Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)

Anything to do with games at all.

What starter will you pick?

Grookey
19
31%
Scorbunny
21
34%
Sobble
22
35%
 
Total votes: 62
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Robbo-92 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:28 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Rob-ho ho-92 wrote:
KjGarly wrote:
Rob-ho ho-92 wrote:When does the event run till? Guess it’s done and dusted by now :( battled 5 altogether but no shiny ones :(


I have a spare I can send your way :shifty:


Very tempted! Doubt I have anything worth trading for a shiny Magikarp though :lol:


Just send me anything 8-)

Also have a spare Pikachu, Evee, Charmander and the starter Pokemon.


What version have you got? If Sword, any shield exclusive Pokémon you need?

Image

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Fade » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 am

Jezo ho ho wrote:
Snowballadeer wrote:Heavy-Duty Boots tho.

Neat, didn't know that was a thing. Bit gooseberry fool to waste a hold item on just being able to switch in tho lol

Combine them with Scorbunny's court change move and you can flip the hazards to the opponents side and steal any reflect/light screens they have. Such a ridiculous move :lol:

Anyone else feeling this?

Image

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Fade » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:51 am

Jezo ho ho wrote:
Snowballadeer wrote:Gyarados was apparently hilariously broken in competitive singles back when Dynamax was allowed.

There are counter plays, but yes, Smogon has banned Dynamax. Short-sighted and hasty move imo.

Only in 3 Vs 3 singles though.

And I completely understand it. Dynamax gives you 3 turns so you could potentially brute force OHKO all 3 Pokémon if you made the right pick.

I think it's good, gives 3 Vs 3 a different flavour to doubles battles. I kinda wish they'd implement it online as online singles is a bit too sweep heavy.

Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Jezo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:20 am

Fade wrote:
Jezo ho ho wrote:
Snowballadeer wrote:Gyarados was apparently hilariously broken in competitive singles back when Dynamax was allowed.

There are counter plays, but yes, Smogon has banned Dynamax. Short-sighted and hasty move imo.

Only in 3 Vs 3 singles though.

And I completely understand it. Dynamax gives you 3 turns so you could potentially brute force OHKO all 3 Pokémon if you made the right pick.

I think it's good, gives 3 Vs 3 a different flavour to doubles battles. I kinda wish they'd implement it online as online singles is a bit too sweep heavy.

That I'd understand. But just went into OU 6v6 and can't dynamax.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Fade » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:27 pm

Jezo ho ho wrote:
Fade wrote:
Jezo ho ho wrote:
Snowballadeer wrote:Gyarados was apparently hilariously broken in competitive singles back when Dynamax was allowed.

There are counter plays, but yes, Smogon has banned Dynamax. Short-sighted and hasty move imo.

Only in 3 Vs 3 singles though.

And I completely understand it. Dynamax gives you 3 turns so you could potentially brute force OHKO all 3 Pokémon if you made the right pick.

I think it's good, gives 3 Vs 3 a different flavour to doubles battles. I kinda wish they'd implement it online as online singles is a bit too sweep heavy.

That I'd understand. But just went into OU 6v6 and can't dynamax.

Is that on Showdown?

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Balladeer » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:44 pm

Yep. Smogon seems to be the dominant single-player online force, so their word carries a lot of weight.

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Jezo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Snowballadeer wrote:Yep. Smogon seems to be the dominant single-player online force, so their word carries a lot of weight.

They could have at least added an OU OG tier for those who want to play the actual strawberry floating game.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Fade » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm

Snowballadeer wrote:Yep. Smogon seems to be the dominant single-player online force, so their word carries a lot of weight.

I don't really understand all their teirs.

I just play on cart Sonu can use what I want

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Zilnad » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Won the championship today. What the strawberry float is up with Sordward's and Sheilbert's hair styles?! :lol:

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by KjGarly » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Can't be any worse than Bede. Thought it was some annoying female but turned out it's a Male. Arrogant little strawberry floater especially after wiping the floor with him every time he's challenged me without even taking a hit.

Image
Image Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by shy guy 64 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:29 pm

Zilnad wrote:Won the championship today. What the strawberry float is up with Sordward's and Sheilbert's hair styles?! :lol:


i think there may have been some narcotics involved

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Pedz » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:26 pm

Zilnad wrote:Won the championship today. What the strawberry float is up with Sordward's and Sheilbert's hair styles?! :lol:


Their hair is shaped like a sword and shield. Goes with names I guess.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Monkey Man » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:04 pm


Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by OrangeRKN » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:30 pm

Zilnad wrote:Won the championship today. What the strawberry float is up with Sordward's and Sheilbert's hair styles?! :lol:


You mean Jedward

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Jezo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Monkey Man wrote:

What could this possibly be about? Sword and Shield just came out.

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Zilnad » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:10 pm

OrangeXMS wrote:
Zilnad wrote:Won the championship today. What the strawberry float is up with Sordward's and Sheilbert's hair styles?! :lol:


You mean Jedward


Oh God, you're right! :o

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by DarkRula » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Jezo ho ho wrote:
Monkey Man wrote:

What could this possibly be about? Sword and Shield just came out.


Home. Possibly Detective Pikachu 2. Very random dream prediction - Nintendo announce a complete restructure of the franchise, turning the main series into an MMO that is released on the PC. What was once the main series of games is now just a side series.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:31 am

Slightly disappointed that the patch didn’t do a thing to help doing 5 star raid battles using the ai, tired again to get actual players but again none turned up so was left with woeful ai/Pokémon against a 5 star Lapras that happily puts up 2, 5 attack shields :(

Image

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by DarkRula » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:11 pm

Had the same thing with a G-Max Snorlax. Took ten attempts and managed to luck out. I've found that Dynamaxing at the start in such solo sessions rarely works out. If you survive beyond the first shield then Dynamax when your turn comes around again, it helps to give you an advantage.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (15th November) (Fanbase used Outrage!)
by Pedz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:38 am

Sometimes raids are a bit slow. Tbh, I've done most with people from here and Twitch. I hope you are remembering to connect to the internet ,)

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, darksideby182, Garth, OrangeRKN, Somebody Else's Problem, Zaichik and 53 guests