Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:51 am

No post again today, this is cruel.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:03 am

Can't even get past the first zombie encounter on inferno at the gate. They're insanely aggressive and stupidly fast bullet sponges, you have five bullets in your gun and if you're not quick enough, there are two of them. I still can't work the dodging very well to get around the one that covers you either, and there is still another two set of zombies to get through before the first save point. This will be a slog. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Wedgie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:45 am

Standard Playthrough completed: Rank C. Not bad for first try!

This game is amazing. I've unlocked the shop, and I see the Infinite Rocket Launcher. :nod:

I can see a lot of replay value.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:02 am

Wedgie wrote:Standard Playthrough completed: Rank C. Not bad for first try!

This game is amazing. I've unlocked the shop, and I see the Infinite Rocket Launcher. :nod:

I can see a lot of replay value.


You'll most likely need to spam the weapon kill challenges to be able to afford it - it's worth getting the health and recovery amulets first and working out from there.

EDIT: Finally made it past that first section of the game. I'm happy to admit that I'm doing Inferno with the infinite ammo rocket launcher and the iron defence/health recovery coins because it is absolutely strawberry floating insane. I know a dude who could probably do it legitimately with a bit of practice, but even he'll have a tough time.

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Wedgie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:01 pm

Assisted Playthrough Completed: Rank B.

Managed to get a few trophies out of the way (only use one health recovery, finish fuses challenge under 5 minutes, collect all collectibles/upgrades/files/locksmith.)

Now going to grind for the kills.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm

Final Nemesis has an insta-kill attack on the harder levels where he slaps you three times in quick succession. It's very cheap and irritating as the only way to avoid it is with a quick-dodge and even that doesn't always work.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:02 pm

And finished. Breathe. 1000/1000 on my first Resident Evil. :D

Just got a couple of the kill related challenges to mop up and then I'll blast out a speedy S Rank on standard mode just to sort out the results page(currently reads S, C, S, S, S :lol: ) and then I'll be done with the game.

Image
User avatar
Zilnad
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Zilnad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:13 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:And finished. Breathe. 1000/1000 on my first Resident Evil. :D

Just got a couple of the kill related challenges to mop up and then I'll blast out a speedy S Rank on standard mode just to sort out the results page(currently reads S, C, S, S, S :lol: ) and then I'll be done with the game.


You didn't platinum Resident Evil 2?!

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:18 pm

Zilnad wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:And finished. Breathe. 1000/1000 on my first Resident Evil. :D

Just got a couple of the kill related challenges to mop up and then I'll blast out a speedy S Rank on standard mode just to sort out the results page(currently reads S, C, S, S, S :lol: ) and then I'll be done with the game.


You didn't platinum Resident Evil 2?!


I don’t have it on PS4, so no. ;)

Serious answer - I’ve got all the achievements on the base game but I never had the patience to do that irritating 100 zombie survival mode in the DLC which was rubbish and I hate it.

I’m only missing one achievement each in 0, 2 and 4, and four in REMake so I will one day need to go back and mop all of them up.

Image
User avatar
Ploiper
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Ploiper » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:09 pm

just beat it for the first time, and did it without the magnum. had to look up where it was, now feel silly for not getting it.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:17 pm

It really strawberry floating sucks just being stuck in limbo with this.

Minor compared to everything going on of course. But just waiting day after day with no idea when or if it will even arrive.

The Game Collection have credited my account with £3.50 in reward points but even so I just want the bloody game.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Buffalo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:22 pm

Should have went digital mate.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Wedgie » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:29 pm

Hardcore playthrough: S

01:12:51. :cool:

It’s spelling B-C-S.

I love this game. It’s not as good as RE2 but it’s superb. Still haven’t touched that MP game.

If you just want to play it once, then it isn’t good value if you haven’t got any interest in playing MP.

Last edited by Wedgie on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:30 pm

Buffalo wrote:Should have went digital mate.


Shyamalan twist - he's taking delivery of a download code.

Image
User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Wedgie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:19 am

Nightmare difficulty completed! The final boss isn’t a pushover in this one. Cheap move combos that can kill you . S Rank naturally.

The Inferno difficulty next!

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:46 am

Wedgie wrote:Nightmare difficulty completed! The final boss isn’t a pushover in this one. Cheap move combos that can kill you . S Rank naturally.

The Inferno difficulty next!


It’s that triple slap combo that takes you out right away, isn’t it? I hated that and it’s no more fun on Inferno either.

I’ve finished off all the challenges now, and unlocked everything from the shop. Don’t prioritise the Rai-Den weapon but it is fun for popping zombie heads.

The concept art and character models are a really nice extra in this, I’ve enjoyed looking at them.

Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Captain Kinopio » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 am

Postman arrives at door, first time I’ve seen him in a week. Sweet mercy.

Puts letter for landlord through door and leaves.


FUCKBALLS!

All online sellers have jacked their prices up too. Shopto by £10 from this time last week.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:51 am

Unlucky mate. Might be time to swallow the pride, cancel the order and go digital?

Image
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Captain Kinopio » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:48 pm

I can’t cancel the order. Have asked thegamecollection when I can get a refund, as soon as they offer me one I’ll buy it digital.

User avatar
Wedgie
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Resident Evil 3 Remake | PS4, Xbox One, PC | April 3rd 2020
by Wedgie » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:11 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Nightmare difficulty completed! The final boss isn’t a pushover in this one. Cheap move combos that can kill you . S Rank naturally.

The Inferno difficulty next!


It’s that triple slap combo that takes you out right away, isn’t it? I hated that and it’s no more fun on Inferno either.

I’ve finished off all the challenges now, and unlocked everything from the shop. Don’t prioritise the Rai-Den weapon but it is fun for popping zombie heads.

The concept art and character models are a really nice extra in this, I’ve enjoyed looking at them.


Yeah it's that move.Pain in the arse. I don't know why Jill can't strawberry floating roll out of the way. She had to get up first, ffs.

Captain Kinopio wrote:I can’t cancel the order. Have asked thegamecollection when I can get a refund, as soon as they offer me one I’ll buy it digital.


Would recommend using CDkeys to get a £50 top up voucher for £42.99, if you manage to have it refunded from thegamecollection.

Image

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.


Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Balladeer, Cuttooth, DaveDS, Finish.Last, Frank, ITSMILNER, Mafro, OldSoulCyborg, Peter Crisp, Robbo-92, Saint of Killers, Squinty, Tsunade, zXe and 122 guests