Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:04 pm

Time for some more SunhiLegend gifs...


► Link


► Link


They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Rex Kramer » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:44 pm

I was having a play with the photo mode last night, it's a really fantastic addition. Damn this game is pretty.

Image

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Victor Mildew » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Had a great session on this yesterday, will post about it later. Getting in to it now.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Patch 1.30 out now. (According to US PS Blog.) Adds a whole bunch of stuff:

Progression fixes
NG+
Ultra Hard Difficulty
Adept level gear and weaponry
Two new trophies for NG+, as well as facepaint and ability to change the wee Focus gadget she wears. (I think these will be made available as you progress through NG+.)

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07 ... ulty-more/

GG Guerilla.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Rex Kramer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:02 pm

That Ravager cannon :datass:

User avatar
T9Flake
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: In front of a PC
Contact:

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by T9Flake » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:11 am

Rex Kramer wrote:I was having a play with the photo mode last night, it's a really fantastic addition. Damn this game is pretty.

Image



It certainly is.

Here's some of mine (spoilered as there's a few)

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Tafdolphin » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:52 am

Rex Kramer wrote:That Ravager cannon :datass:


Yup.

I think my only real issue with the game was the difficulty bend towards the end. By the time you're fully levelled up (which I did way before the end, and without completing all the sidequests) all the dinos are fair game. Even the Thunderjaws and [insert name of big bird one here]. The gameplay hit a perfect balance somewhere around the middle, where you could still take the bigger beasties on but had to rely on planning and skill to beat them rather than immediately tying them down and spamming them with super-arrows.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Gemini73

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Gemini73 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Traded in a tonne of games and movies today so I picked HZD with some of the credit. Time to see what all the fuss is about.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Victor Mildew » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:46 am

I'm right at the end of this now. Just mopping up all the side stuff before I tackle what I believe to be the last mission. As I'm playing on very hard, I can see some of the hunting grounds being really tough to get top score on.

Took a beautiful time lapse and thought I'd try the share factory gif maker for the first time. It compressed it to this :dread:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:14 am

Yeah, it's gif maker isn't great. You're better off exporting and turning it into a gif yourself. If you cba.

They're over there, by their theremin.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Victor Mildew » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Just finished this. It took me LONG time to really get into it, but from the last 3rd of the game I was hooked and loved it.

Great stuff.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Rex Kramer » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 am

I pretty much usually play PS4 once everyone else in the house has gone to bed and therefore have the TV on pretty quiet. So this last weekend I bought some new headphones, I really fancied the Sony Gold ones but some of the reviews were a bit sketchy with regards sound quality and build quality. In the end I decided to go with a pair of HyperX Cloud IIs. Wow, the sound on Horizon is absolutely strawberry floating incredible. When I first switched them on I thought there was some kind of low level hissing/humming but that was the wind in the game as I was at the top of a mountain. The combat is now about 20x more intense purely down to the music combined with the effects. I'm 30 odd hours in and it feels like a different game now.

NickSCFC

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by NickSCFC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 pm


Gemini73

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Gemini73 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 am

Digital Foundry's articles are often the best features on Eurogamer.

Some of the Xbro comments below the article calling HZD "ugly" though... :fp: :lol:

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Tafdolphin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:28 am

What world do those people live in? In no context is HZD an ugly game. I mean, even if you hate the style it's landscapes and lighting effects are glorious.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Gemini73

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Gemini73 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:45 am

Tafdolphin wrote:What world do those people live in? In no context is HZD an ugly game. I mean, even if you hate the style it's landscapes and lighting effects are glorious.


That's EG for you. They even encourage such rampent fuckwittery from the fanboys to generate those clicks. Like I said the other day, aside from DF and the occasional good article the site has become another IGN.

DF are popular enough to go it alone, which they really should.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Tafdolphin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 am

Gemini73 wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:What world do those people live in? In no context is HZD an ugly game. I mean, even if you hate the style it's landscapes and lighting effects are glorious.


That's EG for you. They even encourage such rampent fuckwittery from the fanboys to generate those clicks. Like I said the other day, aside from DF and the occasional good article the site has become another IGN.

DF are popular enough to go it alone, which they really should.


Eh, I really like the video content they're producing these days (especially the deep dives from Chris Bratt) and the majority of the reviews are still great. I haven't visited the main site in years though, I just grab links from twitter.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
Gemini73

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Gemini73 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am

The main site is pretty awful these days. Hardly any reviews, tonnes of click bait articles designed to drive ad revenue, shoehorning their political views into as many articles as they can, etc. For the most part it's not much more than a publisher approved blog compared to what it used to be. The occasional good article comes through, but it's rare. DF is Eurogamer's strongest asset from a readers point of view.

Obviously I still visit for those rare good articles and DF, but I deleted my account a few months back.

Anyway, steering back on topic HDZ is a stunning looking game. I've not begun my own copy as yet, but I have watched a friend play it on his Pro. It's even better in motion. I just have to find the time to start playing it myself.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Tafdolphin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:42 am

Gemini73 wrote:The main site is pretty awful these days. Hardly any reviews, tonnes of click bait articles designed to drive ad revenue, shoehorning their political views into as many articles as they can, etc. For the most part it's not much more than a publisher approved blog compared to what it used to be. The occasional good article comes through, but it's rare. DF is Eurogamer's strongest asset from a readers point of view.

Obviously I still visit for those rare good articles and DF, but I deleted my account a few months back.

Anyway, steering back on topic HDZ is a stunning looking game. I've not begun my own copy as yet, but I have watched a friend play it on his Pro. It's even better in motion. I just have to find the time to start playing it myself.


I know this is a derail, but I'd be interested in what this is referring to?

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Horizon: Zero Dawn | PS4 | Guerrilla Games
by Saint of Killers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:47 am

I really like EG'S Here's a thing videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Eurogamer/ ... 7s+a+thing




They're over there, by their theremin.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HaruKazuhira, JediDragon05, jiggles, kazanova_Frankenstein, Met, OldSoulCyborg, Poser, Tsunade and 36 guests