Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Venom » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:55 am

I finally got around to buying this during the E3 Days of Play sale. I haven't played much yet, but what I can say is that the Spider-man swinging technique is absolutely superb, such a brilliant game mechanic that gives an amazing feeling of motion. I love the sunset city views too. But there is always noise from police or the streets or somebody speaking to you, is there a way to temporarily turn off all missions and everybody, as I just want the time to explore?

[img]https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/VenomUK.png/img]

PSVR2, Sony reveal 6 new hardware improvements for PS5 - Venom
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Clarkman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:14 pm

80% through the campaign and things have gotten intense, eh?

Bit weird plotting wise that they've built up Li as the major villain, just to be supplanted by Doc Oc because they all respect him somehow? I don't know what he's promised them yet, but how did he get the rest of the 6 to work for him so quickly?

Have completed all the side quests, back packs, research stations, challenges, cats, Fisk and Demon hideouts, but there's still loads and loads of crimes and now the Sable compounds too.

Most annoying were the Taskmaster challenges and not looking forward to going back to replay them to earn more tokens.

User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by ITSMILNER » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Clarkman wrote:80% through the campaign and things have gotten intense, eh?

Bit weird plotting wise that they've built up Li as the major villain, just to be supplanted by Doc Oc because they all respect him somehow? I don't know what he's promised them yet, but how did he get the rest of the 6 to work for him so quickly?


There is a part where you find a hideout that has lots of voice recordings and details on what Doc Ock has promised each member in order to get them to join. Li’s story is a bit more tragic and you watch that play out near the end.

Image
BOR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by BOR » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:32 am

Clarkman wrote:Most annoying were the Taskmaster challenges and not looking forward to going back to replay them to earn more tokens.
Not sure if you saw my post on the previous post and make sure to get all suits first if you want to get the platinum trophy.

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Clarkman » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:44 pm

BOR wrote:
Clarkman wrote:Most annoying were the Taskmaster challenges and not looking forward to going back to replay them to earn more tokens.
Not sure if you saw my post on the previous post and make sure to get all suits first if you want to get the platinum trophy.


Never been fussed by chasing trophies, and it seems like doing all the crimes/challenges for more tokens would be just a slog.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:29 am

It's actually not, if you do them alongside story missions/other missions they don't get tedious at all. Or didn't for me anyway.

Image Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by ITSMILNER » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:26 am

Yeah, I thinks it best to tackle the challenges/side content in between the main story so it keeps mixing things up. If you focus on one set of challenges I can imagine it’ll get dull fairly quickly.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Clarkman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:02 am

I beat all the challenges and Taskmaster during the story, but didn't earn nearly enough tokens. Crime wise, I beat almost all the demon and thug stuff, but then they add prisoners and Sable, which are unquestionably more of the same padding, so I was less motivated.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Tomous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:57 pm

What's the DLC like on this? How long does it take to complete?

I'm conscious I'm not that far off the end of this now and I don't really want it to end so I'm thinking I might pick the DLC up straight away.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Hexx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:30 pm

Tomous wrote:What's the DLC like on this? How long does it take to complete?


Meh.

It's fairly meaty (3-4 hours a slice maybe) - but adds little new. There's 2 new types of enemies, but otherwise it's largely the same combat (and challenges) from the main game.

It's "post game" but doesn't add too much - it's a [fairly] contained story. A few things might go to Spiderman 2. The story isn't revolutionary.

The first is good, the second meh, and the final 3rd one ok.

If you're desperate for "more of the same" go for it - but it's entirely superfluous.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Tomous » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Hexx wrote:
Tomous wrote:What's the DLC like on this? How long does it take to complete?


Meh.

It's fairly meaty (3-4 hours a slice maybe) - but adds little new. There's 2 new types of enemies, but otherwise it's largely the same combat (and challenges) from the main game.

It's "post game" but doesn't add too much - it's a [fairly] contained story. A few things might go to Spiderman 2. The story isn't revolutionary.

The first is good, the second meh, and the final 3rd one ok.

If you're desperate for "more of the same" go for it - but it's entirely superfluous.



Sounds like the thing to do is have a break so when I go back to it, it won't feel so samey to the main game.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Hexx » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Tomous wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Tomous wrote:What's the DLC like on this? How long does it take to complete?


Meh.

It's fairly meaty (3-4 hours a slice maybe) - but adds little new. There's 2 new types of enemies, but otherwise it's largely the same combat (and challenges) from the main game.

It's "post game" but doesn't add too much - it's a [fairly] contained story. A few things might go to Spiderman 2. The story isn't revolutionary.

The first is good, the second meh, and the final 3rd one ok.

If you're desperate for "more of the same" go for it - but it's entirely superfluous.



Sounds like the thing to do is have a break so when I go back to it, it won't feel so samey to the main game.


It's broken into 3 parts - I did them as they came out, and it's just...eh. It was unnecessary and added little, and the story beats weren't overly engaging.

You do get a load more challenges (Combat, Bases, Speedball) - but it's all pretty much more of the same.

I got for like, £10, in the special edition. It's hard to view them as worth full price.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Tomous » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:04 pm

How long have I got to go of the main campaign if I just sent Mr Negative to jail and things have kicked off on the Raft?

Cheers

User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Clarkman » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Tomous wrote:How long have I got to go of the main campaign if I just sent Mr Negative to jail and things have kicked off on the Raft?

Cheers


I'd say about 4-5 hours.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by Tomous » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Cool, bit llonger than I expected. Ta

User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Marvel’s Spider-Man | PS4 | Metacritic 87 | OUT NOW
by That's not a growth » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 pm

I just completed this for the second time today, about 7 months after my first, in new game + and I enjoyed it a lot more than the first. Having all the abilities unlocked, and being better at the game made it much more smooth. I actually felt like a super hero at times as I was skilled enough to take down a group of thugs in a few seconds, and can whiz around an environment easily with your updated abilities - while still being a challenge and not feeling like you're just going through the motions. I felt like that towards the end of the game in my first play through, but time this it was all the way through. It also helped that I wasn't as engrossed in the story, so the pacing issues didn't effect me as much this time (the first time I played was right after God of War, which is a master class in video game story telling, so going to an open world game was a bit jarring).


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chocolate-Milk, FatDaz, HaruKazuhira, JediDragon05, kerr9000, mcjihge2, more heat than light, OldSoulCyborg, Snowcannon and 47 guests