Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)

Anything to do with games at all.

What starter will you pick?

Grookey
24
35%
Scorbunny
23
33%
Sobble
22
32%
 
Total votes: 69
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:ive been wanting to do a second play through with an alternate team for a wee bit


I’ve already played through Sword with a different team, maybe replaying Shield I’ll just go for a solo run to speed things up, not sure which Pokémon I’d opt for though but at least I could transfer one in so maybe a Dreepy line run, Dragapult is such an op Pokémon :lol:

Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:But would I need to link it to my Nintendo account to access the dlc? If not I can just trade them to another Switch and then back to my main save so I can get them in the dex and home.

You can just create a second user and you can play the DLC, no need to worry about your Nintendo account.

Better yet, the Pokémon Home app allows you to transfer Pokémon between profiles on the same switch. Just log onto it on your main profile and it will let you select the save data from any profile on the console :)

I'm slowly playing through again so I can get the other horse and urshifu

The DLC scales to your level up until about level 70 for some reason. You can only start it once you unlock the ability to fast travel.


That’s great! Thanks for the in depth answer :)

Even better that you can transfer between the game and home regardless of profile! Not bothered about the other version of Urshifu (well certainly not enough to play it partway another twice :lol:) but I think it’d be easier to try and get the other horse and Regi this way rather than trying to trade. Still need to go through the crown tundra first before restarting it, will probably head there ASAP though although getting another Zamazenta and Eternatus would be advantageous for trading for other legendary Pokémon I’ll be missing.

I chose Regidrago and managed to get a Regieleki by trading a spare shiny Chandelure I had, although I had to leave it up for trade for about a week.

But yeah your best bet is probably trading Eternitus or The dog for it.

Btw I'm sure noone on the forum is interested, but I'm super into the battling in this game so if anybody fancies a match let me know :D


Well most of the legendary Pokémon can be found in one game anyway can’t they? Got a few spare Ultra Beasts I can hopefully trade as they’re still version exclusive I believe. So quickly running through the game again I can at least have as close to a living dex as possible!

Pretty sure none of the ultra beasts are version exclusives.

The last quest you get is to catch them all so it's be pretty shitty if they were :lol:

I wish they'd make some more ultra beasts, I think it's cool how they have such strange stats and such alien designs.

Oh god, imagine if they made an ultra beasts game where all the Pokémon were designed like ultra beasts, that's be cool.


Sound, I had it in my head some of the Ultra Beasts were exclusive as well! Good to know they're not :)

Just released the trio of birds anyway, think I'll go and get the Regi's first though, then try and fill out the dex as much as possible before looking for the birds. Just ran into a Cobalion as well, wasn't even aware they were in the games! When do the Tapu from Sun and Moon become available?


the tapus are in the dynamax adventures. also you can get the versions exclusives in the adventures if you play with other players


I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by shy guy 64 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:


do be careful with the trades, people ofetn ask for really hard or impossible things

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:16 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:


do be careful with the trades, people ofetn ask for really hard or impossible things


Re trades I’ll just be putting stuff up and leaving them till they go, can’t be bothered chasing stuff constantly! :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by shy guy 64 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:51 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:


do be careful with the trades, people ofetn ask for really hard or impossible things


Re trades I’ll just be putting stuff up and leaving them till they go, can’t be bothered chasing stuff constantly! :lol:


that seems reasonable

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:04 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:


do be careful with the trades, people ofetn ask for really hard or impossible things


Re trades I’ll just be putting stuff up and leaving them till they go, can’t be bothered chasing stuff constantly! :lol:


that seems reasonable


You can put 3 in on the GTS on Home can’t you? Not that it makes much difference to the end outcome but would certainly speed things up!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by shy guy 64 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:59 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’m planning on getting as many as possible via the dynamax adventure and then using and duplicate legendary Pokémon I’ve got from past games/generations to get the ones I’m missing, I know I’ve got 3 or 4 spare Ho-Oh and Lugia thanks to numerous runs of gen 2 games via the VC on 3DS so fingers crossed using some of those will get me quite a few of them, think I’ve got about 2 spare Yvettal and Groudon too. Let’s just hope people are feeling generous when I come to the trading side of things :lol:

Edit, feel like a bit of a numpty :fp: I thought the footprints were to so with the Regi’s but just realised they’re to do with the 4 fighting :fp:


do be careful with the trades, people ofetn ask for really hard or impossible things


Re trades I’ll just be putting stuff up and leaving them till they go, can’t be bothered chasing stuff constantly! :lol:


that seems reasonable


You can put 3 in on the GTS on Home can’t you? Not that it makes much difference to the end outcome but would certainly speed things up!


yeah 3 at once

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:17 am

Ah don’t you just love The Pokémon Company :fp: I’d completely forgotten that for some reason you’re only allowed to use the GTS function on your phone, not on the Switch that I mainly use Home on for transferring between games and the like? Was just going to put a Kabuto/Kabutops in there for Omanyte/Omastar as again, for some reason these are the one fossils that seem to be exclusive to one game or the other! Or has anyone with Sword got a spare 5 minutes later and the two Pokémon for quick trade?

Also, the strange omission of gen 4 fossils just adds more smoke to the rumours about a gen 4 remake :lol:

Caught Articuno last night, will be going after the other 2 birds today and hopefully the Regi’s.

Edit. Both those trades went a bit too well and quickly, hope that bodes well for the future!

Edit 2, both other birds caught, only the rock Regi left out of the original 3, it’s proving difficult to catch in a Poké ball though :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:21 am

2 shiny Pokémon in a week now :datass:

First I got. Bronzong when I first started the Crown Tundra, now hatched some eggs for a quick re-run to get the other Regi and horse and I got a shiny Charmander after 5 eggs :lol: not complaining of course but I do not expect this to relative run of good luck to last!

Just about done the Crown Tundra barring the two omissions from the dex (which will be added in due time), so just got the dynamax adventure portion to do, bloody loved this second DLC :wub:

Edit, to use Home on my second user I guess I need to link it to my main users Nintendo account? Or will I need a separate email and account?

Edit 2, found how to access other save profiles in Home, so I’ll just need to check if the dlc works without the need for a full second Nintendo account :)

Edit 3, got both passes in my key items already so should be good once I hit the wild area!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Herdanos » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:40 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:2 shiny Pokémon in a week now :datass:

First I got. Bronzong when I first started the Crown Tundra, now hatched some eggs for a quick re-run to get the other Regi and horse and I got a shiny Charmander after 5 eggs :lol: not complaining of course but I do not expect this to relative run of good luck to last!

Just about done the Crown Tundra barring the two omissions from the dex (which will be added in due time), so just got the dynamax adventure portion to do, bloody loved this second DLC :wub:

Edit, to use Home on my second user I guess I need to link it to my main users Nintendo account? Or will I need a separate email and account?

Edit 2, found how to access other save profiles in Home, so I’ll just need to check if the dlc works without the need for a full second Nintendo account :)

Edit 3, got both passes in my key items already so should be good once I hit the wild area!


I know you're talking specifically about the DLC but can I just check - are you saying that multiple users, on the same console, can both play through save games of Pokemon without either set of data overwriting the other?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:55 pm

consistent wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:2 shiny Pokémon in a week now :datass:

First I got. Bronzong when I first started the Crown Tundra, now hatched some eggs for a quick re-run to get the other Regi and horse and I got a shiny Charmander after 5 eggs :lol: not complaining of course but I do not expect this to relative run of good luck to last!

Just about done the Crown Tundra barring the two omissions from the dex (which will be added in due time), so just got the dynamax adventure portion to do, bloody loved this second DLC :wub:

Edit, to use Home on my second user I guess I need to link it to my main users Nintendo account? Or will I need a separate email and account?

Edit 2, found how to access other save profiles in Home, so I’ll just need to check if the dlc works without the need for a full second Nintendo account :)

Edit 3, got both passes in my key items already so should be good once I hit the wild area!


I know you're talking specifically about the DLC but can I just check - are you saying that multiple users, on the same console, can both play through save games of Pokemon without either set of data overwriting the other?


Yeah, I’ve started a second user for Animal Crossing, mainly to help with the art after OR mentioned each user could buy a piece of art each day, sometimes Redd has two and this way you can get them both.

But yes, I’ve started a fresh save on my second user, got about an hour in and then re-loaded my save on my first user and it loaded where I left off. Presume it’d go for 3rd, 4th user etc.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Captain Kinopio » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:33 pm

How does the DLC work for this? I only have Sword so can I play both DLCs?

Is there a way to only purchase the one applicable to your game if not?

Also is it worth 20 quid?

Time for adventure
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:15 pm

Buying the DLC gets you access to both the Isle of Armor & The Crown Tundra DLC, there’s two versions depending on which of the base games you have (so you’d obviously buy the Sword version in your position). In the eshop there should be two different DLC packs to choose from (believe there is a link from the respective Sowrd/Shield game page too).

Out of the two, the second DLC is definitely the stronger as its quite an enjoyable legendary Pokémon hunt throughout a small part of Galar, annoyingly there’s a couple of choice legendary in the second DLC so I’m currently going through it again on a second user profile so I can get them into my Pokémon Home account on my main save/profile.

Personally I’d say its worth £20.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Balladeer » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:19 pm

I really didn’t like the Crown Tundra. Legendary catching is the worst and most luck-dependant bit of Pokémon. To have an entire DLC episode focussed almost entirely on it is ludicrous.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

I liked the discovery and uncovering the legends rather than the actual catching aspect. Catching them can be a real tedious process depending on if you want to soft reset for natures etc.

Now this thread is back on the front page, any word on how to obtain Zarude in the UK? Not seen anything about it yet.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by DarkRula » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:58 pm

That's already passed.

And for the obvious joke answer - Isn't that something to do with a sandstorm?

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:17 pm

I signed up for the newsletter before the 18th of December 2020 but not heard anything :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by DarkRula » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:26 pm

That's because they're terrible at getting the newsletter out.

Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Fair enough, just wondered if I’d still missed the cut off for it :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Well thats a little creepy, 7 minutes after posting saying I’d not got my code I get my code for Zarude through :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Crown Tundra Out Now - Play It Quick Before It Votes For Independence)
by DarkRula » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:36 pm

They're watching you. Always watching.

Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Damian, Finiarél, Frank, Garth, GrinWithoutaKat, Jordan UK, Peter Crisp, Photek, Wrathy, Xeno and 104 guests