Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DML
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by DML » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:12 am

Sorry I'm only just getting to post about what I received, wanted to do it properly. I received a box with several individually wrapped parcels, starting with a lovely card.

When I opened the first parcel I was genuinely astonished to find a Lobo tee shirt based on a logo I made ages ago. Lobo is my poker lucky mascot (AND he's been very lucky this year indeed, driving me to nearly £10,000 in profit) and I absolutely cannot wait to endear the tee shirt when I defend my championship in a week. What a wonderful thoughtful gift. Lobo has been provided for reference. :wub:

Image

I also recieved;

A Ridley Amiibo
Splatoon and GRCade decals
Roses chocolates (great choice, massively underrated!)
A commerative stamp of the 1939 Portsmouth FA Cup win.
AND a book on the early history of television.

What a great selection of great gifts. Thank you Secret Santa. :wub:

*sigh* Shame I have to throw it all out.

Image

Image
User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by KjGarly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:15 am

Sleighamorph wrote:
Hans Bubby wrote:Thank you very much Laga for my amazing presents :wub:

Actually almost finished Luigi's Mansion now though :slol:

And thank you Cora for organising it :msgreen:

You're welcome!

There's actually another present still to come, it was supposed to release on 20th December but Amazon mailed me on the 21st to say the release date had been pushed back to 3rd January.


And thanks to you NBK!


Holy gooseberry fool, wow thank you. Better clear some space in the wheelie bin then! :lol:

I have a hospital appointment on Wednesday 3rd so will make the day even more exciting :toot:

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Cheeky Devlin » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:28 am

Banjo wrote:Pretty sure I know who sent it, we should grab a drink sometime! Frankly you could have hand delivered it, didn't come from far away. :lol:

I thought you'd probably twig it was me when you saw the post code on the back and that it was posted in Glasgow. She wanted me to put my name on it as well, but there wouldn't have been much of a secret at that point. :lol:

Glad you liked it though man. I nearly bought you a game, but it's always hard to guess what someone has or might get for Christmas, so I thought the controller and eShop voucher gave you more flexibility.

Definitely need to take you up on that drink sometime though!

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by NBK » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:59 am

Sleighamorph wrote:
Hans Bubby wrote:Thank you very much Laga for my amazing presents :wub:

Actually almost finished Luigi's Mansion now though :slol:

And thank you Cora for organising it :msgreen:

You're welcome!

There's actually another present still to come, it was supposed to release on 20th December but Amazon mailed me on the 21st to say the release date had been pushed back to 3rd January.


And thanks to you NBK!


You're welcome too :)

Glad the t-shirt was ok, and I hope you like the book, it was a very tenuous link to all your posts in the Brexit thread ;) I met the author a few weeks ago so you'll see a wee scribble from him if you look inside.

And I'm glad you like the chocolate too, I'm more of a fruit and nut man myself though :D

Clarkman, thanks so much for the Lego, whisky and mug! The mug has held many cups of tea already, I'm saving the whisky for bells on Hogmanay and I'm planning on building the Lego when I get some time to myself this afternoon (dat sweet, sweet empty house feeling).

Cheers for organising all this, Cora, always lovely to take part in :wub:

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Moggy » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:06 am

Garly you generous spunk dunker. :wub:

User avatar
LewisD
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by LewisD » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:21 am

Mini E :wub:

Thank you ever so much! I'm over the moon with it.

It does need to be addressed though that my card was wrong. I am not likeable ;) :lol:

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by KjGarly » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:30 am

Your welcome Minge Muncher :slol:

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Mini E
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Mini E » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:08 am

Bill Clay wrote:Mini E :wub:

Thank you ever so much! I'm over the moon with it.

It does need to be addressed though that my card was wrong. I am not likeable ;) :lol:


You’re welcome mate :) presents weren’t overly imaginative I’m afraid but glad they seem to be popular :) Merry Christmas!

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Jenuall » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Delivery attempted on my parcel today.

ImageImage
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Denster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:32 pm

No it wasn't. I've been in all day.


https://www.instagram.com/p/Br7zaWJhzaU ... n5gmt4ipcl

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Tsunade » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Jenuall has upset santa.

Image
Image
User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by False » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Dowbocop wrote:I haven't got mine either, but when I signed up I gave Cora a message for my Santa that I would be away for Christmas so they shouldn't bust a nut trying to get it out to me if time was tight as I was happy to get it in January.


I wasnt actually aware of this, hopefully the post office keep hold of it - I believe they only do so for 7 days so you might be cutting it close

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Lagamorph » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:32 pm

False wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:I haven't got mine either, but when I signed up I gave Cora a message for my Santa that I would be away for Christmas so they shouldn't bust a nut trying to get it out to me if time was tight as I was happy to get it in January.


I wasnt actually aware of this, hopefully the post office keep hold of it - I believe they only do so for 7 days so you might be cutting it close

I think Royal Mail hold things for 18 days before returning to sender.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Denster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:47 pm

So I've got a missed delivery card that's been posted under my door. I've been in all day. What the strawberry float. They've obviously pressed the wrong flat number and been let into the building by one of my neighbours. Looks like they've tried to leave it with them then changed their minds and took it to the local post office. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

User avatar
False
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by False » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:18 pm

Sleighamorph wrote:
False wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:I haven't got mine either, but when I signed up I gave Cora a message for my Santa that I would be away for Christmas so they shouldn't bust a nut trying to get it out to me if time was tight as I was happy to get it in January.


I wasnt actually aware of this, hopefully the post office keep hold of it - I believe they only do so for 7 days so you might be cutting it close

I think Royal Mail hold things for 18 days before returning to sender.


I didnt have a return address, was never asked for one.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:42 pm

False wrote:
Sleighamorph wrote:
False wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:I haven't got mine either, but when I signed up I gave Cora a message for my Santa that I would be away for Christmas so they shouldn't bust a nut trying to get it out to me if time was tight as I was happy to get it in January.


I wasnt actually aware of this, hopefully the post office keep hold of it - I believe they only do so for 7 days so you might be cutting it close

I think Royal Mail hold things for 18 days before returning to sender.


I didnt have a return address, was never asked for one.


This is my bad - I thought I’d sent the PM onward from when I was told but after checking it looks like it’s sitting in my drafts, really sorry. However, I think Laga is correct - it’s around three weeks they hold it for.

Image Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Denster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:57 pm


User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Ad7 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Bethlehemster wrote:I couldn't wait till tomorrow.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8D9oFBvSp ... erxvowxyrp


Looks like a switch :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Denster
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Denster » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:29 pm

Now it's Christmas.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br8GtTyBrwN ... pme4v8a45g

A lovely bottle of champers. A cool puzzle / chocs set. Some lovely chocolate from hotel chocolate that will go beautifully with some lovely coffee (beans so I can grind it myself) and best of all a sweatshirt that says all I want for Xmas is EU.

Sadly I'm far too chubby for it.

The gifts and note ( you banana split! ) Show how much thought went into this gift.

Thankyou so much mate. That's really awesome.


:wub:

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Secret Santa 2018 - GO! GO! GO!
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I need a pic of the sweater Denny :lol:

Image Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andretmzt, Dangerblade, Dowbocop, Monkey Man, Nook29, Pedz, Peter Crisp, Qikz, Quantum Name, RichardUK, wensleydale and 56 guests