Last Game You Finished and Your Rating

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by OrangeRKN » Fri May 01, 2020 9:57 am

Squinty wrote:Gato Roboto


How did you find the bosses? I thought some of them were pretty tough! Definitely a good short game though

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Fri May 01, 2020 12:42 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Squinty wrote:Gato Roboto


How did you find the bosses? I thought some of them were pretty tough! Definitely a good short game though


I didn't find them too bad, the first one killed me a few times, but there's a clear pattern to beat it that I completely missed on previous attempts.

I didn't find any of them too hard after that. I want a sequel to this and Pikuniku.

User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Fri May 01, 2020 8:53 pm

Wonder Boy Returns Remix 5/10 It's Adventure Island so I still had a good time, but this is definitely the cheapest, ugliest, and worst sounding version of the game I've played. Made me want a a Turbografx Mini pretty badly.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sat May 02, 2020 4:59 pm

Castle of Illusion Remake - 7/10

I have no frame of reference for the original game (I only played Land of Illusion on SMS). This was enjoyable enough. Only cost £2.50, wasn't that long at all.

Edit - Actually this is kind of not true, I forgot I owned Castle of Illusion on Gamegear when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it though.

Last edited by Squinty on Sat May 02, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sat May 02, 2020 5:48 pm

Journey To Silius 5/10 - Stiff Mega Man/Contra hybrid. Everytime I made a jump I felt I was being magnetised towards a trap. Great music though.

Shadow of the Ninja 6/10- Ninja Gaiden/Castlevania hybrid which was alright. Nothing special or distinct about it really.

Eliminator Boat Duel 8/10 - This is great fun. You race top down, side by side, even in Nes style 3d. Though those latter bits are a bit rubbish. Vicious Vicky would agree.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun May 03, 2020 11:11 am

Super Time Force Ultra - 7/10

It's an interesting idea for a game, and I loved the pixel art and the humour in it. It feels pretty great when you've got a plan and you execute that plan by travelling back through time.

It can be kind of annoying when you have to repeat the same thing over and over just to speed up your progress. I'm thinking specifically about the boss battles here.

Enjoyed it anyway.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sun May 03, 2020 3:12 pm

Squinty wrote:Castle of Illusion Remake - 7/10

I have no frame of reference for the original game (I only played Land of Illusion on SMS). This was enjoyable enough. Only cost £2.50, wasn't that long at all.

Edit - Actually this is kind of not true, I forgot I owned Castle of Illusion on Gamegear when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it though.


I had castle of illusion on game gear too! Can’t remember how many times I completed it. It was great! Still own a copy as well 8-)

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun May 03, 2020 3:13 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Squinty wrote:Castle of Illusion Remake - 7/10

I have no frame of reference for the original game (I only played Land of Illusion on SMS). This was enjoyable enough. Only cost £2.50, wasn't that long at all.

Edit - Actually this is kind of not true, I forgot I owned Castle of Illusion on Gamegear when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it though.


I had castle of illusion on game gear too! Can’t remember how many times I completed it. It was great! Still own a copy as well 8-)


Sold my Gamegear along with all the games for 20 quid. Young me wasn't smart.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Sun May 03, 2020 3:34 pm

Squinty wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Squinty wrote:Castle of Illusion Remake - 7/10

I have no frame of reference for the original game (I only played Land of Illusion on SMS). This was enjoyable enough. Only cost £2.50, wasn't that long at all.

Edit - Actually this is kind of not true, I forgot I owned Castle of Illusion on Gamegear when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it though.


I had castle of illusion on game gear too! Can’t remember how many times I completed it. It was great! Still own a copy as well 8-)


Sold my Gamegear along with all the games for 20 quid. Young me wasn't smart.


I traded mine for a Lynx. Feel better now?

I actually bought the game again a while back (along with GG Shinobi) for the nostalgia factor. I was planing on getting the game gear add on for the Retron 5 but forgot. Not sure if they ever released it. Should probably look in to that.

Image
Image
TonyDA
Member
Joined in 2016
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by TonyDA » Sun May 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Finished - as in got the Platinum Trophy - on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this afternoon. 8/10

Really enjoyed it, loved the Star Wars vibe, until the last few hours of grind and clear up to get the Platinum. Was eventually left with just the 'Find all of BD-1's encrypted logs' trophy to get to also unlock the Platinum and had three planets with 95% completion. As frustration at having no idea where to look kicked-in, I resulted to using some online maps/guides to find the hidden areas. Because the game has no fast travel style system, this meant tracking and back-tracking through areas several times to find the right places. Kind of strange that a game of this size had several 'meditation' save points in every area but no fast travel mechanism - if you could have jumped to any of these save points, it would have made the post game clear-up a lot more enjoyable.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun May 03, 2020 8:38 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Squinty wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Squinty wrote:Castle of Illusion Remake - 7/10

I have no frame of reference for the original game (I only played Land of Illusion on SMS). This was enjoyable enough. Only cost £2.50, wasn't that long at all.

Edit - Actually this is kind of not true, I forgot I owned Castle of Illusion on Gamegear when I was a kid. I can't really remember much about it though.


I had castle of illusion on game gear too! Can’t remember how many times I completed it. It was great! Still own a copy as well 8-)


Sold my Gamegear along with all the games for 20 quid. Young me wasn't smart.


I traded mine for a Lynx. Feel better now?

I actually bought the game again a while back (along with GG Shinobi) for the nostalgia factor. I was planing on getting the game gear add on for the Retron 5 but forgot. Not sure if they ever released it. Should probably look in to that.


I feel slightly better now :lol:

I really need to look into emulation for these titles. I had a few gamegear titles but I can only remember this, Sonic 2 and Psychic World.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Victor Mildew » Sun May 03, 2020 9:32 pm

TonyDA wrote:Finished - as in got the Platinum Trophy - on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this afternoon. 8/10

Really enjoyed it, loved the Star Wars vibe, until the last few hours of grind and clear up to get the Platinum. Was eventually left with just the 'Find all of BD-1's encrypted logs' trophy to get to also unlock the Platinum and had three planets with 95% completion. As frustration at having no idea where to look kicked-in, I resulted to using some online maps/guides to find the hidden areas. Because the game has no fast travel style system, this meant tracking and back-tracking through areas several times to find the right places. Kind of strange that a game of this size had several 'meditation' save points in every area but no fast travel mechanism - if you could have jumped to any of these save points, it would have made the post game clear-up a lot more enjoyable.


I felt the same with fast travel at the end. Would have really hurt to have the option to go back to the main ship from a meditation point near the end of the game? Have it be a final jedi skill to unlock if need be, as you end up with so many skill points left over by the end.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
TonyDA
Member
Joined in 2016
Location: Brighton, East Sussex

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by TonyDA » Sun May 03, 2020 11:17 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
TonyDA wrote:Finished - as in got the Platinum Trophy - on Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order this afternoon. 8/10

Really enjoyed it, loved the Star Wars vibe, until the last few hours of grind and clear up to get the Platinum. Was eventually left with just the 'Find all of BD-1's encrypted logs' trophy to get to also unlock the Platinum and had three planets with 95% completion. As frustration at having no idea where to look kicked-in, I resulted to using some online maps/guides to find the hidden areas. Because the game has no fast travel style system, this meant tracking and back-tracking through areas several times to find the right places. Kind of strange that a game of this size had several 'meditation' save points in every area but no fast travel mechanism - if you could have jumped to any of these save points, it would have made the post game clear-up a lot more enjoyable.


I felt the same with fast travel at the end. Would have really hurt to have the option to go back to the main ship from a meditation point near the end of the game? Have it be a final jedi skill to unlock if need be, as you end up with so many skill points left over by the end.


Exactly. The number of times I was on a part of the map, having found the secret etc I’d been looking for, and then thought ‘another 3-5 minutes back to the ship’ was too many.

Think I ended up with 8 skill points I couldn’t use by the end. As you say, even if the last skill to unlock has been fast travel, it would have helped.

fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by fry87 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 am

Completed a few games in the last week or 2.

Mirrors Edge: Catalyst - Mostly a fun sequel that builds upon the original (or at least what I remember of the original). I still like the art style and generally the controls work well. It's not without it's moments of frustration and the combat remains a weakness, especially when the game forces it upon you. Still, glad I gave this a try. 7/10

Super Lucky's Tale - Enjoyed this more than I'd expected for a very generic looking platformer. The controls were generally decent and the game had some variety in terms of level design with some 2D levels, some 3D, the endless runner style levels, etc. Was a bit short without the DLC worlds though but in general I thought it was better than the likes of A Hat in Time & Yooka-Laylee. 7/10

User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Lotus » Mon May 04, 2020 4:10 pm

Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered - 7/10

+ Good level of challenge
+ Different stars/challenges for each level are good for variety
+ Knows when to come to an end
+ Decent soundtrack

- Barely qualifies as a remaster

Still a good game, but apart from a new mode, I honestly had no idea what had changed compared to the original for this 'remaster'. Turns out they changed the soundtrack as well. It's still a good game, but it's about 98% identical to the original. Thankfully it came for free with said original. I was expecting some more differences though.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 05, 2020 10:07 am

Eragon - 2/10. Woeful game. It broke my XBox back in 2007 and I picked it up for 50p a few months ago with the intention of finally finishing it. Which I did.

Image
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by more heat than light » Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:Eragon - 2/10. Woeful game. It broke my XBox back in 2007 and I picked it up for 50p a few months ago with the intention of finally finishing it. Which I did.


:lol:

I remember that one. Absolutely awful.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 05, 2020 5:32 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Eragon - 2/10. Woeful game. It broke my XBox back in 2007 and I picked it up for 50p a few months ago with the intention of finally finishing it. Which I did.


:lol:

I remember that one. Absolutely awful.


The difficulty achievements don't stack, so you have to finish the strawberry floating thing twice as well.

Image
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Tue May 05, 2020 6:22 pm

Super Tennis 6/10 The gameplay is still solid, but presentation is a bit dry, and the World Circuit mode is an endurance challenge rather than anything resembling fun.

fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by fry87 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:06 pm

Streets of Rage 4 - Probably everything I could have hoped for in the return of such a beloved series. Had a blast playing through this online over a couple of sessions with a friend. It's a game made with a clear love of the originals with so many references to the old games. The new art style is great and in general the controls are good. I do miss the old police car powers though :( 8/10


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, DaveDS, Frank, Garth, ITSMILNER, kerr9000, KjGarly, Met, more heat than light, Peter Crisp, Tsunade, Xeno and 122 guests