Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by DarkRula » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Flameheart appearing over an island is a random thing, like the skulls that indicate raids on forts that are active. I think there's a voyage you can buy to make him appear (or simulate such) but once he is beaten, he usually stays away for an hour or more. No idea on the exact amount of time.

Image
Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:52 pm

Cool, thanks. Think i'm going to try a Tall Tale tonight. Not sure how long the first one is, or if it has check pointing, but this is always an issue for me anyway (fitting play sessions in) so might as well give it a go.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Photek » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:01 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Cool, thanks. Think i'm going to try a Tall Tale tonight. Not sure how long the first one is, or if it has check pointing, but this is always an issue for me anyway (fitting play sessions in) so might as well give it a go.

It has checkpointing but I hope you're good with navigation and a compass. :shifty:

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:29 pm

Photek wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Cool, thanks. Think i'm going to try a Tall Tale tonight. Not sure how long the first one is, or if it has check pointing, but this is always an issue for me anyway (fitting play sessions in) so might as well give it a go.

It has checkpointing but I hope you're good with navigation and a compass. :shifty:


I’m probably the worst person in the world for this. Seriously. I take it this is in regard to the quests rather than the check pointing specifically?

I managed to do my first Reaper Chest hand in today! Weaving through potentially dangerous enemies and swimming for shore with the chest was exhilarating stuff!

Loving the ambience of this game.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Photek » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:37 pm

A lot of the quests need you to find a sunken galleon or treasure based on directions like ‘south west’ of snake island for example.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:50 pm

That’s cool, should add a bit of variation and depth. Will be nice to mix it up.

Image
Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:08 pm

These tall tales are great. Also got a message in a bottle, looks like a fun riddle to solve.

Someone boarded my ship and was friendly, they even gave me some shark meat before wishing me luck and to have fun. Moored up at a jetty and sold some wares, came back and some one had set my ship on fire. Great stuff!

Image
Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:05 am

For any lapsed players who's gaming is limited by not being able to use voice chat - i understand that the non verbal radials have been updated for context related dialogue according to what you are holding. You just press B when the ring is popped out (something something no context), and then pick a suitable prompt.

I am absolutely loving this. Finding caves with some lore in, seeing people sailing in the distance, almost being eaten by sharks when you don't know that "that's a thing"..... really cool.

Content update today, hopefully servers back to life this evening so i can resume my Shroud breaker tall tale (i think i know which island i am supposed to be finding the treasure off of now....)

Image
Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Monkey Man » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:28 pm




Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by Photek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:07 pm

Wow! :o :wub:

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:37 pm

The desire to buy that Cat outfit is high.

I guess Skull Sweeps it is tonight then.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by Photek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:18 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:The desire to buy that Cat outfit is high.

I guess Skull Sweeps it is tonight then.

yup, do you have a pet then? I have a monkey, and one in game :slol:

(you prob know this but) you can find skulls in sea wrecks (indicated by lots of birds flying overhead) and with loot barrels (indicated by a few birds flying over head).

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Pedz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:33 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:These tall tales are great. Also got a message in a bottle, looks like a fun riddle to solve.

Someone boarded my ship and was friendly, they even gave me some shark meat before wishing me luck and to have fun. Moored up at a jetty and sold some wares, came back and some one had set my ship on fire. Great stuff!


I really enjoyed the Tall Tales, but the bosses. OMG they are strawberry floating awful. AWFUL!

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Photek » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:40 pm

Pedz wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:These tall tales are great. Also got a message in a bottle, looks like a fun riddle to solve.

Someone boarded my ship and was friendly, they even gave me some shark meat before wishing me luck and to have fun. Moored up at a jetty and sold some wares, came back and some one had set my ship on fire. Great stuff!


I really enjoyed the Tall Tales, but the bosses. OMG they are strawberry floating awful. AWFUL!

Are they similar to the Fort Bosses? cos they take an AGE to kill.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players.
by Pedz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:54 pm

Photek wrote:
Pedz wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:These tall tales are great. Also got a message in a bottle, looks like a fun riddle to solve.

Someone boarded my ship and was friendly, they even gave me some shark meat before wishing me luck and to have fun. Moored up at a jetty and sold some wares, came back and some one had set my ship on fire. Great stuff!


I really enjoyed the Tall Tales, but the bosses. OMG they are strawberry floating awful. AWFUL!

Are they similar to the Fort Bosses? cos they take an AGE to kill.



The last fort captain I killed wasn't too bad, but the TT Bosses took literally ages. I think myself, Matt and Grum were trying to kill each 1 for like an hour or so, and you die more often as they do weird magic ground pounds and vanish/teleport and gooseberry fool like that. Not fun.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:13 pm

That’s disappointing. I will stick with it and see how I fare. And no, I don’t have a pet yet, but if I keep playing I’m happy to pick up some ancient coins as the games was “free”. Thanks for the tips on skulls - I did not know this.

Image
Image
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by Pedz » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:16 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:That’s disappointing. I will stick with it and see how I fare. And no, I don’t have a pet yet, but if I keep playing I’m happy to pick up some ancient coins as the games was “free”. Thanks for the tips on skulls - I did not know this.

The bosses are gooseberry fool, but don't get discouraged as some of the Tall Tales really are brilliant.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:20 pm

I just found myself without a quest item for chapter 3 of the shroudbreaker quest, tried to restart the checkpoint and somehow lost all my progress. My fault I’m sure, but I can’t go through all of that again.
I think it would be great in multiplayer (im certain in fact), but I’m finding single player just too frustrating. It’s a shame, and I think it could be one of my all time favourite games if I had a group to play with on a regular basis, but as it stands I’m just turning in to a nervous, paranoid wreck!

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by Photek » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:05 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:I just found myself without a quest item for chapter 3 of the shroudbreaker quest, tried to restart the checkpoint and somehow lost all my progress. My fault I’m sure, but I can’t go through all of that again.
I think it would be great in multiplayer (im certain in fact), but I’m finding single player just too frustrating. It’s a shame, and I think it could be one of my all time favourite games if I had a group to play with on a regular basis, but as it stands I’m just turning in to a nervous, paranoid wreck!

:lol: Really? believe it or not you kinda get used to it.

I wouldn't recommend DayZ, when I see another player deep into the map I used to hyperventilate, I'd be shaking because in DayZ you lose EVERYTHING when you die! Now with the advent of modded servers (loot and guns more frequent) I relish running into other players and the gun fights in DayZ elevate it above all others for the sheer tension.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Sea of Thieves (XB1/Win10/Steam) - Over 15m players. Ashen Lords update (p61)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 pm

Went back and completed the first tall tale. Really enjoyed it!

Image
Image

Return to “Games”