Page 20 of 59

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 23 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:20 am
by Pedz
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:How is this game (or the original at least) if your intention is to be playing other peoples levels 90% of the time, and only designing for the remaining 13%? Does it feel like you are simply not getting the full experience, or is that satisfying in itself?
I know how bad i am with creative software, i will be in to it massively, then just completely drop it.


Wait... You plan to play the game at 103%?

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 23 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:41 am
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
Kaz is all in for Mario Maker 2 :datass:

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 23 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:55 am
by Cheeky Devlin
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:How is this game (or the original at least) if your intention is to be playing other peoples levels 90% of the time, and only designing for the remaining 13%? Does it feel like you are simply not getting the full experience, or is that satisfying in itself?
I know how bad i am with creative software, i will be in to it massively, then just completely drop it.

I made levels for a bit, but 90% of my time was spent playing and it was easily my favourite game on the Wii U.

Thousands of levels to play and I never felt I was missing out by mostly playing rather than making.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 am
by kazanova_Frankenstein
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like i wont be missing out too much by neglecting the creative tools.

And yes, 100% would be playing it without the GRcade community, you guys are easily worth 3% as much to me as the random general public. I mean that most sincerely.

Buuuut in all seriousness, it is actually the community here and the AYAMMM threads that actually make the whole thing appealing to me. I love the idea of trying out peoples creations, and, in turn, i will almost certainly feel compelled to create something if there is a chance that people here will give it a shot.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:10 am
by Cheeky Devlin
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like i wont be missing out too much by neglecting the creative tools.

And yes, 100% would be playing it without the GRcade community, you guys are easily worth 3% as much to me as the random general public. I mean that most sincerely.

Buuuut in all seriousness, it is actually the community here and the AYAMMM threads that actually make the whole thing appealing to me. I love the idea of trying out peoples creations, and, in turn, i will almost certainly feel compelled to create something if there is a chance that people here will give it a shot.


Beyond AYAMMM I'll be streaming the gooseberry fool out of this game as soon as I get it and I'll be doing what I did with the original and making a point of playing members levels.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:46 am
by Cheeky Devlin
Digital Foundry have taken a look at the game now.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digi ... first-look

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:04 pm
by kazanova_Frankenstein
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like i wont be missing out too much by neglecting the creative tools.

And yes, 100% would be playing it without the GRcade community, you guys are easily worth 3% as much to me as the random general public. I mean that most sincerely.

Buuuut in all seriousness, it is actually the community here and the AYAMMM threads that actually make the whole thing appealing to me. I love the idea of trying out peoples creations, and, in turn, i will almost certainly feel compelled to create something if there is a chance that people here will give it a shot.


Beyond AYAMMM I'll be streaming the gooseberry fool out of this game as soon as I get it and I'll be doing what I did with the original and making a point of playing members levels.


That's great to hear :datass:

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:24 pm
by Karl_
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Buuuut in all seriousness, it is actually the community here and the AYAMMM threads that actually make the whole thing appealing to me. I love the idea of trying out peoples creations, and, in turn, i will almost certainly feel compelled to create something if there is a chance that people here will give it a shot.

GRcade :wub:

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:57 pm
by kazanova_Frankenstein
Karl_ wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Buuuut in all seriousness, it is actually the community here and the AYAMMM threads that actually make the whole thing appealing to me. I love the idea of trying out peoples creations, and, in turn, i will almost certainly feel compelled to create something if there is a chance that people here will give it a shot.

GRcade :wub:



Totally. It really does feel like a home. Primarily a care home in special measures, but a home nonetheless :wub:

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:11 pm
by jawafour
I really want to get this but I haven't placed a pre-order yet, partly because I just can't decide whether I want to go for a cart or digital version. I went the download route with the Wii U version and I think it's the sort of online title that is suited to that approach... but I keep flipping between the choices.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:22 pm
by Karl_
I'll be getting it digitally so I'm never without it!

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:51 pm
by Jenuall
Same, digital all the way for me! :toot:

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:10 pm
by Winckle
Karl_ wrote:I'll be getting it digitally so I'm never without it!

Yes Karl. Jawa come embrace the glorious digital future with us.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:18 pm
by jawafour
Winckle wrote:...Jawa come embrace the glorious digital future with us.

I think I probably will, Winckle... it's the sort of game that it'll be handy to have on the memory card. Ready to go, ready to build :toot: .

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:26 pm
by Winckle
jawafour wrote:
Winckle wrote:...Jawa come embrace the glorious digital future with us.

I think I probably will, Winckle... it's the sort of game that it'll be handy to have on the memory card. Ready to go, ready to build :toot: .

I'm not much of a builder, but I do hate swapping cartridges. It seems like a great pallette cleansing game inbetween other games.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:48 pm
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
jawafour wrote:
Winckle wrote:...Jawa come embrace the glorious digital future with us.

I think I probably will, Winckle... it's the sort of game that it'll be handy to have on the memory card. Ready to go, ready to build :toot: .

Nooooo I thought we of the Physical Lasts Eternally Believers Society had claimed you as one of our own!

jawafour wrote:If you have bought Minecraft Story Mode (season 1 or 2) as a download on any system, make sure you have a copy of all of the episodes downloaded by 24 June as it will no longer be available after that.

This could be a real pain for gamers with systems that have limited storage. "Digital gaming is the future!" :dread: .


Embrace the : dread : jawa. Join us P.L.E.B.S.! We'll be the ones laughing with our never-ending shelves of physical media lining the walls of our underground bunkers in the inevitable nuclear offline future

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:29 pm
by Winckle
I keep saying this, but the archive solution for games is piracy. An ISO image being passed round the internet would long outlive your physical discs.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:58 pm
by Mystical Ninja Starring Danmon
But what happens when there's no internet?

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:55 am
by Winckle
DJ Airhorn wrote:But what happens when there's no internet?

If there's no internet then I have bigger concerns than computer games, like making sure I have a big enough supply of iodine pills and drinkable water.

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Friday 28th June 2019 - 22 Days To Go!

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 am
by Karl_
Winckle wrote:
DJ Airhorn wrote:But what happens when there's no internet?

If there's no internet then I have bigger concerns than computer games, like making sure I have a big enough supply of iodine pills and drinkable water.

If you can make it to Wales I have a printed-out archive of 2D waifus stored in a safe so I won't be lonely after the collapse. I'll share them with you.