Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostStar Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by OrangeRKN » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:06 pm



StarWars.com wrote:During today’s Nintendo Direct, Aspyr and Lucasfilm Games revealed Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection, which will see the beloved Star Wars Battlefront (2004) and Star Wars Battlefront II (2005) introduced to a new generation. Coming March 14 for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via Steam for $35.01, Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection features restored online play for up to 64 players, expansions to Hero Assault mode, and all previously released bonus content for both titles.


Includes all of the original xbox-exclusive bonus maps/characters, the previously PC exclusive XL mode, hero assault now playable on every ground map, offline two player splitscreen in addition to the 64 player online multiplayer, and achievements/trophies. Which all sounds properly definitive!

The only disappointment is that the collection is missing two of the best classic Battlefront games, Renegade Squadron and Elite Squadron, which were PSP exclusive. Elite Squadron introduced simultaneous ground/space battles and is the closest thing to "Battlefront 3" we ever got.

I'm still very excited and can't wait to jump into these games online! The rebooted Battlefront and Battlefront II were decent fun and both looked and sounded great, but didn't match up to the classic games in content and mechanics, especially when it comes to vehicles. The original Battlefront II remains one of my favourite games of all time.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Robbo-92 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:42 pm

The highlight of the partner direct for me, older Star Wars games are getting a lot of love over the past few years, we have this next month and Dark Forces out at this month.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by DarkRula » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:21 pm

Wait? The Xbox systems and PC are getting this, too? That seems entirely redundant, but I guess there's enough new things being added to make it worth it. Now, do those who already own the games on those systems see it that way.

Definitely grabbing this on the Switch once it arrives.

Image
Image
User avatar
BID0
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Essex

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by BID0 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:08 pm

I don’t see the point of these on Xbox and PC. You can buy them for like £2

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by DarkRula » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:22 pm

BID0 wrote:I don’t see the point of these on Xbox and PC. You can buy them for like £2


For PC, sure. But the Xbox versions are without online play, which this collection fixes, and boosts it up to the 64 player count of the PC version. The conquest XL mode is also making its way over from the PC version of Battlefront 2, giving offline players the ability to face off against many reinforcements. Sure, the Xbox version already has all the DLC in it, which makes the Collection less of a must-buy for anyone not interested in the online, but it's still worthwhile putting the collection on these platforms.

Image
Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:51 pm

Between this and Dark Forces it's nice to see the older (And often best) Star Wars games getting some love. I'm still hoping for a Jedi Knight remaster or even a reworking of the X-Wing/Tie Fighter games.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Robbo-92 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:59 pm

I’m hoping some of the Rogue Squadron games are next in the pipeline for Aspyr, don’t think they’re doing the KOTOR remake anymore are they?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by OrangeRKN » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:47 am

DarkRula wrote:
BID0 wrote:I don’t see the point of these on Xbox and PC. You can buy them for like £2


For PC, sure. But the Xbox versions are without online play, which this collection fixes, and boosts it up to the 64 player count of the PC version. The conquest XL mode is also making its way over from the PC version of Battlefront 2, giving offline players the ability to face off against many reinforcements. Sure, the Xbox version already has all the DLC in it, which makes the Collection less of a must-buy for anyone not interested in the online, but it's still worthwhile putting the collection on these platforms.


Plus hero assault on every map :datass:

Image
Image
orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by DarkRula » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:12 am

OrangeRKN wrote:
DarkRula wrote:
BID0 wrote:I don’t see the point of these on Xbox and PC. You can buy them for like £2


For PC, sure. But the Xbox versions are without online play, which this collection fixes, and boosts it up to the 64 player count of the PC version. The conquest XL mode is also making its way over from the PC version of Battlefront 2, giving offline players the ability to face off against many reinforcements. Sure, the Xbox version already has all the DLC in it, which makes the Collection less of a must-buy for anyone not interested in the online, but it's still worthwhile putting the collection on these platforms.


Plus hero assault on every map :datass:


Oh, yeah. That will be glorious.

Image
Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Photek » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:27 am

I enjoyed the old Battlefront games, Played them a lot until Halo 2 arrived and changed everything.

These games don't seem to have online cross play which is absurd.

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Qikz » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:09 am

Will probaby buy this on PC when it's out!

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Cheeky Devlin » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:28 am

Qikz wrote:Will probaby buy this on PC when it's out!

Yeah PC all the way on this.

User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Christopher » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:12 pm

I was going to get this for Switch, but it’s £4 more expensive than elsewhere.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by DarkRula » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:37 pm

That's the tax for Nintendo never having had access to these games before.

Image
Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Jenuall » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:00 pm

Played these quite a lot with my housemates during Uni days. Not that sure I want to go back to them but if it's a decent price I could be tempted

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Robbo-92 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:57 pm

One thing I can’t remember, is if the elite versions of the weapons you could unlock in single player, carry over to the multiplayer?

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:31 am

Robbo-92 wrote:One thing I can’t remember, is if the elite versions of the weapons you could unlock in single player, carry over to the multiplayer?


Not sure but doing some wiki diving:

> Note that in online multiplayer modes, all players have the Veteran rank

where veteran rank means you can unlock the awards on a per-life basis at the usual threshold (e.g. get enough kills with the rifle and you'll get the elite rifle until you die).

This would make the most sense!

Image
Image
orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Robbo-92 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:05 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:One thing I can’t remember, is if the elite versions of the weapons you could unlock in single player, carry over to the multiplayer?


Not sure but doing some wiki diving:

> Note that in online multiplayer modes, all players have the Veteran rank

where veteran rank means you can unlock the awards on a per-life basis at the usual threshold (e.g. get enough kills with the rifle and you'll get the elite rifle until you die).

This would make the most sense!


It would, I don’t think I played that much of the multiplayer on this really, well not online, split screen was great fun!

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:25 pm

I only ever played 2 in split-screen on PS2 or WLAN on PSP, so I'm excited to play proper (64 player!) online.

Elite Squadron had online but it used custom character loadouts so was different in that respect.

Image
Image
orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection - March 14th [NSW/PS/XBOX/PC]
by Robbo-92 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:31 am

I'll definitely be jumping online in these as well, once I've put a few hours into the Galactic Conquest modes of course, then some space battles.

Image
Image
Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Denster, OldSoulCyborg and 219 guests