R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostR-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:31 am





TGS Gameplay


Wireframe Feature
https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues/21

Original Post
=========
Just found out about this.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... -next-week

Missed the original article, but apparently the KS went live on Monday and has already met it's goal.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gr ... shmup-ever

I was a big fan of R-Type Final and it's probably the PS2 game I regret trading in/selling the most. Definitely getting in on this one.

Anyone else a fan of the games, or just classic shooters in general?

Last edited by Cheeky Devlin on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Jenuall » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:37 am

Impressive, especially as I thought the Kickstarter bubble had burst by now?

I've never got on with the shmup genre but the R-Type games were some of the ones I actually managed to get some enjoyment from. I think that, Lifeforce on the NES and that one where you are a WWII plane are the only ones I've got fond memories of!

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Jenuall wrote:Impressive, especially as I thought the Kickstarter bubble had burst by now?

I've never got on with the shmup genre but the R-Type games were some of the ones I actually managed to get some enjoyment from. I think that, Lifeforce on the NES and that one where you are a WWII plane are the only ones I've got fond memories of!

R-Type has always been a belter. Up there with Gradius for me. Gradius V is easily the pride of my PS2 collection. Just love that game.

I'd definitely read the kickstarter links. They're looking to remake levels from the earlier games as stretch goals. The main designer on the Kickstarter worked on Metal Slug, R-Type Delta, R-Type Final and the two R-Type Tactics games.

Looks and sounds lovely. Might have to back this myself. :wub:

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Ironhide » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:44 pm

The original R-type final is responsible for my worst episode of gaming rage, I'd spent ages unlocking the extra ships and other bonus content only for a power cut to happen whilst the game was saving - when the power came back on I discovered that every single save file on the memory card had been corrupted.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:45 pm

Ironhide wrote:The original R-type final is responsible for my worst episode of gaming rage, I'd spent ages unlocking the extra ships and other bonus content only for a power cut to happen whilst the game was saving - when the power came back on I discovered that every single save file on the memory card had been corrupted.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......

:evil:

Ouch.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Peter Crisp » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:46 pm

I love R-Type despite being terrible at these games due to my terrible reflexes.

I've been burned by Kickstarters so won't back it but will buy this when it goes on sale.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Preezy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:59 pm

Not a fan of the genre but I can appreciate the awesomeness of the R-Type series.

The only game from that genre I ever played with any regularity was Sol Deace on the Mega Drive (known as Sol Feace in US/EU I believe). It was average and rock-hard but I loved it:


User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - Kickstarted and funded within 2 days!
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Some updates since the last time I posted:

https://rtypefinal2.com/



Condensed for size
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Playable at TGS as well apparently.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Gemini73 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:27 pm

Loved R-Type and the like back in the day but the genre isn't something I'm into anymore really. I occasionally dabble, but that's about it. From purely a collectors point of view I wish I'd not sold on my PS1/PS2 R-Type games. They come in at stupid prices now unfortunately.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Loved R-Type and the like back in the day but the genre isn't something I'm into anymore really. I occasionally dabble, but that's about it. From purely a collectors point of view I wish I'd not sold on my PS1/PS2 R-Type games. They come in at stupid prices now unfortunately.

R-Type Final on PS2 isn't too bad actually. I re-bought it a few weeks back after this was announced and I don't think it was much more than £20 or so (If that).

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Ironhide » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Nothing to see here.

Last edited by Ironhide on Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Gemini73 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Loved R-Type and the like back in the day but the genre isn't something I'm into anymore really. I occasionally dabble, but that's about it. From purely a collectors point of view I wish I'd not sold on my PS1/PS2 R-Type games. They come in at stupid prices now unfortunately.

R-Type Final on PS2 isn't too bad actually. I re-bought it a few weeks back after this was announced and I don't think it was much more than £20 or so (If that).


Cheers for the heads up but to be honest I don't think any PS2 title is worth more than a tenner tops.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Saint of Killers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:08 pm


| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: R-Type Final 2 - PS4/XB1/PC/NS
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:38 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:

Yup, that's definitely R-Type. :D

EDIT: Oh and fortnightly games mag Wireframe (Which is free online) did a feature/interview on this in their last issue.
https://wireframe.raspberrypi.org/issues/21
Image

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Finish.Last, Frank, HailToTheKingBaby!, ITSMILNER, Mafro, Met, mic, Photek, PuppetBoy, Rubix, Snowcannon and 47 guests