Shenmue III (PS4, PC) - coming 27 Aug 2019 | Gamescom 2018 trailer p30

Anything to do with games at all.
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:50 am

Oh yeah, I've backed this by the way.

Wasn't a massive fan of the originals (didn't manage to finish either of them) but I'm not averse to seeing the third game.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Moggy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 am

HSH28 wrote:Oh yeah, I've backed this by the way.

Wasn't a massive fan of the originals (didn't manage to finish either of them) but I'm not averse to seeing the third game.


:lol:

User avatar
Quantum Name
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Quantum Name » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 am

HSH28 wrote:Oh yeah, I've backed this by the way.


Course you have. :lol: :fp:

User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Poser » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:52 am

HSH28 wrote:
Because other than a few very limited interactions on this board you have absolutely no idea what I'm like.



Perhaps you should let your sparkling personality and general affability shine through a bit more on here.

Image
User avatar
Quantum Name
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Quantum Name » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 am

Requesting namechange to Hugs28.

User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Rog » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:55 am

HSH28 wrote:It's ok I've got black friends.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Mafro » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:56 am

Buffalo wrote:"I don't understand games I've never played before and I'm completely unaware about their historical context." - Mafro, 2015

That's not what I said at all, no need to be such a banana split about it :? I never owned the consoles the two previous games came on, and I didn't really read multiformat magazines back then so I don't know much about the series.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:57 am

Poser wrote:
HSH28 wrote:
Because other than a few very limited interactions on this board you have absolutely no idea what I'm like.



Perhaps you should let your sparkling personality and general affability shine through a bit more on here.


I come here to talk about games, a subject on which I guess I'm pretty opinionated.

And I wouldn't say that I have a sparkling personality (though I think I am generally affable). I'm not losing sleep because some people can't get on with the way I post my opinions on a message board.

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Lagamorph » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:59 am

Screw it, $300 backed.

Given how much it's raised so far, I wonder how much it's going to get by the end of the 31 days...

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Buffalo » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Mafro wrote:
Buffalo wrote:"I don't understand games I've never played before and I'm completely unaware about their historical context." - Mafro, 2015

That's not what I said at all, no need to be such a banana split about it :? I never owned the consoles the two previous games came on, and I didn't really read multiformat magazines back then so I don't know much about the series.


Who are you calling a banana split? :lol: That's exactly what you said.

Image
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Poser » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:02 pm

HSH28 wrote:I'm not losing sleep because some people can't get on with the way I post my opinions on a message board.


Believe me, that much is incredibly apparent.

Lots of people are opinionated, I doubt anyone has an issue with that; many manage to couch their opinions in a way that doesn't appear as if they are deliberately trying to rub everyone else up the wrong way.

Image
User avatar
Crimson
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Crimson » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:03 pm

HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.

How dare some fans have a moment of overzealous excitement at a genuine surprise. How strawberry floating dare they.

User avatar
speedboatchase
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by speedboatchase » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:06 pm

$2m goal hit in 9 hours :shock:

How high can it go?

User avatar
Quantum Name
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Quantum Name » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Hugo on people getting carried away at a PS exclusive: "Get a grip"

Hugo on backwards compatibility for the Xbox One: "It's huge"

:simper:

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Tomous » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Can everyone please stop arguing and ruining what should be a joyous thread? Thx.

AndyXL
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by AndyXL » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:08 pm

Presumably now it's reached its goal, funding will slow down dramatically?

User avatar
speedboatchase
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by speedboatchase » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm

AXL wrote:Presumably now it's reached its goal, funding will slow down dramatically?


The highest stretch goal is $4m.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:10 pm

Crimson wrote:
HSH28 wrote:Those guys shouting "It's real" and "We did it!"

Seriously, get a grip.

How dare some fans have a moment of overzealous excitement at a genuine surprise. How strawberry floating dare they.


I didn't say 'how dare they', I said 'get a grip'. Seriously, get a grip.

And they aren't just fans. They are on the job...granted you might argue that expressing themselves is part of that job, but I'd expect a tiny amount of composure even from the least professional person covering it.

HSH28
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by HSH28 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Dan. wrote:Hugo on people getting carried away at a PS exclusive: "Get a grip"

Hugo on backwards compatibility for the Xbox One: "It's huge"


I can understand this is bigger than Xbox One backwards compatibility for a lot of people. I might even agree (though I'm not sure I do), certainly they are both huge announcements.

I didn't completely lose my mind and start shouting at the feed when backwards compatibility was announced.

User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Shenmue III - The Official Thread
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Need to find some way to play through the first and second now, or SEGA could just you know, do a remaster.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cingram1253, Cuttooth, Frank, mic, Nook29, Poser, That's not a growth and 51 guests