Last Game You Finished and Your Rating

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:23 am

Mega Man 8 6/10 - If I wasn't playing it via Legacy Collection 2 I'd be scoring it one or two points lower. The inclusion of checkpoint saves helps alleviate some of the frustration experienced with certain aspects. Such as the snowboarding set pieces, which can be trying to say the least. The game has plenty of variety, but none of it flows.

Mega Man 9 8/10 - Going back to basics was the right decision to make. I do miss the slide, and there seemed to be more 'gotcha!' moments than usual, but this is a fun challenging Mega Man. Can't believe it's 12 years old already, I could still remember all the level layouts.

Mega Man 10 7/10 - A solid Mega Man that goes through the motions. 9 was a great call back, but that nostalgia trick only works once.

Mega Man X 10/10- Still holds up. Just a shame the X series peaked with the first game.

Mega Man X2 7/10 - A solid followup, but bad habits start to form. One of the best parts of the Mega Man Series is to freely choose the order in which you complete the stages. But in X2 if you want the true ending, you have to follow where the X Hunters go, which ruins the spirit of it all I feel. And the items hidden in each level are more irritating than challenging, and anyone who can easily aquire such items probably doesn't require extra health. Still, I had fun.

Mega Man X3 8/10 - A bit of a scavenger hunt, but it isn't as cheap about is as X2. Plus playable Zero is a fun novelty.

Mega Man X4 9/10- Less back n forth collecting junk really helps this game flow.

Last edited by Fruits Punch Samurai on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
teh bork
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by teh bork » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 5/10

Decided to finally give the Uncharted games a go, despite having had the games and a PS4 for a year and a half, but after having given up on The Last Of Us, I was reluctant to given another Naughty Dog game a go. Have to say that this was pretty bad in a lot of places, which was a shame as it also had moments of real quality and enjoyment. Really liked the cinematic feel of it, the characters were well rounded and the traversal and puzzles were great fun, I could easily see how it influenced so many others, such as the Tomb Raider reboot. However, the shooting and controls maybe some of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to play. I felt like I was firing Murray Mints at the guards half the time, as the bullets had very little impact and the guards could absorb about 10 of the things before dying. Not to mention the constant wave after wave of enemies in the shooting sections that was just tiresome, and coupled with awful shooting mechanics, made the game a chore to play. Yet somehow not as bad as the controls which at points almost made the game unplayable, I don't think I'll ever play a vehicle section as bad as the jetski sections in this game, utterly abysmal. Also dying after falling 5 feet because you missed a jump despite having pressed X had me in stitches. I know it's a 13 year old game, but it baffles me that it was so highly rated back in the day.

I was planning on going straight into Uncharted 2, but not sure I can deal with more of the same. I've heard people say the series improves, but not sure I can cope with more of that God awful shooting or control system.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 pm

I love Mega Man 9. It might be the best classic one.

User avatar
Godzilla
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Godzilla » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:17 pm

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - PS4

Really enjoyed this. Still got the post game to explore and the DLC. Very easy to play and loads to do. Lots of upgrades and ever more powerful attacks to unlock. It also looks lovely.

Wish my image sig would work
fry87
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by fry87 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:42 am

Some eshop sales games

Gorogoa - Unlike anything else I've played. It's fairly short and may not have much replay value, but it's a wonderful experience whilst it lasts with beautiful presentation and clever puzzles. 8/10

Steamworld Quest - Good but I didn't like it as much as Heist (haven't really played either Dig game). Some interesting strategy to the deck and team configurations, but held back by some boring exploration and drawn out boss fights. 7/10

User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:10 am

Assassin's Creed III Remastered 6/10 My first taste of Ass since Revelations wore me down. I don't remember the Ezio games being so disjointed and buggy... a real shame. Atmosphere and setting are great, it's just a sloppy mess. The side quests felt so disconnected from the rest. Liberation next.

User avatar
dmin
Member
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by dmin » Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:21 pm

Battlefield 4 & Battlefield Hardline (single player) - 5/10
Wanted to have something that i could get through quickly before starting into something gargantuan (eyes Xenoblade and Witcher 3 sitting in the corner). Single player only too as don't have ps plus at mo...

They did the job to tide me over, but I wasn't overly sold on either. 4 seemed clunky and fairly bog standard. Hardline faired slightly better; more stealth em up than guns blazing, which was unexpected. However, the stealth was pretty ridiculous, ie arresting guys standing about 4 feet from others and them not noticing!

Also, since my GRcade absence I have completed

Spider-man - 8/10
Loved the traversal and spidey-ness of it all, but the quests were repetitive.

Red Dead Redemption - 8/10
Loved the game world, characterization and just exploring the wilderness. The mission structure and repetitive nature of just another 'job' to do not so much.

Nier Automata - 8/10
Wasn't a fan of the rpging / fetch quests, but the rest was pretty great. The third play through made the difference! Unique ending too. Keep an eye out for dmn if you reach the end ;)

Image
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:05 pm

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD 6/10 The streamline approach was initially refreshing after the bloated Ass 3, but as I progressed I started to miss the advancements that game had made to the series. Maybe I stopped delving into Ass after Revelations for a reason.

User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Jordan UK » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Fruits Punch Samurai wrote:Maybe I stopped delving into Ass after Revelations for a reason.


Image

User avatar
absolutely not, stop asking this
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by absolutely not, stop asking this » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:24 pm

Slay the Spire

Not exactly one of those games you can finish, really, but I "beat" it last night with The Silent. Lost to the last boss with The Ironclad just now, one more turn and I would have won :( Can see this being something I pump dozens of hours into to unlock everything, such a strawberry floating addictive gameplay loop.

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by That's not a growth » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:17 pm

teh bork wrote:Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 5/10

Decided to finally give the Uncharted games a go, despite having had the games and a PS4 for a year and a half, but after having given up on The Last Of Us, I was reluctant to given another Naughty Dog game a go. Have to say that this was pretty bad in a lot of places, which was a shame as it also had moments of real quality and enjoyment. Really liked the cinematic feel of it, the characters were well rounded and the traversal and puzzles were great fun, I could easily see how it influenced so many others, such as the Tomb Raider reboot. However, the shooting and controls maybe some of the worst I've ever had the misfortune to play. I felt like I was firing Murray Mints at the guards half the time, as the bullets had very little impact and the guards could absorb about 10 of the things before dying. Not to mention the constant wave after wave of enemies in the shooting sections that was just tiresome, and coupled with awful shooting mechanics, made the game a chore to play. Yet somehow not as bad as the controls which at points almost made the game unplayable, I don't think I'll ever play a vehicle section as bad as the jetski sections in this game, utterly abysmal. Also dying after falling 5 feet because you missed a jump despite having pressed X had me in stitches. I know it's a 13 year old game, but it baffles me that it was so highly rated back in the day.

I was planning on going straight into Uncharted 2, but not sure I can deal with more of the same. I've heard people say the series improves, but not sure I can cope with more of that God awful shooting or control system.


I just finished this after starting it yesterday. I played on easy since I figured it'd be a bit clunky, and I'm glad I did.

There was quite a bit I liked about it, but like you I found it had it's issues. Headshots were really inconsistent, although some later pistols helped.

Some of the traversal puzzles show their age, with certain bits having bad camera angles, or unclear direction.

But a fair bit did hold up, mostly story and atmosphere. The general character animation as you're just running about is phenomenal, too. But strawberry float the jet ski, Jesus Christ. The first time wasn't too bad, just a bit annoying. But the second time, strawberry float me.

I'm actually going to jump into the second right away, I hear it's better so happy to go for more.

6/10

Edit, just loaded up number 2 and strawberry floating hell they really upgraded the animation in this.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:51 pm

absolutely not, stop asking this wrote:Slay the Spire

Not exactly one of those games you can finish, really, but I "beat" it last night with The Silent. Lost to the last boss with The Ironclad just now, one more turn and I would have won :( Can see this being something I pump dozens of hours into to unlock everything, such a strawberry floating addictive gameplay loop.


Interested in this game, is there permanent upgrades in it?

User avatar
absolutely not, stop asking this
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by absolutely not, stop asking this » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Squinty wrote:
absolutely not, stop asking this wrote:Slay the Spire

Not exactly one of those games you can finish, really, but I "beat" it last night with The Silent. Lost to the last boss with The Ironclad just now, one more turn and I would have won :( Can see this being something I pump dozens of hours into to unlock everything, such a strawberry floating addictive gameplay loop.


Interested in this game, is there permanent upgrades in it?

Each run is separate and you start over with the same stats each time AFAIK but you do unlock things during playthroughs which you can then encounter in future playthroughs

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Squinty » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:04 pm

absolutely not, stop asking this wrote:
Squinty wrote:
absolutely not, stop asking this wrote:Slay the Spire

Not exactly one of those games you can finish, really, but I "beat" it last night with The Silent. Lost to the last boss with The Ironclad just now, one more turn and I would have won :( Can see this being something I pump dozens of hours into to unlock everything, such a strawberry floating addictive gameplay loop.


Interested in this game, is there permanent upgrades in it?

Each run is separate and you start over with the same stats each time AFAIK but you do unlock things during playthroughs which you can then encounter in future playthroughs


Ah right, I might get this. Cheers for answering!

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Zilnad » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Sekiro

Incredible game and perhaps even takes the crown as FromSoftware's best, surpassing Bloodborne.

I might even jump straight back into it and start a new game plus as I just want to keep playing more and more.

User avatar
Jamo3103
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Manchester

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Jamo3103 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn - 8/10

There's a lot I really loved about this, the world is awesome with really diverse landscapes and it was a refreshing change to play a post apocalyptic game that wasn't dark and depressing.I found most of the games mechanics really satisfying, especially the combat which was almost always fun and just the right amount of challenging. The machine designs were also fantastic and each time I discovered a new machine I was taken back by it, the tallnecks were particularly impressive and I thought they made for a refreshing take on the usual tower mechanic. The story started off fairly slowly but it really picked up and I loved discovering more about the world. I did however have a few issues with it.

Although I enjoyed the story I found that the dialogue was pretty dull a lot of the time, to the point where I found myself skipping through a lot of the spoken dialogue and reading it instead (which I never usually do), it just felt unnecessarily long and drawn out. I also felt like the crafting/inventory/weapon mechanics needed a bit of fine tuning, it was never particularly well explained how any of it worked and I found my inventory constantly filling up with things that basically had no purpose - that probably wouldn't have mattered if inventory space wasn't limited but because it was it ended up being an unnecessary hassle. I wasn't a big fan of the climbing/jumping mechanics either, something that largely wouldn't have been an issue if I'd never played Breath of the Wild but unfortunately for HZD I have. In areas where the game intended you to jump and climb the mechanics were great, straight out of the Uncharted playbook but during exploration they felt clumsy and outdated. Particularly frustrating when you're exploring and want to go to the other side of a mountain and have to navigate all the way around the map to do it. My final criticism is that it really lacked those quiet, peaceful moments that I relished in BOTW. Aloy is always talking to herself when exploring and almost everything you see wants to attack you. Some of my favourite moments in BOTW were of quiet exploration and I'd have loved a bit more of that in Horizon's beautiful world.

My criticisms are in fairness quite nit picky and the core of the game is really good, there's bags of potential for them to build upon with the sequel.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:52 am

Simulacra 6/10


Probably one of the funniest things i have ever played. The story is absurd, the acting terrible and the ability to post inappropriate comments in the twitter feed NEVER failed to make me chuckle. Its like when you open up a book you had as a kid and see all the swear words you had inserted in to a crossword or complete the sentence quiz (possibly just me).

Rubbish game, loved it.

Image
Image
User avatar
Fruits Punch Samurai
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Oswaldtwistle
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by Fruits Punch Samurai » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD 5/10 - Without the novelty of motion controls seen in the original Banana Blitz, this is just a mediocre load of balls. I used to love playing with monkey balls when I was younger, but this entry sags due to poor mini games and frustrating boss fights. But it did scratch that monkey ball itch somewhat.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Could be bait?

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Last Game You Finished and Your Rating
by OrangeRKN » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:50 pm

Quit monkeying around

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, DaveDS, Frank, Hime, ITSMILNER, jiggles, kerr9000, Lime, Mafro, mysteriousdave, OldSoulCyborg, Somebody Else's Problem, Spindash, Zilnad and 62 guests