Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)

Anything to do with games at all.

What starter will you pick?

Grookey
21
32%
Scorbunny
23
35%
Sobble
22
33%
 
Total votes: 66
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Jezo » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Page 100 babyyyyy.

Someone fight me on Showdown.

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by shy guy 64 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Not sure why but I’m quite liking just grinding out stuff from the raid battles, not quite sure why Lapras seems to show up every other battle though as I don’t think it’s the current event (?) Pokémon for the raids.


i believe lapras is one of the current event ones

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:27 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Not sure why but I’m quite liking just grinding out stuff from the raid battles, not quite sure why Lapras seems to show up every other battle though as I don’t think it’s the current event (?) Pokémon for the raids.


i believe lapras is one of the current event ones


Makes sense considering how often they turn up.

Image

Image
User avatar
Dandle in the Wind
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Dandle in the Wind » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:45 am

Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by shy guy 64 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


i dont see why it would no other game does that

Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Pedz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Animal Crossing is seemingly only allowing 1 "town" per Switch regardless if you have 1 or 12 profiles, you'll get you own characters but share the same island, from what irl read. Which is poop. (Edit: seems like people are talking about it in the AC thread :slol: )

Pokémon though has a separate save for each profile.

Image
User avatar
Dandle in the Wind
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Dandle in the Wind » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Any Shield owners want to send me their Zamazenta in return for Zacian, then trade straight back?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Squinty » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 am

This is pretty decent so far. Really enjoying it. Picked Grookey, I have his second evo now.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Back on Shield anyway (should really be getting my copy of Sword played through!), just getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 before I head to the battle tower and see what that’s like.

Image

Image
User avatar
Dandle in the Wind
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Dandle in the Wind » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:12 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Yes please!

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:18 pm

Red Gyaradan wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Yes please!


You available to trade/trade back now? If so just PM me a code and I’ll load my Switch up :)

Image

Image
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Fade » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:12 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Back on Shield anyway (should really be getting my copy of Sword played through!), just getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 before I head to the battle tower and see what that’s like.

Just so you're aware, battle tower scales all pokemt to level 50.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 pm

Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Back on Shield anyway (should really be getting my copy of Sword played through!), just getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 before I head to the battle tower and see what that’s like.

Just so you're aware, battle tower scales all pokemt to level 50.


Yeah I know but thanks anyway, mainly just so I can max their IV’s and re do their EV’s (does the IV trainer do the EV’s as well?), said I’d battle a mate when I’d got a half decent team together so want to give myself the best chance :lol:

Image

Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Jezo » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:34 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Back on Shield anyway (should really be getting my copy of Sword played through!), just getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 before I head to the battle tower and see what that’s like.

Just so you're aware, battle tower scales all pokemt to level 50.


Yeah I know but thanks anyway, mainly just so I can max their IV’s and re do their EV’s (does the IV trainer do the EV’s as well?), said I’d battle a mate when I’d got a half decent team together so want to give myself the best chance :lol:

Fight me too? :3

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Jezo wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Fade wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Red Gyaradan wrote:Has anyone tried playing this on the same console across seperate user profiles? Does it allow you to therefore maintain seperate save files, or would the creation of one erase the other?


Already got the data for Zacian but if you still need to do this I’ll send my Zamazenta your way.

Back on Shield anyway (should really be getting my copy of Sword played through!), just getting a handful of Pokémon up to level 100 before I head to the battle tower and see what that’s like.

Just so you're aware, battle tower scales all pokemt to level 50.


Yeah I know but thanks anyway, mainly just so I can max their IV’s and re do their EV’s (does the IV trainer do the EV’s as well?), said I’d battle a mate when I’d got a half decent team together so want to give myself the best chance :lol:

Fight me too? :3


Yeah I will do when I’ve got a team of 6 properly sorted, I mean I’ll most likely get beat as I really don’t focus on the online side of Pokémon games but why not, could be fun.

Image

Image
User avatar
Dandle in the Wind
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Dandle in the Wind » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:43 pm

So G-Max Toxtricitry is available now in raid battles, and by "available", I mean that you can attempt to battle one :lol: It's absurdly powerful. Even if you team up with other online players with high-levelled Pokemon, it wipes out non-G-Maxed foes with literally a couple of hits. Anyone had any success?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
PatSharpsMullet
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: PatSharpsMullet
Location: Brighton

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by PatSharpsMullet » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:51 pm

Red Gyaradan wrote:So G-Max Toxtricitry is available now in raid battles, and by "available", I mean that you can attempt to battle one :lol: It's absurdly powerful. Even if you team up with other online players with high-levelled Pokemon, it wipes out non-G-Maxed foes with literally a couple of hits. Anyone had any success?

I did it on my second attempt with just one other human controlled player. The first attempt was also with only one other human controlled player and ended quite quickly so I'm surprised that I beat him on the second attempt.

Image
User avatar
Dandle in the Wind
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Dandle in the Wind » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:06 pm

I am too :lol:

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Robbo-92 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:13 am

I’m finding 5 star Toxtricity no where near as bad as 5 star Lapras.

Image

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Pokémon Sword & Shield (Expansions Announced! Jim Sterling Livid!)
by Squinty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:15 pm

I found a pokemon that looks like an apple, but it's actually a little wormy thing hiding inside an apple.

The new Pokemon in this game are kinda weird.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Green Gecko, JediDragon05 and 30 guests