STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*

Our best bits.
User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Hulohot » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Finally finished all three finales. All brilliant, but my vote goes with Clarkman. The Die Hard stuff was on point

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:42 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Yay, looking forward to the story thread.

When do we hear back about our publishing deal with Faber & Faber?


Couldn't get hold of Faber & Faber, but British London are very enthusiastic. They've got a slot as long as we can finish our rewrite ASAP.


Hmm I hear they're having trouble with paper costs, something to do with the Euro apparently.

Rushdie is pissing blood over at Jonathan Cape.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Ironhide » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:25 pm

My vote goes to Clarkman's ending.

Image
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Tsunade » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:58 pm

I loved all 3 but I think my vote goes to clarkman

Image
Image
User avatar
Dannie Lennox
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Finale*
by Dannie Lennox » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:25 pm

Agonised over this decision, probably too much :lol:

My vote goes to Jenuall. Here's why:

Firstly, I thought all three endings were great. Top work all.

In terms of actual representation of what the physical GRail is, IronHide wins it.

I liked Jenuall's ending best of the three:

Jenuall wrote:"A voice spoke to me when I crossed into the realm of the Mod Room, but though I know it passed great knowledge onto me and the keys to the mystery of the GRail were part of that, I cannot comprehend the all of what was said. Only two parts of the message is clear to me:"

The power of the GRail will only awaken in the chosen Era


"I sense this tells of a further quest required to unlock the GRails secrets and true potential. A quest that I shall not shirk the responsibility of" Jenuall continued.

"What was the second part of the message that you understood Master, what did that tell?"

"The second part was a warning, and why we will need some time to prepare for the quest:"

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!




I liked how it left it open for a new quest, and the reference to a classic line from gaming history. The only thing missing for me was telling us what the GRail actually looked like!

Ultimately, though, I think Clarkman's was the best chapter overall. His password best answered the "ancient knowledge... with you all along" riddle, while also bringing the story full circle. As the person who contributed most to the story, with every contribution being high quality, and given that he largely structured the narrative and set the tone early on, he's a deserved winner in my book.

However, it looks like everyone feels this way, as everyone who has voted so far, has voted for Clarkman!
With this in mind, I cast my vote for Jenuall, as I believe he's well deserving of a runner's up spot.
With IronHide rounding out the podium, which I also think is fair considering his incredible survival skills! :lol:

Credit must also go to OrangeRKN for the concept and kicking things off with his own excellent opening chapter.

Finally:

Jenuall wrote:"Well Clarkman, sometimes things don't need to look impressive to be of value" responded Jenuall, looking down at his companion, "you of all people should know that!


Bit harsh :lol:

User avatar
mic
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: I'm on my way...

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Finale*
by mic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:30 pm

My best bit:

Jenuall wrote: ...It was a request for the Mod Room password, Jenuall had worked this out straight away, but he also knew that telling his friends would not have saved them...


:lol:

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Finale*
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 pm

Years of Username Limbo wrote:Agonised over this decision, probably too much :lol:

My vote goes to Jenuall. Here's why:

Firstly, I thought all three endings were great. Top work all.

In terms of actual representation of what the physical GRail is, IronHide wins it.

I liked Jenuall's ending best of the three:

Jenuall wrote:"A voice spoke to me when I crossed into the realm of the Mod Room, but though I know it passed great knowledge onto me and the keys to the mystery of the GRail were part of that, I cannot comprehend the all of what was said. Only two parts of the message is clear to me:"

The power of the GRail will only awaken in the chosen Era


"I sense this tells of a further quest required to unlock the GRails secrets and true potential. A quest that I shall not shirk the responsibility of" Jenuall continued.

"What was the second part of the message that you understood Master, what did that tell?"

"The second part was a warning, and why we will need some time to prepare for the quest:"

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!




I liked how it left it open for a new quest, and the reference to a classic line from gaming history. The only thing missing for me was telling us what the GRail actually looked like!

Ultimately, though, I think Clarkman's was the best chapter overall. His password best answered the "ancient knowledge... with you all along" riddle, while also bringing the story full circle. As the person who contributed most to the story, with every contribution being high quality, and given that he largely structured the narrative and set the tone early on, he's a deserved winner in my book.

However, it looks like everyone feels this way, as everyone who has voted so far, has voted for Clarkman!
With this in mind, I cast my vote for Jenuall, as I believe he's well deserving of a runner's up spot.
With IronHide rounding out the podium, which I also think is fair considering his incredible survival skills! :lol:

Credit must also go to OrangeRKN for the concept and kicking things off with his own excellent opening chapter.

Finally:

Jenuall wrote:"Well Clarkman, sometimes things don't need to look impressive to be of value" responded Jenuall, looking down at his companion, "you of all people should know that!


Bit harsh :lol:


Yay a vote for me! :lol:

Hopefully parts like that quote came across as obviously jokey and not meant to be taken literally, I'm not that much of an arse in reality!

I was a bit rushed with my ending, hence the fouth wall breaking comment at one point. If we do this again I certainly know I'll need to devote some more time to it!

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Frank » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 pm

I'll throw a vote in for Jenuall too :wub: There isn't much between them, but I chuckled the most at Jen's.

Does that "Chosen Era" line mean that resetera will also close down and we'll have to absorb all their numbers like our SONM refugees? :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm voting for Ironhide simply because I love the idea of the GRail being the Larger glass.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:14 pm

Frank wrote:I'll throw a vote in for Jenuall too :wub: There isn't much between them, but I chuckled the most at Jen's.

Does that "Chosen Era" line mean that resetera will also close down and we'll have to absorb all their numbers like our SONM refugees? :shifty:

I'm not sure we could cope with the sort of people that a collapsed Era might send our way!

Felt like a nice little cliffhanger to tease things for a potential season 2 :slol:

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by OrangeRKN » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Eleven people set off on the quest for the Holy GRail, but only one made it all the way to lay claim to that holy relic.

Clarkman Wins

Congrats Clarkman, that's a well deserved victory if ever there was one! Jen comes in second and Ironhide in third, rounding off the very first game of STORYTELLERS. Thanks everyone for taking part, I'm putting together the story only thread now!

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Wherever you want me to be, baby

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Somebody Else's Problem » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Congratulations Clarky! Well deserved victory.

And also many thanks to OrangeRKN for hosting such a great game!

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by Clarkman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:29 pm

Thank you guys :wub:

Loved the game and the impetus to delve into forum history. The shared experience made it very enjoyable. All credit to Orange for a great concept well executed, and his wonderful opening which set the tone.

User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by DarkRula » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:32 pm

It was very fun reading it through. I don't think I'd have done justice to the theme of the story, and was rather hoping that I had survived to make a city within Sonmountain called Met-tropolis. While all the GRcade references were fun, Met-tropolis is perhaps one of the best things to SONM's name, and could have provided some fun sights for the intrepid heroes to see.

Also, thanks to OR for starting this. Great fun.

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Vote for the winner!*
by OrangeRKN » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Read the Quest for the Holy GRail without interruption here

And damn DarkRula, Met-tropolis would have been excellent! Definitely one of the best threads on SONM.

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*
by DarkRula » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Currently reliving it right now.

Death to the party boat!

Image
Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*
by OrangeRKN » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:17 pm

Thought it would be fun to collate how everyone died during the game:

Karl - Shot by R.E.L.I.C
Somebody Else's Problem - Sacrificed to DBlock of the Lake
Drumstick - Made a post too soon after his last (aged to death)
OrangeRKN - Splattered in a car crash with Slob Guy
DarkRula - Blown up in a R.E.L.I.C terrorist attack
Quantum Name - Vaporised by Lizzimba
mic - Stung by a giant Wasp Beast
Hulohot - Thrown into a wall by Steve
Ironhide - Fell to death fighting with Jenuall
Jenuall - Fell to death fighting with Ironhide

:lol:

"Nintendo fanboys are the worst kind" - gamerforever
Image
Image
Web - RedBubble - @OrangeRakoon - GOTY 2018
User avatar
Hulohot
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*
by Hulohot » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:20 am

Congratulations Clarkman! This was such a brilliant game, thanks for everyone for making it so memorable.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*
by Jenuall » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:17 am

Congrats Clarkman, a well earned victory!

Just to echo other folks - this has been great fun to be part of, both from an audience perspective and as an active participant, thanks for setting it up OR. :toot:

OrangeRKN wrote:Thought it would be fun to collate how everyone died during the game:

Karl - Shot by R.E.L.I.C
Somebody Else's Problem - Sacrificed to DBlock of the Lake
Drumstick - Made a post too soon after his last (aged to death)
OrangeRKN - Splattered in a car crash with Slob Guy
DarkRula - Blown up in a R.E.L.I.C terrorist attack
Quantum Name - Vaporised by Lizzimba
mic - Stung by a giant Wasp Beast
Hulohot - Thrown into a wall by Steve
Ironhide - Fell to death fighting with Jenuall
Jenuall - Fell to death fighting with Ironhide

:lol:


This is hilarious :lol:

Makes you appreciate the variety of the narrative that people wove even more!

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: STORYTELLERS a forum game *Clarkman wins*
by Karl_ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 pm

@OR: This was a great experience. What are your thoughts about it in retrospect? I think it's interesting that no-one really got into the competitive aspect -- every day there were volunteers (people wanted to be part of the story?) and the writing role got shared around to anyone who wanted it.


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests