Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Tomous » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Sounds like you’ve reached the best decision for you to both move forward and are being very mature and fair about it. The best outcome possible from a bad situation by the sounds for it.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Mature and making adult decisions is the new me...

Okay, maybe not all the time. :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Gemini73 wrote:Mature and making adult decisions is the new me...


Forum meltdown by 20 January: CONFIRMED

;)

Seriously though I’m glad you’re doing better and have sorted your life out.

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:Mature and making adult decisions is the new me...


Forum meltdown by 20 January: CONFIRMED

;)

Seriously though I’m glad you’re doing better and have sorted your life out.


Thanks, Moggy.

I've been quite successful in avoiding meltdowns of recent. It's simply not healthy for me or anyone around me. In the real world or online.

I look back on 2019 with a WTF was going on!? Now I know and can and have been tackling it, properly this time.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:43 pm

After 16 years (of a 20 year relationship) today is my last day at the family home. A mixture of sadness and excitement is the general feeling for me.

Gave the kids a cuddle before heading into work, saying I'd see them Tuesday for tea. "Hotdogs!" Was the request. Their wish will be granted.

I'm so pleased they're okay with the change, it could've been a lot worse. Very proud of them both. Guess I didn't do a bad job my end in raising them.

Last thing I packed? The PS4 Pro. :slol:

A new chapter beckons. Best foot forward.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by <]:^D » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:15 pm

good luck bud - we're always here for you

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:51 pm

Cheers. Got a couple of cans at home so on my return from work tonight I'm going to toast the old games room, (which save for the PC is now sadly bare) and listen to a few tunes.

In a way the new flat will be a games room with added bathroom and bedroom. :lol:

User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Mini E » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 pm

Best wishes, Gemini.

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:20 pm

Rocking Around the Mini E wrote:Best wishes, Gemini.


Thanks, mate. 8-)

User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:36 pm

These two are the most important people in my life. My daughters Molly (Harley Quinn) & Lucy (Wednesday Addams*) :wub:


(*After much laughing I did eventually get Lucy to look miserable for a photo as Wednesday should be!)

I'm happy that the wife and I can remain good friends for their continued happiness.

Image

User avatar
ianfianf
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Prototype

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by ianfianf » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:21 pm

Gemini73 wrote:After 16 years (of a 20 year relationship) today is my last day at the family home. A mixture of sadness and excitement is the general feeling for me.

Gave the kids a cuddle before heading into work, saying I'd see them Tuesday for tea. "Hotdogs!" Was the request. Their wish will be granted.

I'm so pleased they're okay with the change, it could've been a lot worse. Very proud of them both. Guess I didn't do a bad job my end in raising them.

Last thing I packed? The PS4 Pro. :slol:

A new chapter beckons. Best foot forward.


I hope all goes well. Glad the kids are in good spirits. (Its proto btw :lol: )

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Id been chatting with a girl on tinder for a while and went to see a film tonight and told her I was watching a film and would be a few hours

she straight up just unmatched me

honestly the strangest and funniest thing that has happened to me on there, Ive never been so utterly bewildered

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Tomous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:47 am

False wrote:Id been chatting with a girl on tinder for a while and went to see a film tonight and told her I was watching a film and would be a few hours

she straight up just unmatched me

honestly the strangest and funniest thing that has happened to me on there, Ive never been so utterly bewildered



Did you tell her you were going to see Star Wars....?

Image
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:58 am

No I don’t think I did

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Merry Christmous Everyone wrote:
False wrote:Id been chatting with a girl on tinder for a while and went to see a film tonight and told her I was watching a film and would be a few hours

she straight up just unmatched me

honestly the strangest and funniest thing that has happened to me on there, Ive never been so utterly bewildered



Did you tell her you were going to see Star Wars....?


No he said he was watching “Anal Rapist: Volume 3”.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:38 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Merry Christmous Everyone wrote:
False wrote:Id been chatting with a girl on tinder for a while and went to see a film tonight and told her I was watching a film and would be a few hours

she straight up just unmatched me

honestly the strangest and funniest thing that has happened to me on there, Ive never been so utterly bewildered



Did you tell her you were going to see Star Wars....?


No he said he was watching “Anal Rapist: Volume 3”.


Image

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Moggy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:40 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Merry Christmous Everyone wrote:
False wrote:Id been chatting with a girl on tinder for a while and went to see a film tonight and told her I was watching a film and would be a few hours

she straight up just unmatched me

honestly the strangest and funniest thing that has happened to me on there, Ive never been so utterly bewildered



Did you tell her you were going to see Star Wars....?


No he said he was watching “Anal Rapist: Volume 3”.


Image


Image

Image
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by False » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:48 pm

the girl from last night actually went to the trouble of finding me and rematching me

LADS

Image
User avatar
Gemini73
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Gemini73 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:04 pm

ianfianf wrote:
Gemini73 wrote:After 16 years (of a 20 year relationship) today is my last day at the family home. A mixture of sadness and excitement is the general feeling for me.

Gave the kids a cuddle before heading into work, saying I'd see them Tuesday for tea. "Hotdogs!" Was the request. Their wish will be granted.

I'm so pleased they're okay with the change, it could've been a lot worse. Very proud of them both. Guess I didn't do a bad job my end in raising them.

Last thing I packed? The PS4 Pro. :slol:

A new chapter beckons. Best foot forward.


I hope all goes well. Glad the kids are in good spirits. (Its proto btw :lol: )


Cheers! All moved in now and almost sorted. Kids came over today. They were a bit out of sorts at first, sheepish even, but to be expected. We had tea and soon they seemed happy enough. They'll get used to it in time, certainly as the place becomes more lived in. I'm seeing them Monday then week Sunday I'm going to cook them roast dinner and then watch a home movie with popcorn. They enjoy that sort of thing.

User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Relationship Thread V3 + Fade Broke Up With His Tortoise :(
by Rocsteady » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:24 pm

False wrote:the girl from last night actually went to the trouble of finding me and rematching me

LADS

I didn't even realise that was possible

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chanticleer, Lex-Man, Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, Qikz, Ste, Vermilion, Yoshimi, Zaichik, Zilnad and 62 guests