Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:46 pm

Those were some brutal matches there, Jez.
Image

I'll get you next time!

Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by aayl1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm

I like playing as Dedede.

Who do you all like to play as?

Would anyone like to play with me some time?

Image
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Best boy
Contact:

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Kriken » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm

I play Lucina, but there are a fair few characters I dabble in or would like to get better with, like Pokemon Trainer or Peach.

I would be up for playing sometime, but my internet connection is playing up at the moment. Will let you know when I can play though.

User avatar
Years of Username Limbo
Bizarre Title
Joined in 2008
Location: Bered Kai Nev

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Years of Username Limbo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:40 am

I play as Dr Mario, which is a hangover from Melee (on 64 my "main" was Ness). When I played Brawl, we'd usually do random characters and random stages. I played best as ROB, Mario, DK, Ness, and Lucas then though.

I've been getting through WoL and the Spirit Board as the Doc mainly, changing to Pikachu for some of the challenges as a tactic (ie ones where I need to be evasive). But I've been unlocking characters at a faster rate than I can try them. Plus the stages from Smash 4 are all new to me as well; my plan was to play a new stage each time I tried a new character, but unlocking Spirits is too addictive.

I'm hoping I'll find a new Main that I'm good with among the new cohort, but I'm concerned Dr Mario's moveset is too ingrained in my muscle memory for me to ever be decent with another character (as an example, I prefer the Dr version to vanilla Mario because his down special is the same as in the original games, whereas the FLUDD move, as far as I can tell, serves no practical purpose whatsoever).

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Balladeer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:26 am

I’ve moved from Anime Swordsperson 104 to mostly heavy characters in my Switch (ha ha) from SSB4 to SSBU. I’m still okay with e.g. Lucina, but I first beat Classic on 9.9 with K. Rool and took on the final bosses of WoL with Ganondorf; and I also get on with Incineroar and Bowser.

Mind you, I beat Classic and got to 9.9 on my first try with two characters: Lucas, and Rosalina. So maybe I should ‘main’ those two?

My favourite characters, mind, are Inkling and Ridley. So...?

User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Banjo » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:47 pm

I wouldn't put much faith in who you get 9.9's with. It can vary massively, and for me had more to do with the way they were set up. Isabelle's and Ryu's gave me hell with their runs, despite me quite enjoying them as characters. I got 9.9 with Ice Climbers fer chrissakes, literally the first time I'd touched them in Ultimate.

User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Balladeer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:45 pm

I really enjoyed Ryu's run! Definitely one of the cleverest. That's despite me still resenting Ryu's actual presence in the game... Anyway, I was actually pretty good with Lucas and Rosalina back in 4, so it's not too far-fetched (although I need to get better at de-synchronised combat, which is apparently very powerful).

Ice Climbers? Man alive. I really struggled with them. Think the range on their attacks has been shortened since Brawl.

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by KjGarly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 am

I seem to have stuck with Kirby throughout most of the game.

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Jezo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:40 am

Chocolate-Milk wrote:Those were some brutal matches there, Jez.
Image

I'll get you next time!

Ggs! Thanks for poppin in. You were fine they weren't that brutal kek

aayl1 wrote:I like playing as Dedede.

Who do you all like to play as?

Would anyone like to play with me some time?

Ye I'll play with ya some time. I usually post here whenever I'm streaming and playing

User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by aayl1 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:11 pm

My friend code is SW-2446-6608-4888

Please add me guys and I can show you how terrible I am with Dedede.

Image
User avatar
Kriken
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Best boy
Contact:

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Kriken » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:40 pm

aayl1 wrote:My friend code is SW-2446-6608-4888

Please add me guys and I can show you how terrible I am with Dedede.

I'm up for playing you today. I believe we already have each other added.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 am

Balladeer wrote:I’ve moved from Anime Swordsperson 104 to mostly heavy characters in my Switch (ha ha) from SSB4 to SSBU. I’m still okay with e.g. Lucina, but I first beat Classic on 9.9 with K. Rool and took on the final bosses of WoL with Ganondorf; and I also get on with Incineroar and Bowser.

Mind you, I beat Classic and got to 9.9 on my first try with two characters: Lucas, and Rosalina. So maybe I should ‘main’ those two?

My favourite characters, mind, are Inkling and Ridley. So...?


The heavy characters have a massive advantage in WoL, I've found, but 9.9s seems to come totally at random. I have a 9.9 with K. Rool, but I also have one with Wolf and some others who I just don't play as.

Image Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Jezo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:14 pm


User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by KjGarly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 pm

Trying to play online on this, which is my first proper attempt online apart from a brief go when I got it (Or that might have been on the 3DS Smash) and its appalling. So laggy and keeps freezing like a strawberry floating slideshow making it impossible to react properly.

And you actually have to pay for this gooseberry fool :fp:

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Jezo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:25 pm

KjGarly wrote:Trying to play online on this, which is my first proper attempt online apart from a brief go when I got it (Or that might have been on the 3DS Smash) and its appalling. So laggy and keeps freezing like a strawberry floating slideshow making it impossible to react properly.

And you actually have to pay for this gooseberry fool :fp:

I don't have this problem. What's your internet like?

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by KjGarly » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Jezo wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Trying to play online on this, which is my first proper attempt online apart from a brief go when I got it (Or that might have been on the 3DS Smash) and its appalling. So laggy and keeps freezing like a strawberry floating slideshow making it impossible to react properly.

And you actually have to pay for this gooseberry fool :fp:

I don't have this problem. What's your internet like?


Sky's highest (Fibre Max I think its called) and I'm sitting 6 feet away from the Sky Q hub as I was playing in handheld mode. Wasn't every game, but majority of them were bad lag-wise. Last one I played was pretty much perfect and I even won, go figure :toot:

Image
Image Image
deathofcows
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by deathofcows » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 pm

I just watched that Twitch recording of you guys playing.

I think you're (at least) a couple tiers up from play in my household...

Excited to fill the room for improvement, mind!

User avatar
Jezo
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by Jezo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:25 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Jezo wrote:
KjGarly wrote:Trying to play online on this, which is my first proper attempt online apart from a brief go when I got it (Or that might have been on the 3DS Smash) and its appalling. So laggy and keeps freezing like a strawberry floating slideshow making it impossible to react properly.

And you actually have to pay for this gooseberry fool :fp:

I don't have this problem. What's your internet like?


Sky's highest (Fibre Max I think its called) and I'm sitting 6 feet away from the Sky Q hub as I was playing in handheld mode. Wasn't every game, but majority of them were bad lag-wise. Last one I played was pretty much perfect and I even won, go figure :toot:

Yeah, this goes for everyone concerned about online, keep in mind that no matter how good your connection is, if the person you're playing with has bad internet or a lot of interference, you're gonna have a bad time. Just keep at it friends. If you're really unsure, you can always check your connection with speedtest.net

deathofcows wrote:I just watched that Twitch recording of you guys playing.

I think you're (at least) a couple tiers up from play in my household...

Excited to fill the room for improvement, mind!

Keep at it fam, best way to get good is to fight better people. Hmu on stream some time for some games~

User avatar
shy guy 64
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by shy guy 64 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:32 pm

perhaps we'll learn who brave is tomorrow

Image
User avatar
imbusydoctorwho
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Super Smash Bros Ultimate | Nintendo Switch
by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:57 pm

I have a sneaky suspicion that maybe Joker might release tonight after the Direct, or at least a release date.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cingram1253 and 47 guests