Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:54 pm

aayl1 wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:I feel bad posting this after you Chris, but it's our third wedding anniversary this weekend, I can't believe it's been that long already. I have a photo from our wedding day as my work pc desktop image, and it make me long for a day like that again, especially with not being able to travel at the moment.


I was looking forward to mine very much (was meant to be in April) but we brought it forward when things started to look like they were going tits up (needed to be married to start visa processes as the partner is a foreigner), so ended up doing it at the Town Hall with 2 witnesses only.

Hope we can do some sort of something to mark the occasion at some point!


Was this for your mrs staying here, or for you to move abroad, Aaron? We were very lucky in that my foreigner is a second generation Scot, so getting married wasn't a requirement for her to change her ancestry visa into permanent residency.

It's how I know she wasn't marrying me for a green card, and since I don't have any money it must be love. :lol:

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by aayl1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:22 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
aayl1 wrote:
I was looking forward to mine very much (was meant to be in April) but we brought it forward when things started to look like they were going tits up (needed to be married to start visa processes as the partner is a foreigner), so ended up doing it at the Town Hall with 2 witnesses only.

Hope we can do some sort of something to mark the occasion at some point!


Was this for your mrs staying here, or for you to move abroad, Aaron? We were very lucky in that my foreigner is a second generation Scot, so getting married wasn't a requirement for her to change her ancestry visa into permanent residency.

It's how I know she wasn't marrying me for a green card, and since I don't have any money it must be love. :lol:


It's for me to move there, actually - gonna return to her hometown of Chicago. But it can take about a year for the greencard to come through and it was looking like weddings would be gooseberry fool down for a little while so we pressed ahead with it.

She's actually got one of them German reperation passports coz her grandma was a Jew that had to flee to America in WW2 so she does have an EU passport (however long that it good for, eh?).

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Drumstick » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:10 pm

aayl1 wrote:It's for me to move there, actually - gonna return to her hometown of Chicago.

Have you seen the absolute state of America at the moment?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by aayl1 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:36 pm

Drumstick wrote:
aayl1 wrote:It's for me to move there, actually - gonna return to her hometown of Chicago.

Have you seen the absolute state of America at the moment?


Yeah but it's okay if you have money

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Tomous » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:16 pm

He's not wrong to be fair.

Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Christopher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:36 am

I just don't know how I can afford to move out at the moment, I still need to buy beds for the kids. I just want out of this hell but I might have to pull out of the place I am meant to be going to as I am about £500 short :cry:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 am

aayl1 wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
aayl1 wrote:It's for me to move there, actually - gonna return to her hometown of Chicago.

Have you seen the absolute state of America at the moment?


Yeah but it's okay if you're white and have money


FTFY

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:44 am


Last edited by Somebody Else's Problem on Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by <]:^D » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:46 am

SEP you legend

User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Christopher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:49 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
I'm setting up a GoFundMe.

EDIT:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/n95s7-help-c ... are-flow-1


Mate :cry: thank you

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Somebody Else's Problem » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:56 am

suzzopher wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
suzzopher wrote:I just don't know how I can afford to move out at the moment, I still need to buy beds for the kids, a new TV as she put my tv remote through the screen of the TV this morning, she can't afford to pay me for a new one. I just want out of this hell but I might have to pull out of the place I am meant to be going to as I am about £500 short :cry:


I'm setting up a GoFundMe.

EDIT:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/n95s7-help-c ... are-flow-1


Mate :cry: thank you


We're a community, and we help each other where we can.

Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Christopher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:57 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
suzzopher wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
suzzopher wrote:I just don't know how I can afford to move out at the moment, I still need to buy beds for the kids, a new TV as she put my tv remote through the screen of the TV this morning, she can't afford to pay me for a new one. I just want out of this hell but I might have to pull out of the place I am meant to be going to as I am about £500 short :cry:


I'm setting up a GoFundMe.

EDIT:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/n95s7-help-c ... are-flow-1


Mate :cry: thank you


We're a community, and we help each other where we can.


I literally cried when I saw that mate, thank you again.

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am

get an egg on me baby

these guys are lovely really, just dont start comparing playstations and xboxes

the nintendo babies are a lost cause

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by DarkRula » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am

As a community, we should indeed help each other. Hope my offering helps you.

Image
Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Christopher » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Well I moved out today, don’t think I’ve felt this broken in my life. Leon was so upset and it breaks my heart to see him so sad.

I know time is a healer but right now I can’t think that far ahead.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by DarkRula » Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:21 am

Think as far forward as you can manage, even if that's just the next few hours. And stay positive, looking for the positives that are hiding within the negatives.

Image
Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Christopher » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:49 am

Thing is I don’t think I can do this without her, she was my whole world for 15 years.

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:09 pm

you can bro

time marches on and these feelings become easier to deal with

it wont be easy, there will be bad times, nightmares, self doubt, grief, loneliness and all of that gooseberry fool - but you'll come out on the other end of it my dude

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by DarkRula » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:34 pm

You can do it. It will definitely be hard at first, but as you get comfortable with new surroundings, so too should such feelings ease.

Image
Image
User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Prototype » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:24 pm

suzzopher wrote:Thing is I don’t think I can do this without her, she was my whole world for 15 years.


If you felt any differently you wouldn't be human. We're not involved in your situation so we can tell you comfortably without any emotional investment that you absolutely will move on from this.

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595

Return to “Stuff”