Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostSuper Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Super Dragon 64 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:40 am


Join Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach and Toad on a quest to save the Sprixie Kingdom in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, pouncing onto Nintendo Switch! Bowser’s kidnapped the Sprixie Princess, and it’s up to our heroes to rescue her!

Clamber over walls and cat-scratch your enemies using the Super Bell, clone yourself with the Double Cherry or pop the Cannon Box on your head and fire off projectiles at your foes. This enhanced version of Super Mario 3D World also comes with gameplay improvements, like increased running speed for all characters and the ability to climb higher while using the Super Bell. You can even play using gyro controls!

As well as local co-op play with up to three friends, players can now enjoy online multiplayer mayhem!

New amiibo!
Image
These Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will be released alongside Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

Never played 3D World (or Land for that matter) so I'm really glad this is coming to Switch. I know some people weren't too fond of it but there also seem to be just as many people who think it's one of the best Mario games so I'm excited to give it a try! :toot:

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by shy guy 64 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:42 am

im so getting those amiibo

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Victor Mildew » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:43 am

Jenuall wrote:Never played 3D World (or Land for that matter) so I'm really glad this is coming to Switch. I know some people weren't too fond of it but there also seem to be just as many people who think it's one of the best Mario games so I'm excited to give it a try! :toot:


It's a superb game, the only thing I truly don't like is the time limit imposed on each level. When you've got hidden stamps to find, it makes it unnecessarily stressful for me (but I hate time limits anyway).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Balladeer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:45 am

It’s maybe the best 2D Mario game.

I am so sick of Nintendo’s tactic of padding out the schedule with rereleases to hide the fact they’ve got next to nothing new to show, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued by Bowser’s Fury. We know naff all about it at this stage but it looked... different from the base game.

Plus I’ve got a regular Player 2 now so maybe we can play the main campaign in the way it was intended: with more than one person. Perhaps I’ll see the gold everyone else saw in it then.

User avatar
Super Dragon 64
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Super Dragon 64 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:49 am

Jenuall wrote:Never played 3D World (or Land for that matter) so I'm really glad this is coming to Switch. I know some people weren't too fond of it but there also seem to be just as many people who think it's one of the best Mario games so I'm excited to give it a try! :toot:

I thoroughly enjoyed playing it on the Wii U and envy anyone playing it for the first time. Enjoy! :toot:

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Tomous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:50 am

Balladeer wrote:It’s maybe the best 2D Mario game.

I am so sick of Nintendo’s tactic of padding out the schedule with rereleases to hide the fact they’ve got next to nothing new to show, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued by Bowser’s Fury. We know naff all about it at this stage but it looked... different from the base game.

Plus I’ve got a regular Player 2 now so maybe we can play the main campaign in the way it was intended: with more than one person. Perhaps I’ll see the gold everyone else saw in it then.



The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am

I'm slightly concerned that my view of this might already be slightly skewed by the fact that 3D World has been the worst part of Mario Maker 2 and so I might be predisposed to hate it because of that!

I blame the strawberry floating Koopa Car! :lol:

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Victor Mildew » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:51 am

Tomous wrote:
Balladeer wrote:It’s maybe the best 2D Mario game.

I am so sick of Nintendo’s tactic of padding out the schedule with rereleases to hide the fact they’ve got next to nothing new to show, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued by Bowser’s Fury. We know naff all about it at this stage but it looked... different from the base game.

Plus I’ve got a regular Player 2 now so maybe we can play the main campaign in the way it was intended: with more than one person. Perhaps I’ll see the gold everyone else saw in it then.



The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.


Super Mario 3D arguments

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Balladeer » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:55 am

Tomous wrote:The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.

Yep, and in theory a multiplayer-focussed 3D Mario is a great idea! Trouble was it was the only 3D Mario of the generation, and because it was effectively a 2D Mario in 3D I felt like it was ‘cheating’ me out of a proper 3D Mario on the Wii U. :lol: There’s still some residual bitterness there if I’m honest. Perhaps a second play with The Lady could clear that out...

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:57 am

Balladeer wrote:
Tomous wrote:The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.

Yep, and in theory a multiplayer-focussed 3D Mario is a great idea! Trouble was it was the only 3D Mario of the generation, and because it was effectively a 2D Mario in 3D I felt like it was ‘cheating’ me out of a proper 3D Mario on the Wii U. :lol: There’s still some residual bitterness there if I’m honest. Perhaps a second play with The Lady could clear that out...

So are the levels based around co-operative type multiplayer or something then?

User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by aayl1 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:57 am

Played through the whole thing (including the super hard final level) in 4 player and it was a blast the whole way through. Probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much single player.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Tomous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:01 am

Jenuall wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Tomous wrote:The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.

Yep, and in theory a multiplayer-focussed 3D Mario is a great idea! Trouble was it was the only 3D Mario of the generation, and because it was effectively a 2D Mario in 3D I felt like it was ‘cheating’ me out of a proper 3D Mario on the Wii U. :lol: There’s still some residual bitterness there if I’m honest. Perhaps a second play with The Lady could clear that out...

So are the levels based around co-operative type multiplayer or something then?



It's not really co-operative in the sense you need to work together to progress, more you play through together and so the levels are structured to accommodate 4 players running about.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Tomous » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:02 am

Jenuall wrote:I'm slightly concerned that my view of this might already be slightly skewed by the fact that 3D World has been the worst part of Mario Maker 2 and so I might be predisposed to hate it because of that!

I blame the strawberry floating Koopa Car! :lol:



That isn't a 3D World thing though....that's a Mario Maker 2 thing.

Image
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Frank » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:07 am

aayl1 wrote:Played through the whole thing (including the super hard final level) in 4 player and it was a blast the whole way through. Probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much single player.


How did you manage the final level with four players? :slol: We could never get past like the second set of switching platforms

Image
User avatar
Rubix
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Rubix » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:13 am

Had to borrow a wiiu to play this game so will happily pick this up

PLAY | Bayonetta
WATCH | A Discovery of Witches S1, Superstore S3, Wandavision S1
READ | Nothing
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:20 am

Tomous wrote:
Jenuall wrote:I'm slightly concerned that my view of this might already be slightly skewed by the fact that 3D World has been the worst part of Mario Maker 2 and so I might be predisposed to hate it because of that!

I blame the strawberry floating Koopa Car! :lol:



That isn't a 3D World thing though....that's a Mario Maker 2 thing.

Yeah I had assumed it was in 3D World in some form originally but the fact it's not just makes it even more bizarre!

Tomous wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Tomous wrote:The game is so much better in multiplayer. The levels are obviously designed to accommodate that.

Yep, and in theory a multiplayer-focussed 3D Mario is a great idea! Trouble was it was the only 3D Mario of the generation, and because it was effectively a 2D Mario in 3D I felt like it was ‘cheating’ me out of a proper 3D Mario on the Wii U. :lol: There’s still some residual bitterness there if I’m honest. Perhaps a second play with The Lady could clear that out...

So are the levels based around co-operative type multiplayer or something then?



It's not really co-operative in the sense you need to work together to progress, more you play through together and so the levels are structured to accommodate 4 players running about.

Ah okay cool, sounds like it might be a fun one to play with the kids then

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by KjGarly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:30 am

This is my 6 year olds favourite Wii U game and loves playing in co-op even if its stressful as strawberry float and makes me rage. She's actually finished it twice :slol: I look forward to getting stressed again :toot:

Image
Image
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by captain red dog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:46 am

Definitely getting this to play with my 6 year old. He played a little bit of the Wii-U version a couple of years ago and spent most of his time floating after me in the safety bubble!

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury | Nintendo Switch | Launches 12/02/21
by Jenuall » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 am

I love the accessibility that Nintendo have given to many of their recent games. I've had a lot of fun playing Odyssey and Let's Go Pikachu with my kids because they allow for drop in multiplayer so I can jump in and help when they need it and things like the guided mode on Odyssey mean they never get too lost and it helps keep the challenge at a more acceptable level for younger players. Really hoping that this offers similar accessibility!


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Barnsy!, Edd, Frank, Minto, Monkey Man, OldSoulCyborg, OrangeRKN, Somebody Else's Presents and 175 guests