Social Media Defence Force

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostSocial Media Defence Force
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:11 am

Top Contributors

=1. Knoyleo :datass:
=1. Jenuall :datass:
3. Moggy :toot:

---

We have a brilliant wealth of knowledge here on GRcade. This thread is a chance for all of us to:

1. Learn more about various subjects
2. Show up alt-right weirdos (among others) for the horrible people they are
3. Look totally badass and cool to our friends/followers*

I am fully aware that this thread could be Mocky'd by lunchtime :lol:. Alternative thread titles will be considered.

Top contributors will win fantastic prizes!

*please read this with the necessary amount of tongue in cheek!

What is a good response to this:

Work...pay tax on everything you buy pay PAYE national insurance pay vat pay council tax ect ect that’s enough paying in for what is payed out to myself and children in maternity, school, healthcare and social functions such as as police and waste.... socialism works for people who do less than they get out, not the other way around. socialism to me is like been a mug to the rest of society who are allowed to do nothing and reap the benefits of the hardworking.

Last edited by Oblomov Boblomov on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Knoyleo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:18 am

Just been reeling at this galaxy brained tale, myself.


User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Cuttooth » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:21 am

People on a furloughed wage still had tax deducted from it, right? :fp:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:24 am

Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Tomous » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:35 am

Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,




Let's forget about Corporation Tax because apparently it is too easy to avoid and instead double income tax but legally all require companies to maintain everybody's take home salary.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:58 am

Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,

It's infuriating that people refuse to accept this and instead blame immigrants/other poor people. It's not exactly a difficult thing to understand!

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:07 pm

But what is the response to that original quote? I want to say that, if socialist policies were properly implemented, it would only be the very top earners (<5%?) who would pay more and they have far too much so can easily afford to lose it, but is that a bit of a fib?

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Tomous » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,

It's infuriating that people refuse to accept this and instead blame immigrants/other poor people. It's not exactly a difficult thing to understand!



Compare the anger towards a handful of terrified immigrants risking their lives to cross the channel to the Government literally giving billions to their mates during a pandemic. Infact, don't, because it will make you angry.

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Knoyleo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:But what is the response to that original quote? I want to say that, if socialist policies were properly implemented, it would only be the very top earners (<5%?) who would pay more and they have far too much so can easily afford to lose it, but is that a bit of a fib?

Well, "socialist policies" is a pretty broad term, too broad to be able to give any specifics about an exact % of the population affected, but if you look at, for example, the last Labour manifesto, and the tax plans in that, only individuals earning over £80k per year would have seen an increased tax bill, which is the top 5% of earners, so not even the top 5% of total population.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Squinty » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:15 pm

Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,


But...but...but...THEIR BUSINESSES WILL LEAVEEEEEE

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Tomous » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:17 pm

Squinty wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,


But...but...but...THEIR BUSINESSES WILL LEAVEEEEEE




Funny how this is used as an excuse for not raising CT but not as a reason for not going ahead with Brexit, which will actually make businesses leave....

Last edited by Tomous on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Knoyleo » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Tomous wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,


But...but...but...THEIR BUSINESSES WILL LEAVEEEEEE




Funny how this is used as an excuse for Tax but no as a reason for Brexit, which will actually make businesses leave....

But how can they leave if we've ended free movement?

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Squinty » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Knoyleo wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Squinty wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,


But...but...but...THEIR BUSINESSES WILL LEAVEEEEEE




Funny how this is used as an excuse for Tax but no as a reason for Brexit, which will actually make businesses leave....

But how can they leave if we've ended free movement?


We'll have to keep 'em here until they go bankrupt. It's the only way.

User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Cuttooth » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 pm

Squinty wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Here's an idea, instead of trying to bleed even more money from average working people just get all the rich individuals and corporations who avoid paying tax AT ALL to stump up and it will easily sort us out,


But...but...but...THEIR BUSINESSES WILL LEAVEEEEEE

It's basically an admittance of cowardice, that those on some form of social welfare that are deemed undesirable are an easier target to save money than the ultra wealthy individuals and businesses who can afford to support the country more than they currently do.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Moggy » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:35 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Work...pay tax on everything you buy pay PAYE national insurance pay vat pay council tax ect ect that’s enough paying in for what is payed out to myself and children in maternity, school, healthcare and social functions such as as police and waste.... socialism works for people who do less than they get out, not the other way around. socialism to me is like been a mug to the rest of society who are allowed to do nothing and reap the benefits of the hardworking.


It'd be easier to answer if we knew more about the dickhead. Is he a hard worker? Has he ever been out of work? Is he an "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter" type?

Simple answer is to point out that the kids will grow up to be the people paying for his pension and healthcare.

Image
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Lex-Man » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:36 pm

Maybe I'm misreading the first post but he seems to be fine with the current tax situation but doesn't want socialism. He doesn't really define what he means by socialism so it's quite difficult to understand what he means by socialism. It's seems more that he's against raising taxes which wouldn't necessarily happen under socialism as it just implies that the government owns stuff, for example if the train lines were nationalised it doesn't really follow that it would cost more in tax as the government could just run them at a profit.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:38 pm

Being a member of society is not something to be viewed as a transactional relationship that can be balanced at the individual level. It's not about how what you put in directly matches some benefit that you get back, it's about the idea that society is a thing we belong to as a whole and invest in and that what benefits society in general benefits us all even if we aren't the direct recipient of that benefit.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Thanks Knoy, not a bad idea actually, pointing out a specific policy, even though it'll probably 'expose' me as a Labour fanboy and a sore loser.

Moggy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Work...pay tax on everything you buy pay PAYE national insurance pay vat pay council tax ect ect that’s enough paying in for what is payed out to myself and children in maternity, school, healthcare and social functions such as as police and waste.... socialism works for people who do less than they get out, not the other way around. socialism to me is like been a mug to the rest of society who are allowed to do nothing and reap the benefits of the hardworking.


It'd be easier to answer if we knew more about the dickhead. Is he a hard worker? Has he ever been out of work? Is he an "all lives matter" or "blue lives matter" type?

Simple answer is to point out that the kids will grow up to be the people paying for his pension and healthcare.

He's a friend of a friend. Quick look at his profile suggests he is a director of a company that sells kitchens. Doesn't appear to be particularly vocal about anything, so it's unclear if we're dealing with a complete lunatic.

The original discussion started off by my friend posting an image taking the piss out of people who think socialism is bad, but have happily received state education, healthcare, annual leave etc.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:18 pm

I've posted my response. I went with a combination of Knoyleo and Jenuall, therefore those two are our current reigning Top Contributors 8-).

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Social Media Defence Force
by Jenuall » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:19 pm

Never in doubt :datass:

Let us know the response, I'm sure it will be received well! :slol:

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ming, Neo Cortex, Wedgie and 127 guests