NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Mafro » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:45 am

“Glass cow”

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:55 am

"Edin-bor-row"

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Somebody Else's Problem » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:58 am

Vermi-Claus wrote:
Every European city I've been to outside of mountain towns smelled like piss. Super gross.


Not sure where they've been, but the only place i've come across which fits into that bracket is Trowbridge.


And Sunderland.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:00 am

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Vermi-Claus wrote:
Every European city I've been to outside of mountain towns smelled like piss. Super gross.


Not sure where they've been, but the only place i've come across which fits into that bracket is Trowbridge.


And Sunderland.

That's just insulting to towns that smell of piss.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 am

Hey my name is Chip Montagrey the third jnr from Boston. I work in real estate real quick. Where you guys from?

Wales in the UK.

England huh, Oh my god I've been to England for a couple of days, I went to bucking ham palace which was real nice, and we stayed by the river in London. Kinda rained though which sucked. Hey we love your comedy though right, we love Monty pie thon and Benny Hill!

^how a lot of my conversations with Americans while there have been. (To be fair a lot are knowledgeable about the wider world, mostly southern Texans I've found).

I don't get the Benny Hill thing though, they all love it.

Image
User avatar
Benzin
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Benzin » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:39 pm

I once got accused of being Scottish when in New York. Needless to say they got a sharp telling off in the traditional SARF LANDAN manner...

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Rocsteady » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:58 pm

Benzin wrote:I once got accused of being Scottish when in New York. Needless to say they got a sharp telling off in the traditional SARF LANDAN manner...

Accused m8, you'd be lucky

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Qikz » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:58 pm

Someone at one of our clients thinks I sound Irish, she's also English so I have no idea what the strawberry float shes on about :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:01 pm

Was the GameBoy name sexist?

The name is gendered and excludes women and girls. I feel like things like that in the past have led to the disrespect women get in gaming to this day.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Green Gecko » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:05 am

Oh no it lead to disrespect in the past, what can we do about it now? What a waste of time discussing that.

I knew plenty of girls playing on GameBoys who didn't give a gooseberry fool.

I can’t inagine it was around that time but I’d imagine that parents didn’t get it for their daughters because they might have said that the game boy is for boys only.

My step-sister had a GameBoy Color and a GameBoy Advance. Parent's aren't that thick. Bloody amateur-league nice guy feminism.

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Pedz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:56 am

It's clearly sexist. The game boy has a headphone jack which to me looks female to the headphones wires which is inserted into it. Then there's the double ended dildo for two Gameboys that is the link cable. Clearly it should have been a Game Girl.

ImageImage
User avatar
Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Errkal » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:21 am

As Fat as Santa wrote:It's clearly sexist. The game boy has a headphone jack which to me looks female to the headphones wires which is inserted into it. Then there's the double ended dildo for two Gameboys that is the link cable. Clearly it should have been a Game Girl.


Game girl! Did you just assume a gender for it!! It is the game person, it should be able to choose what gender is applied! You monster

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Moggy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:28 am

Sleighamorph wrote:Was the GameBoy name sexist?

The name is gendered and excludes women and girls. I feel like things like that in the past have led to the disrespect women get in gaming to this day.


There’s only one way to find out:

Rudolphin wrote:

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Drumstick » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:50 am

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Sleighamorph wrote:Was the GameBoy name sexist?

The name is gendered and excludes women and girls. I feel like things like that in the past have led to the disrespect women get in gaming to this day.


There’s only one way to find out:

Rudolphin wrote:

:lol:

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Mafro » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Image

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Tafdolphin » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:46 pm

strawberry floating lol at maf there.

I have no opinion on the matter whatsofuckingever. Didn't they release a pink branded one 'for girls' at some point though? That's a bunch of bollocks.

EDIT: I may have made that up.

Gemini73 wrote:Yes your are a sanctimonious twat

Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by suzzopher » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Rudolphin wrote:strawberry floating lol at maf there.

I have no opinion on the matter whatsofuckingever. Didn't they release a pink branded one 'for girls' at some point though? That's a bunch of bollocks.

EDIT: I may have made that up.


I believe that was a story in Total! Magazine issue 2? Something like Gamegirl was mentioned.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:58 pm

There were several Pink Gameboys released, as early as the Gameboy Pocket, but there wasn't any 'for girls' branding that I can recall or find.
Image

I guess it's possible some individual retailers or publications perhaps branded it as 'for girls' but I don't think there was anything Nintendo did, and the Gameboy was far from the only thing retailers would start branding as being for girls just because it was pink.


Edit - The closest reference to a "Game Girl" I can find was this game,
Image
And that's just the title of the game playing off the name of the console. It says for Gameboy on the front as well right there.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Green Gecko
Director
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Green Gecko » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:14 pm

The pink gameboy pocket is hot hot hot

Support GRcade | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Karl
Seyana!
Seyana!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Karl » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:17 pm

Do we think the GameBoy would have sold as well in the alternate universe where it was called the GameGirl? I think that's kinda interesting to think about, though obviously I'm not going around getting mad about it.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Benzin, Bunni, Cuttooth, Dowbocop, kerr9000, Met, mic, Monkey Man, OrangeRKN, Photek, Qikz, Rax, Sandy, SandyCoin, wensleydale and 67 guests