Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Balladeer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:10 pm

Nonsense. Waluigi will become the Grand Vizier, nudging Luigi’s actions from in the shadows. The power behind the throne.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Tomous » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 pm

Balladeer wrote:Y’see, that sort of libel won’t be tolerated in the new Era of Luigi.


2012: Nintendo announce Year of Luigi for 2013
2013: Year of Luigi
2015: Nintendo only just start to recover from Year of Luigi

Image

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Balladeer » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:46 pm

You can prove anything with statistics. :roll:

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Jezo » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 am

Rip

User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:33 pm

My friend brought about 5 copies from Tesco the other day to keep sealed, as he thinks the game is going to worth mint in years to come.
I don't honestly think it's going to sky rocket in value, maybe a sealed copy will go for a bit more, but I don't think a used copy will be worth more than your typical CEX pricing.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:My friend brought about 5 copies from Tesco the other day to keep sealed, as he thinks the game is going to worth mint in years to come.
I don't honestly think it's going to sky rocket in value, maybe a sealed copy will go for a bit more, but I don't think a used copy will be worth more than your typical CEX pricing.


It’s really not going to be worth loads more in my opinion, ShopTo are selling copies for under £40 right now so even though it’s technically not for sale anymore you can still buy it for a reasonable price.

Anyhow I’ve made some solid progress with Sunshine, now onto 32 Sprites and hating the boo hotel level currently, keep falling off the cog towards the end of the FLUDD-less section the moment I get on it :fp: I’ll be glad when I’ve seen the credits in Sunshine :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Tomous » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:My friend brought about 5 copies from Tesco the other day to keep sealed, as he thinks the game is going to worth mint in years to come.
I don't honestly think it's going to sky rocket in value, maybe a sealed copy will go for a bit more, but I don't think a used copy will be worth more than your typical CEX pricing.




Yeah I can't imagine they'll skyrocket. It was limited time, not limited stock. There's probably 15m copies out there.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:25 pm

Finally done the FLUDD-less level in the hotel, took me far longer than I’m willing to admit, now just had an annoying part on the following level, where you need Yoshi to eat the Boos around the place, Yoshi got stuck in a corner next to a Boo meaning I had to wait for it to run out of juice :fp: I’ve not even played Galaxy on this yet but can already say that Sunshine will have aged the most for me, I know a chunk of my frustration will be down to me just not gelling with the controls but the few bits that irk me really dull the experience.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Robbo-92 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:54 pm

Made some really good progress with Sunshine so far this afternoon, finished off getting the required 7 sprites on Sirena Beach and now got 4 already on Noki bay, it’s such a weird game, parts of it I’m liking but then the odd bit just frustrates me immensely. I can’t recall what Pianta Village is like at all but hopefully nothing too frustrating...... :lol:

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Drumstick » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:35 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:immensely. I can’t recall what Pianta Village is like at all but hopefully nothing too frustrating...... :lol:

You might find one of them a little too hot to handle.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Robbo-92 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:immensely. I can’t recall what Pianta Village is like at all but hopefully nothing too frustrating...... :lol:

You might find one of them a little too hot to handle.


Can’t wait for that one then :roll:

Roll on Galaxy :toot:

Image
Image
Image
Superfurryfox64
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Superfurryfox64 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:immensely. I can’t recall what Pianta Village is like at all but hopefully nothing too frustrating...... :lol:

You might find one of them a little too hot to handle.


Can’t wait for that one then :roll:

Roll on Galaxy :toot:



Oh god... "That" one...

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:05 am

:lol:

I thought Pianta Village was OK. The underside of the village is in theory a good concept but the execution is lacking. Level rankings, best to worst:

Noki Bay > Bianco Hills > Ricco Harbour > Sirena Beach > Pianta Village > Gelato Beach > Pinna Park

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Jenuall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:13 am

Noki Bay in first place? Bold move.

For me it would be:

Bianco Hills > Rico Harbour > Noki Bay > Gelato Beach > Pianta Village > Sirena Beach > Pinna Park

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Jezo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:25 am

Jenuall wrote:First level is the best. Second level is second best.

Wow so the entire game really just went downhill for you, huh?

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Jenuall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:28 am

Jezo wrote:
Jenuall wrote:First level is the best. Second level is second best.

Wow so the entire game really just went downhill for you, huh?

Pretty much! :lol:

Although there isn't necessarily an explicit order to things depending on how you approach it - I usually end up going from Bianco to Gelato before taking on Rico for example.

Generally though for me the first 4 levels are pretty solid and I enjoy them all, it just feels like after that the quality drops more noticeably - I lost a fair amount of my will to get to the end once I reached Pinna Park on this last play through

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:31 am

Jenuall wrote:Noki Bay in first place? Bold move.

For me it would be:

Bianco Hills > Rico Harbour > Noki Bay > Gelato Beach > Pianta Village > Sirena Beach > Pinna Park

I think it is influenced by my previous memory of Noki Bay. I remembered it as a bit of a nightmare to get around the cliff faces but this time I really enjoyed it.

Not the first time I've done a massive u-turn on a gaming opinion I held as a child either; I utterly loathed Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie when I was a youngster and remember quite vividly that it took me very close to seven hours(!) to get everything in it. When I replayed B-T as an adult, however, I found GI to be the second best level.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Victor Mildew » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:33 am

Mine would be

Bianco Hills > Rico Harbour > Gelato Beach > Noki Bay > Pinna Park > Pianta Village > Sirena Beach

My recent replay revealed there's a really odd lack of 'mario-ness' to the environments. You could replace Mario with a generic character and put him in a lot of those levels, and it wouldnt appear to be a Mario game.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Jenuall » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:35 am

Drumstick wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Noki Bay in first place? Bold move.

For me it would be:

Bianco Hills > Rico Harbour > Noki Bay > Gelato Beach > Pianta Village > Sirena Beach > Pinna Park

I think it is influenced by my previous memory of Noki Bay. I remembered it as a bit of a nightmare to get around the cliff faces but this time I really enjoyed it.

Not the first time I've done a massive u-turn on a gaming opinion I held as a child either; I utterly loathed Grunty Industries in Banjo-Tooie when I was a youngster and remember quite vividly that it took me very close to seven hours(!) to get everything in it. When I replayed B-T as an adult, however, I found GI to be the second best level.

The real turnaround there would be that as a more informed adult you realised that all of B-T was trash. ;)

I like Noki, the idea of having lots of hidden nooks and crannies to explore, the feel of traditional platforming it brings from having clear climbing sections, the general "hidden cove" vibe of the place - it's a nice place to be! The only thing that really lets it down is the general unrefined aspects of Sunshine's movement and collision

Victor Mildew wrote:My recent replay revealed there's a really odd lack of 'mario-ness' to the environments. You could replace Mario with a generic character and put him in a lot of those levels, and it wouldnt appear to be a Mario game.


On the one hand I like that they took an idea "Mario goes on holiday" and ran with that fully - this is really the most tightly themed Mario game and everything really does feel like it takes place on a tropical paradise island. But yeah that does have a downside - it's more generic as you point out, it leaves less scope for including more iconic pieces of Mario's visual identity (they try to scatter this into the Fludd-less sections to compensate), and it reduces the variety of the spaces - no ice world, no lava, no castles etc.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D All-Stars | Nintendo Switch | Out Now | Only Available for Purchase until 31/03/21
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:46 am

Jenuall wrote:The real turnaround there would be that as a more informed adult you realised that all of B-T was trash. ;)

Inferior to other platformers on the system yes, trash no, ahead of its time, quite possibly.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 190 guests