TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by DarkRula » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:26 pm

I'd say close. Good thing you checked it when you did. Just keep an eye on it until that electrician arrives. I'm sure it'll be counted as an emergency, but you never know if it'll get worse - even without use of the shower or other hot water.

Image
Image
User avatar
Bunni
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Bunni » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:09 pm

How strawberry floating good are crunchie bars.

I can feel my teeth rotting out my face but whatever.

User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by darksideby182 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:14 pm

KK wrote:For the last few months now I've had this fishy smell - basically of rotting fish - emanating from under the stairs every time I have a shower, and I couldn't figure out what it was. At first I thought pipes (maybe hot water reacting with copper or something) but after an internet search it's apparently associated with burning electrics. So I had a look at the fuse box and not only has the fuse casing started to melt, the small cable to it is black and bubbled as well. Will have to call out an electrician, but I wonder how close I was to having a fire. :dread:

Get it looked at asap probably caused by loose connection or a circuit pulling to much current. Or if it's the main incoming supply you'll will need to get the local supplier to sort the electrician will sort this.
Yes I'm an electrician.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by KK » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:56 pm

darksideby182 wrote:Get it looked at asap probably caused by loose connection or a circuit pulling to much current. Or if it's the main incoming supply you'll will need to get the local supplier to sort the electrician will sort this.
Yes I'm an electrician.

It's only the breaker for the shower (30a, 240v):

Image

The red cable behind has also melted and appears to be what is actually causing the strong fish-like odour:

Image

It was replaced by an electrician about 10 months ago (the previous one having done its job and cut power to the shower). I think the whole unit was fitted around 1986-88.

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by darksideby182 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Time for a fuseboard upgrade KK

Looks like it will be down to a loose connection or the shower is rated higher than 30amp (6900w).

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by KK » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:11 pm

This is going to cost me well over £500, isn't it. :(

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by darksideby182 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:17 pm

KK wrote:This is going to cost me well over £500, isn't it. :(

Without looking at it in person it's difficult to asses but tbh the fuseboard is over 30 years old so upgrade and maybe rewire time (not the best news). But get an electrician to at least look at it there maybe cheaper options to get you around the problem.

Fuseboards are around £80 and it should be at least half days work but expect an EICR (electrical installation condition report) which normally brings some extra work to get the installation up to current regs.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Pedz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Bunni wrote:How strawberry floating good are crunchie bars.

I can feel my teeth rotting out my face but whatever.


Love Crunchies, honeycomb is piss easy to make too.

Image
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by KK » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:50 pm

Phoned an electrician who quoted me £900.
Rang up another who quoted me over £1000. strawberry float, it's gone up! Coupled with the cracked tiles on the roof, my broken fence panels...I'll be eating beans on toast for the rest of the year.
Rang up British Gas. Expecting well over a grand now at this point. £300. Legends! The downside being there was nothing available until Monday. Knowing my luck Coronavirus will really kick in by that point and it'll be cancelled, but still.

Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by darksideby182 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:32 pm

KK wrote:Phoned an electrician who quoted me £900.
Rang up another who quoted me over £1000. strawberry float, it's gone up! Coupled with the cracked tiles on the roof, my broken fence panels...I'll be eating beans on toast for the rest of the year.
Rang up British Gas. Expecting well over a grand now at this point. £300. Legends! The downside being there was nothing available until Monday. Knowing my luck Coronavirus will really kick in by that point and it'll be cancelled, but still.

What do you get for £300?
As for the other quotes sounds like they are busy hence the price.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Lagamorph » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:00 pm

This Twitter thread is absolute gold,

https://twitter.com/JamesRonaldOK/statu ... 5679775749


Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Jenuall » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:17 pm

To be fair if some random cat starts coming in to my house and taking gooseberry fools in the kitchen then all bets are off. That thing deserves to get banged up!

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm



:lol:

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Qikz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Pedz wrote:
Bunni wrote:How strawberry floating good are crunchie bars.

I can feel my teeth rotting out my face but whatever.


Love Crunchies, honeycomb is piss easy to make too.


Aye even bees can do it.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by sawyerpip » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:I'm serious when I say you guys would love "The Genius".

Imagine a TV show version of AYA with all the alliance making, theory craft and twists but minus all the incompetence (Though there is some occasionally).

They play some really interesting games and it's so well edited and presented that it's genuinely exciting.

It's subtitled (It's korean) and there's only 4 seasons of it, so if you can find it for download then I'd jump on it.

It is arguably one of the best shows I've ever watched.


I started watching this today after remembering your recommendation and you're right that it's brilliant. I felt genuinely sad for Minsoo in episode 3 which is pretty amazing for a game show.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:48 pm

sawyerpip wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:I'm serious when I say you guys would love "The Genius".

Imagine a TV show version of AYA with all the alliance making, theory craft and twists but minus all the incompetence (Though there is some occasionally).

They play some really interesting games and it's so well edited and presented that it's genuinely exciting.

It's subtitled (It's korean) and there's only 4 seasons of it, so if you can find it for download then I'd jump on it.

It is arguably one of the best shows I've ever watched.


I started watching this today after remembering your recommendation and you're right that it's brilliant. I felt genuinely sad for Minsoo in episode 3 which is pretty amazing for a game show.

If I've converted one person to watching it then I've done my job. :toot:

Minsoo was the older teacher guy right?

There are a few standout characters over the four seasons but for me the biggest legend of the show is Sangmin. :datass:

I'm not going to spoil anything, because you should go into each episode as blind as you can, but there is an episode about halfway through season 2 which is one of the most brutal things I've ever seen in a reality show.

Where did you find season one? It used to be on Youtube but it appears to have disappeared.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Drumstick » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Did a good deed today.

Was walking the dog in a field and she stopped for a number two. Whilst waiting for her to finish I spotted a bumblebee struggling nearby on the ground. I had a spare bag so I popped it in and took it home.

Managed to revive it with a sugar/water combo and eventually I helped it fly back off into the world. Felt good man.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Dual » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 pm

You probably disoriented it and it likely died in its confusion.

User avatar
sawyerpip
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by sawyerpip » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:I'm serious when I say you guys would love "The Genius".

It is arguably one of the best shows I've ever watched.


I started watching this today after remembering your recommendation and you're right that it's brilliant. I felt genuinely sad for Minsoo in episode 3 which is pretty amazing for a game show.

If I've converted one person to watching it then I've done my job. :toot:

Minsoo was the older teacher guy right?

There are a few standout characters over the four seasons but for me the biggest legend of the show is Sangmin. :datass:

I'm not going to spoil anything, because you should go into each episode as blind as you can, but there is an episode about halfway through season 2 which is one of the most brutal things I've ever seen in a reality show.

Where did you find season one? It used to be on Youtube but it appears to have disappeared.


Yes Minsoo was the older teacher.

Sangnim is great, it's hilarious how Sunggyu, the younger pop star, just hangs on his every word. Loved the end of the zombie episode as well where he's desperately running around to find a cure :lol:

All the episodes are available on mega.nz. If you Google it there's a Reddit post with links to all the files, although the site has time limits on usage and you have to pay to go over them.

Last edited by sawyerpip on Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Cheeky Devlin » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:36 pm

sawyerpip wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:
sawyerpip wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:I'm serious when I say you guys would love "The Genius".

It is arguably one of the best shows I've ever watched.


I started watching this today after remembering your recommendation and you're right that it's brilliant. I felt genuinely sad for Minsoo in episode 3 which is pretty amazing for a game show.

If I've converted one person to watching it then I've done my job. :toot:

Minsoo was the older teacher guy right?

There are a few standout characters over the four seasons but for me the biggest legend of the show is Sangmin. :datass:

I'm not going to spoil anything, because you should go into each episode as blind as you can, but there is an episode about halfway through season 2 which is one of the most brutal things I've ever seen in a reality show.

Where did you find season one? It used to be on Youtube but it appears to have disappeared.


Yes Minsoo was the older teacher.

Sangnim is great, it's hilarious how Sunggyu, the younger pop star, just hangs on his every word. Loved the end of the zombie episode as well where he's desperately running around to find a cure :lol:

All the episodes are available on mega.nz. If you Google it there's a Reddit post with links to all the files, although you site has time limits on usage and you have to pay to go over them.

Sunggyu is great as well. I think a lot of the players underestimate him.

But yeah I'll have a dig and see what I can find. I've got seasons 2/3/4 but not the first as it was all on Youtube.

Gonna wait a few years till I've forgotten most of it and then rewatch it. :D

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
AYAMMM 2020 is coming..... Hit The Switch

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: massimo, MSN [Bot] and 35 guests