Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB - Coming to XB GamePass, May 7th.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by LewisD » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:19 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:Nabbed for horse theft :x Every. strawberry floating. Time. I go to leave Strawberry I get on the wrong horse which is stood by the bastard reading the newspaper outside the hotel. EVERY TIME!!


Pimp your horse with a braided mane and gooseberry fool.
Or cut her face so no one will want her.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:30 pm

LewisD wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:Nabbed for horse theft :x Every. strawberry floating. Time. I go to leave Strawberry I get on the wrong horse which is stood by the bastard reading the newspaper outside the hotel. EVERY TIME!!


Pimp your horse with a braided mane and gooseberry fool.
Or cut her face so no one will want her.


Yeah I need to obviously differentiate it somehow from the other horses. Or you know, pay attention to which horse I'm about the clamber up upon. (I wouldn't even mind but I never even go anywhere on 'em! I realise my mistake and have already pressed the button to unseat myself, but noooo! Off he runs to grass me up, the strawberry floater.)

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Xeno » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:45 pm

I still have not finished this, I just found it so boring.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Maybe so but I miss being outdoors and this helps. Granted outdoors for me isn't rolling hills, wide open plains nor mountainous regions, but it still helps.

The opening of the game (up until you reach Horseshoe) is a slog. One which I played THREE times :lol: :dread:

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Tomous » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:53 pm

Xeno wrote:I still have not finished this, I just found it so boring.



Yeah I lost my way with it. The thought of going back feels a slog at the moment. One day.

I thinK I need to just focus on the story when I do go back to it

Image
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Xeno » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:14 pm

I think I went in believing the hype and found it lacking. I was hoping for GTA 1900.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:16 pm





3rd and 4th :toot:

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:31 am

I bought this in the recent sale but I think I'm losing interest now.. My completion percentage is about 40 but all the little gameplay niggles have taken their toll on me now. A lot of the time, it feels horrible to control and a lot of its mechanics are so obtuse.

I loved GTA V but RDR2 is closer to GTA IV.

I think I'm done with Rockstar now. Their style of open world game has been surpassed in every way by better developers. It feels like Rockstar are still stuck in the 2000s and haven't progressed in any way other than making things look prettier and prettier.

I'm going to try and push through to see the story but my concern is I'll give to anyway and end up resenting the game. It's been my biggest disappointment in recent times.

User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009
Location: The Umbral Plains

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Preezy » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:58 am

Saint of Killers wrote:

3rd and 4th :toot:

Nice shooting, Tex :datass:

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:23 am

:msgreen: Much appreciated, pardner.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by aayl1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:24 am

Zilnad wrote:I bought this in the recent sale but I think I'm losing interest now.. My completion percentage is about 40 but all the little gameplay niggles have taken their toll on me now. A lot of the time, it feels horrible to control and a lot of its mechanics are so obtuse.

I loved GTA V but RDR2 is closer to GTA IV.

I think I'm done with Rockstar now. Their style of open world game has been surpassed in every way by better developers. It feels like Rockstar are still stuck in the 2000s and haven't progressed in any way other than making things look prettier and prettier.

I'm going to try and push through to see the story but my concern is I'll give to anyway and end up resenting the game. It's been my biggest disappointment in recent times.


I agree with this, also this video essay is very on point and explains all my gripes with the game extremely well:



EDIT: jump in at 2.40 for some truth bombs

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:24 am

aayl1 wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I bought this in the recent sale but I think I'm losing interest now.. My completion percentage is about 40 but all the little gameplay niggles have taken their toll on me now. A lot of the time, it feels horrible to control and a lot of its mechanics are so obtuse.

I loved GTA V but RDR2 is closer to GTA IV.

I think I'm done with Rockstar now. Their style of open world game has been surpassed in every way by better developers. It feels like Rockstar are still stuck in the 2000s and haven't progressed in any way other than making things look prettier and prettier.

I'm going to try and push through to see the story but my concern is I'll give to anyway and end up resenting the game. It's been my biggest disappointment in recent times.


I agree with this, also this video essay is very on point and explains all my gripes with the game extremely well:



EDIT: jump in at 2.40 for some truth bombs


I've saved the rest of that video for later but 13 minutes in and he's absolutely bang on.

Example: I was on a mission with Bill to rob a wagon. We arrived at the ambush spot and held up the wagon. The NPCs all started pleading with us and Bill got angry and I thought "strawberry float this, let's just shoot them, take everything and get out".

I shot them both using dead eye and got an instant "mission failed".

Retried the checkpoint and the strawberry floating mission ends in a shoot out anyway, in the same spot, in which you kill absolutely everyone before robbing the wagon.

What the strawberry float?!

I'm a strawberry floating arsehole bandit and I failed a mission because I shot the guy I was robbing before he pulled his gun on me?! And it's not even a one off case. Every single mission is so linear; ride here, watch a cutscene, do exactly as we say, shoot people, run away.

strawberry float off Rockstar! Coming into this game immediately after finishing BotW only makes its flaws even more unbearable.

The video has really made me want to replay MGSV though. Now that's an amazing sandbox. :datass:

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Wedgie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Perhaps Rockstar should learn from it and let go of the restrictive control they've put in their games.

But then this is Rockstar. They wouldn't.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Jordan UK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Jordan UK » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:32 pm

Xeno wrote:I think I went in believing the hype and found it lacking. I was hoping for GTA 1900.


I agree. It felt like it could have been great but disappeared up its own backside. Gunplay Is ok, the presentation is sumptious and the voice acting is great, but it's so bloated and the story is bobbins.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:24 am

The number of times I've faceplanted into the dirt or a strawberry floating tree (!) because I'm so excitedly focused on my target :lol: :oops: Poor Horsie.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Zilnad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:28 am

Yeah, it's annoying.

7256930752

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by 7256930752 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

I've wanted to play this for ages and I'm really tempted to pick it up on sale, the only thing putting me off is that I'm currently playing through The Witcher 3. Do you think it would be a bit much to try and play these two at the same time?

User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Zilnad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:20 am

Yes, and I'd say you shouldn't even try playing this until at least a few months after you're done with The Witcher, otherwise everything about RDR2 will pale in comparison.

Well it will anyway but the flaws will be magnified playing it immediately after The Witcher.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by Saint of Killers » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:45 am

Hime wrote:I've wanted to play this for ages and I'm really tempted to pick it up on sale, the only thing putting me off is that I'm currently playing through The Witcher 3. Do you think it would be a bit much to try and play these two at the same time?


How far are you into Witcher 3? Do you have the two expansions? If you're only just starting/haven't touched the expansions: hold off for another sale, where it'll no doubt be cheaper than it is now.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Red Dead Redemption 2 - PC, PS4, XB
by gaminglegend » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:54 am

Zilnad wrote:Yes, and I'd say you shouldn't even try playing this until at least a few months after you're done with The Witcher, otherwise everything about RDR2 will pale in comparison.

Well it will anyway but the flaws will be magnified playing it immediately after The Witcher.


I don’t know. I’m playing Witcher after RD2 and finding it the other way. It’s a bit overwhelming in so much to do and it’s so free, I do kind of like the sort of linear approach Rockstar use. But everyone has different tastes :simper:

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cuttooth, Drej, Finiarél, Finish.Last, jawa, kazanova_Frankenstein, Samuel_1, Somebody Else's Problem and 201 guests