NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
AKA: Lord Paramount Preezy
Location: Garcadia's Umbral Plains

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Preezy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:05 pm

Vermilion wrote:Would it not have been easier just to have something simple, like a beer or a glass of cider?

Americans are weird when it comes to cider. In my experience the only cider they're aware of is "warm apple cider" that's drunk at Halloween.

If only they knew the pleasure of a 2 litre bottle of White Lightning down the park with some slags :datass:

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:11 pm

Americans call Apple juice cider. They call our cider 'hard cider'.

Also to most Americans there is beer, whisky, wine, Jack Daniels and coke.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by KK » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:16 pm

I wouldn't be shocked if many Americans aren't big alcohol drinkers because if you go to a bar in the middle of nowhere you've still got to drive back home, which is where your Coors and Bud Lights come into play.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Moggy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm

The earliest I can remember drinking was as a young kid (9 or 10 maybe?) and I found a bottle of whiskey that my parents were giving to my grandad for Christmas. I opened it and gave it a sniff, put it in my mouth (no context thread) and drank some and it almost knocked me out. :lol:

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Pedz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:58 pm

But tonight, man… it actually happened.


Is the best line. Why? I read it like it's something that is really hard to attain, like strawberry floating the hottest woman around even though you look like ad7.

This is a guy who could go to ANY shop that sells alcohol for 3 years and buy it easy as piss, but didn't. Why oh why do people makes things out to be super achievements?

ImageImage
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by OrangeRKN » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Pedz wrote:This is a guy who could go to ANY shop that sells alcohol for 3 years and buy it easy as piss


American beer so same thing?

Witty biological-political hybrid jokes are the reason this place fails to cater to a wide audience
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Pedz wrote:
But tonight, man… it actually happened.


Is the best line. Why? I read it like it's something that is really hard to attain, like strawberry floating the hottest woman around even though you look like ad7.

This is a guy who could go to ANY shop that sells alcohol for 3 years and buy it easy as piss, but didn't. Why oh why do people makes things out to be super achievements?


Image

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:46 pm

Moggy wrote:The earliest I can remember drinking was as a young kid (9 or 10 maybe?) and I found a bottle of whiskey that my parents were giving to my grandad for Christmas. I opened it and gave it a sniff, put it in my mouth (no context thread) and drank some and it almost knocked me out. :lol:


My first beer was given to me by my cousin (my parents said it was ok), I remember the disappointment at the beer not tasting like chocolate (like I'd always imagined it to, as why else would adults drink so much of it?).

The first time I got drunk was by accident. My parents had a big bottle of cider in the fridge, and mum said I could have a sip. I loved the stuff and started pouring glass after glass of it, playing a bit of megadrive, having some more, not knowing it was alcoholic. I was in the kitchen and my dad remarked to mum that I looked drunk, and then she asked me how many glasses I'd had... I'd drunken most of the bottle :lol: 8-)

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:39 pm

My father used to give me alcohol. Usually rum and coke.

It kind of took the edge off the beatings and emotional abuse.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Qikz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:20 am

Ad7 wrote:
Pedz wrote:
But tonight, man… it actually happened.


Is the best line. Why? I read it like it's something that is really hard to attain, like strawberry floating the hottest woman around even though you look like ad7.

This is a guy who could go to ANY shop that sells alcohol for 3 years and buy it easy as piss, but didn't. Why oh why do people makes things out to be super achievements?


Image


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Venom » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:36 am

Preezy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Would it not have been easier just to have something simple, like a beer or a glass of cider?

Americans are weird when it comes to cider. In my experience the only cider they're aware of is "warm apple cider" that's drunk at Halloween.

If only they knew the pleasure of a 2 litre bottle of White Lightning down the park with some slags :datass:


:lol:

[img]https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/VenomUK.png/img]

PSVR2, Sony reveal 6 new hardware improvements for PS5 - Venom
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Green Gecko » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:20 am

Ad7 wrote:
Moggy wrote:The earliest I can remember drinking was as a young kid (9 or 10 maybe?) and I found a bottle of whiskey that my parents were giving to my grandad for Christmas. I opened it and gave it a sniff, put it in my mouth (no context thread) and drank some and it almost knocked me out. :lol:


My first beer was given to me by my cousin (my parents said it was ok), I remember the disappointment at the beer not tasting like chocolate (like I'd always imagined it to, as why else would adults drink so much of it?).

The first time I got drunk was by accident. My parents had a big bottle of cider in the fridge, and mum said I could have a sip. I loved the stuff and started pouring glass after glass of it, playing a bit of megadrive, having some more, not knowing it was alcoholic. I was in the kitchen and my dad remarked to mum that I looked drunk, and then she asked me how many glasses I'd had... I'd drunken most of the bottle :lol: 8-)

Bummer man , the first time I got drunk enough to laugh my tits off (not just watered down wine or taste of whiskey etc) was chocolate liquor, the kind kept in a cupboard for decades because you're not really meant to drink any of those bottles, right?

I distinctly remember my brother not believing I was drunk. Just laughed at him and passed out in my room. It was Burns supper night, probably 12/13 so a bit late as I abstained for a whole year of secondary school lol

My mum was pretty great letting us enjoy our small years. I just turned 30 :(

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Squinty » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:44 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:My father used to give me alcohol. Usually rum and coke.

It kind of took the edge off the beatings and emotional abuse.


I used to know a guy who has a pretty similar upbringing. He's an alcoholic now, last I heard. Pretty sad.

I can't remember the first time I had a drink. I've been without since October/November, I started to miss it about 2 weeks ago.

User avatar
NickSCFC
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by NickSCFC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57 pm


User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Garth » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:02 pm

I stand and clap when finished.

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Karl_ » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:05 pm

I only sit down to pee when I'm peeing in the shower.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Ad7 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:13 pm

I've never heard of a bloke sitting just to piss before, yet that topic makes it sound abnormal to stand.

Splashback - I mean so these people piss through a colander or something?

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Jenuall » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 pm

Image
SPLASHBACK!

ImageImage
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Lagamorph » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Doesn't a lot of the US have those really strawberry floating stupid toilets where the water fills right up to the top?

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: NeoGAF owner accused of sexual assault - spin-off site Resetera launched
by Hexx » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm

What?


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Bunni, Chocolate-Milk, Cuttooth, Errkal, Google [Bot], JediDragon05, Joer, Kanbei, Met, Mommy, more heat than light, PuppetBoy, Qikz, Saint of Killers, Tafdolphin, Vermilion, Wrathy and 85 guests