Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Rubix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:57 am

Will be interesting to see how they do the battle system. Sure they will step away from turn based. Just hope they keep the materia system

Gamufi forever :wub:
PLAY | Tales of Vesperia, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
WATCH | SAS Who Dares Wins S1
READ | [b] David Jason Only Fools and Stories, [a] The Stand
User avatar
Schumi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Schumi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:39 am

Yes! Yes! Yes!

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by That's not a growth » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:42 am

Rubix wrote:Will be interesting to see how they do the battle system. Sure they will step away from turn based. Just hope they keep the materia system


It's not FF VII without materia, so I bloody hope so.

I'm very excited over this. With it being a 'timed' exclusive is the other platform PC?

bear
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by bear » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:44 am

That's not a growth wrote:
Rubix wrote:Will be interesting to see how they do the battle system. Sure they will step away from turn based. Just hope they keep the materia system


It's not FF VII without materia, so I bloody hope so.

I'm very excited over this. With it being a 'timed' exclusive is the other platform PC?


They were saying first on PlayStation. I'd be shocked if it doesn't end up on Xboxone and PC as well.

User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Dig Dug » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:45 am

The only reason I can see them skipping xbone is because Xbone doesn't sell in Japan and because they'll end up with a repeat of the XIII fiasco where everyone complained about the xbox version being far inferior.

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Rubix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:50 am

Spoilers Aerith dies :slol:

Imagen what they will do with her death though :shock:

Gamufi forever :wub:
PLAY | Tales of Vesperia, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
WATCH | SAS Who Dares Wins S1
READ | [b] David Jason Only Fools and Stories, [a] The Stand
User avatar
Dig Dug
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Dig Dug » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 am

I hope they go full REmake on this and mess with everyone's expectations by making small changes to stuff.

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:56 am

Really hope they don't change the battle system, there is nothing wrong with turn based!

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
User avatar
Schumi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (first on PS4)
by Schumi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:02 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:The trailer itself was all over the place. First it was talking like the events of 7 were in the past, then it claimed "they are coming back." Still, who cares. Looked amazing, even if it was CG.

That's because the voice over was talking about the original game and what happened in it, and 'they are coming back' is then the big reveal they're remaking it?

User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Frank » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:04 pm

Ban request for Rubix :x

Image
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (first on PS4)
by Buffalo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Schumi wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:The trailer itself was all over the place. First it was talking like the events of 7 were in the past, then it claimed "they are coming back." Still, who cares. Looked amazing, even if it was CG.

That's because the voice over was talking about the original game and what happened in it, and 'they are coming back' is then the big reveal they're remaking it?


I'm fairly sure the voice was describing the Jenova Reunion. A lot of what he says just so happens to 'fit', so to speak.

User avatar
Schumi
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (first on PS4)
by Schumi » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Buffalo wrote:
Schumi wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:The trailer itself was all over the place. First it was talking like the events of 7 were in the past, then it claimed "they are coming back." Still, who cares. Looked amazing, even if it was CG.

That's because the voice over was talking about the original game and what happened in it, and 'they are coming back' is then the big reveal they're remaking it?


I'm fairly sure the voice was describing the Jenova Reunion. A lot of what he says just so happens to 'fit', so to speak.

Yeah, the voiceover was making it sound like he was talking about the game, whilst actually referring to the wait for the remake of FF7.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Fade » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:00 pm

yeah, 90% sure the voice over was just talking about the game, in a kind of poetic way.

"Now the promise has been made" for example, was referring to the trailer as a declaration to make the game.

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Rubix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Frank wrote:Ban request for Rubix :x



Mwahahahahaha :twisted:

Hope they redo the soundtrack and not use Advent Children music like they have on the trailer

Gamufi forever :wub:
PLAY | Tales of Vesperia, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
WATCH | SAS Who Dares Wins S1
READ | [b] David Jason Only Fools and Stories, [a] The Stand
User avatar
PCCD
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by PCCD » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:41 pm

Dig Dug wrote:I hope they go full REmake on this and mess with everyone's expectations by making small changes to stuff.


They'd be flayed alive if they fixed the grammar errors let alone pull a REmake. :lol:

The Holly and Delusi wrote:PENALTY: Blatant lies. Five minutes in the Sin Bin.
User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by FatDaz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:21 pm

My biggest hope is they keep the turn based materia combat. If they want to "exercise creative freedom" then they can go nuts on the locations and environments. The music can be modernised but keep the general theme, no J-pop or other crap. I do worry about file size. To have modern HD environments and still have full scene to scene remake is going to take a HUGE amount of work and monster file size. I'm guessing they will include full speech too.

Really excited but it's one hell of a task they have ahead of them

User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Rubix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:26 pm

All they need to do is to keep it the same, don't touch the story line, don't touch the materia battle system, add side quests and i'll accept monster hunts :shifty:

Maybe add a new Weapon, music to be updated not changed

Gamufi forever :wub:
PLAY | Tales of Vesperia, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
WATCH | SAS Who Dares Wins S1
READ | [b] David Jason Only Fools and Stories, [a] The Stand
User avatar
T9Flake
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: In front of a PC
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by T9Flake » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:33 pm

Rubix wrote:All they need to do is to keep it the same, don't touch the story line, don't touch the materia battle system, add side quests and i'll accept monster hunts :shifty:

Maybe add a new Weapon, music to be updated not changed


Fusion Swords so Cloud can do Omnislash v6

User avatar
Mr Luke
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Mr Luke » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 pm

I've never played a Final Fantasy game. Is this likely to be a game that I can just jump into? Always wanted to get into FF.

Back in business after a lengthy absence from gaming and Grcade.
Recently got myself a PS4 with FIFA15, TLOU, DriveClub and MW:AW.
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4 timed exclusive)
by Rubix » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Mr Luke wrote:I've never played a Final Fantasy game. Is this likely to be a game that I can just jump into? Always wanted to get into FF.


All the numbered games are completely separate, so you could pick up FF15 without playing any of the others

Gamufi forever :wub:
PLAY | Tales of Vesperia, Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle
WATCH | SAS Who Dares Wins S1
READ | [b] David Jason Only Fools and Stories, [a] The Stand

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cumberdanes, gaminglegend, HaruKazuhira, Kanbei, lardycol, OldSoulCyborg, Robbo-92, TonyDA and 64 guests