home, maybe sleep

Image
User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by HaruKazuhira » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:43 pm

I just want to see a new Pokemon Pinball game already.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Tomous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:51 pm

Frosty the Clarkman wrote:
Jezo ho ho wrote:
Frosty the Clarkman wrote:Anticipate it will end with a Gen 8 Smash character, and a load of Spirits. Cinderace the likely candidate.

>Challenger Pack 1 have all been 3rd party characters
>The final, most anticipated character, will be a Pokémon.
Can you imagine?


Yes? Nintendo doesn't give a crap about fan hype. They have until the end of Feb to release the final character for pack 1. Makes sense they'd announce it now.


It’s going to be a third party character. They’ve already said they’re doing more fighters post Fighter pack, I can see them going back to Nintendo characters after that.

They’re almost definitely going to have a Direct this month or next so I suspect they’ll announce it then.

Image
User avatar
HaruKazuhira
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by HaruKazuhira » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:23 pm

I could totally see a Gen 8 mon being an extra DLC fighter similar to Piranha Plant.

Image
"I am the reason, the answer and the problem"
twitter
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokemon Direct | 09.01.20 @ 2.30pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:36 pm

Ooh I do hope so. Raises the question: which Gen. 8 Pokémon would it most likely be, and which would be most fun? Somebody mentioned Cinderace, which is a decent mascot pick: alternative, Morpeko, and changing between the moods? Sirfetch'd, because there aren't enough swordsmen yet?

I'm hoping for Mr. Rime. :mrgreen:


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FatDaz, Kanbei, Nintendonerd69, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRKN, Photek, Somebody Else's Problem, Yubel and 48 guests