Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
J. Vengeance
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by J. Vengeance » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:08 am

So i've been re-connecting with a lovely woman who I used to work with years ago, but I was too shy to say anything then (I was 18 and socially awkward compared to now where i'm 34 and.....less so) and we've been talking he and there.

I decided after a month to muster up the courage to ask her out on a date, what I got what a plethora of reasons why she didn't want too. She wants to work on herself after her last breakup and her priority is her daughter before she starts dating again, but then I got this gem at the end.

"I’d love to stay friends though"

Jesus, did I get a 1 way trip to the friendzone or should I just wait this out and still chat away :lol:

Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Albear » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:13 am

Sounds like she is not interested in you in that way im afraid. No reason you shouldnt stay friends if thats what you want but would suggest focusing elsewhere for anything more than that.

Happens to the best of us so wouldnt get down about it :D

User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Minty14 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:36 am

Well, if it were me, I'd be appreciative of the fact that another person enjoys interacting with me and accept that not all intersex social relationships have to end in romance or nothing.

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:37 am

well they dont >have< to but if he wanted to fucc then thats gonna be disappointing innit

he wasnt after a mate

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Tafdolphin » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:41 am

No such thing as the friendzone, she just isn't into you.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Minty14 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:48 am

False wrote:well they dont >have< to but if he wanted to fucc then thats gonna be disappointing innit

he wasnt after a mate

Yeah, but you gotta know when to take the L and either enjoy the friendship for what it is, or admit you don't have interest in her otherwise. You don't "wait it out". Friendships with females aren't all wars of attrition until they give in and suck your dick.

Last edited by Minty14 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:50 am

yeah I see what you mean

I’d bomb out tbh

Image
User avatar
J. Vengeance
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by J. Vengeance » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 pm

Yeah. I figured as much

I'm not really upset tbh, I'd have been more shocked if she yes :lol:

Back to square on I suppose.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

A childhood friend of mine was pulled out of the local canal right before our first dance on Monday. 28 years old. Not sure if it’s foul play or personal struggles as it sounds like money troubles were ongoing but the death is being treated as unexplained. We’d lost touch over the last few years but it’s felt like an absolute hammer blow. Can’t get the thought out of my head of us being so happy while he’s been getting fished out of the strawberry floating water.

Image Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:A childhood friend of mine was pulled out of the local canal right before our first dance on Monday. 28 years old. Not sure if it’s foul play or personal struggles as it sounds like money troubles were ongoing but the death is being treated as unexplained. We’d lost touch over the last few years but it’s felt like an absolute hammer blow. Can’t get the thought out of my head of us being so happy while he’s been getting fished out of the strawberry floating water.


gooseberry fool. I’m sorry to hear that mate. :cry:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Jenuall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:01 pm

gooseberry fool. That's horrible.

I think I'm really lucky to have got this far in life without having lost too many friends or close connections like that. Although that said I am really not in touch with most of the people I was friends with in childhood so some of them may be gone without me realising I guess. :cry:

ImageImage
User avatar
LightWanderer
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by LightWanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:17 pm

Here's a question. You talk to some hot guy online. Never met him in real life. Hit it off so schedule a date for a week from now. Before the date happens you're talking constantly online.

What the actual frick do you talk about when you do meet up in person? You can't exactly ask him the usual first date questions when you already know the answer..

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:19 pm

LightWanderer wrote:Here's a question. You talk to some hot guy online. Never met him in real life. Hit it off so schedule a date for a week from now. Before the date happens you're talking constantly online.

What the actual frick do you talk about when you do meet up in person? You can't exactly ask him the usual first date questions when you already know the answer..


First of all I’d stop saying “frick”. If you want to swear, then swear!

If you’ve been talking for ages then you should know if you have things in common, talk about what interests you both. Movies, games, books, Trump, pets, family, sex, art or whatever else.

User avatar
LightWanderer
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by LightWanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Moggy wrote:
LightWanderer wrote:Here's a question. You talk to some hot guy online. Never met him in real life. Hit it off so schedule a date for a week from now. Before the date happens you're talking constantly online.

What the actual frick do you talk about when you do meet up in person? You can't exactly ask him the usual first date questions when you already know the answer..


First of all I’d stop saying “frick”. If you want to swear, then swear!

If you’ve been talking for ages then you should know if you have things in common, talk about what interests you both. Movies, games, books, Trump, pets, family, sex, art or whatever else.


(1) Frick was a deliberate reference to the Sammy SonicFan meme

(2) Good advice. The one thing I'm wary of is if our conversation gets too casual maybe we'd end up seeming more like friends rather than someone we want a relationship with? Yes we need to be friendly with someone we want to date, but how do we keep the chemistry/excitement there instead of just seeming like "one of the lads", if that makes sense? I'm a little out of practice :lol:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:35 pm

LightWanderer wrote:
Moggy wrote:
LightWanderer wrote:Here's a question. You talk to some hot guy online. Never met him in real life. Hit it off so schedule a date for a week from now. Before the date happens you're talking constantly online.

What the actual frick do you talk about when you do meet up in person? You can't exactly ask him the usual first date questions when you already know the answer..


First of all I’d stop saying “frick”. If you want to swear, then swear!

If you’ve been talking for ages then you should know if you have things in common, talk about what interests you both. Movies, games, books, Trump, pets, family, sex, art or whatever else.


(1) Frick was a deliberate reference to the Sammy SonicFan meme

(2) Good advice. The one thing I'm wary of is if our conversation gets too casual maybe we'd end up seeming more like friends rather than someone we want a relationship with? Yes we need to be friendly with someone we want to date, but how do we keep the chemistry/excitement there instead of just seeming like "one of the lads", if that makes sense? I'm a little out of practice :lol:


1. I don’t want to know what a Sammy SonicFan meme is :dread:

2. Any serious relationship will be based around friendship. If you just want sex then there’s no real need to be friends, if you want a long term partner then I fail to see the issue.

User avatar
LightWanderer
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: AnOpenCasket
Location: Earth

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by LightWanderer » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Moggy wrote:Any serious relationship will be based around friendship. If you just want sex then there’s no real need to be friends, if you want a long term partner then I fail to see the issue.


Okay I'll take your word for it. It's just before I was talking to someone nonstop online. When we met in person I thought he was a really cool friend but I was no longer in any way attracted to him.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Tomous » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:17 pm

LightWanderer wrote:
Moggy wrote:Any serious relationship will be based around friendship. If you just want sex then there’s no real need to be friends, if you want a long term partner then I fail to see the issue.


Okay I'll take your word for it. It's just before I was talking to someone nonstop online. When we met in person I thought he was a really cool friend but I was no longer in any way attracted to him.


That’s just how it works out sometimes.

You’re massively overthinking this. Just see what happens.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by ITSMILNER » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:54 pm

Worst case, calm down on the chatter for now and just spam him with Sammy SonicFan memes.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:20 pm

Plough him now and worry about technicalities later.

Image
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by pjbetman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm

LightWanderer wrote:
Moggy wrote:Any serious relationship will be based around friendship. If you just want sex then there’s no real need to be friends, if you want a long term partner then I fail to see the issue.


Okay I'll take your word for it. It's just before I was talking to someone nonstop online. When we met in person I thought he was a really cool friend but I was no longer in any way attracted to him.


Damn. You just friend zoned him haha


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, Cuttooth, Finish.Last, Heskimo, Lex-Man, Photek, Raydon4, Senor_Coconut, Tsunade, TV Dinner, VlaSoul, wensleydale, Zaichik and 60 guests