TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Ironhide » Fri May 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
That's not a growth wrote:Now that's peak Simpsons, so many jokes in less than 2 mins.


Even now, like a quarter of a century later that clip still almost brings me to tears of laughter. :lol:


Same here, even thinking about it gives me a massive grin.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Corazon de Leon » Fri May 22, 2020 10:01 pm

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 23, 2020 7:35 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.


This literally started with Maf insulting an English accent.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Sat May 23, 2020 7:40 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.


This literally started with Maf insulting an English accent.


Maf was mean about a cockney accent?

Image

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 am

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.


This literally started with Maf insulting an English accent.


Maf was mean about a cockney accent?

Image


Breakdown of the events:

  • Maf takes the piss out of the cockney accent. Fair game.
  • I, in turn, take the piss out of Scottish accents.
  • Maf joins in by insisting that the Glaswegian accent is worthy of pisstaking
  • Victor Mildew joins in and takes the piss the exact same way he does with EVERY accent
  • Cora believes Scotland is above reproach and that a bit of mild pisstaking is some sort of cultural war
  • I point out that, you know, we are all just having a bit of a laugh based on what Maf said
  • Cora pulls a "no true Scotsman"
  • A point out that a true scotsman, in fact, did
  • I'm the crybaby???

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Sat May 23, 2020 8:06 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.


This literally started with Maf insulting an English accent.


Maf was mean about a cockney accent?

Image


Breakdown of the events:

  • Maf takes the piss out of the cockney accent. Fair game.
  • I, in turn, take the piss out of Scottish accents.
  • Maf joins in by insisting that the Glaswegian accent is worthy of pisstaking
  • Victor Mildew joins in and takes the piss the exact same way he does with EVERY accent
  • Cora believes Scotland is above reproach and that a bit of mild pisstaking is some sort of cultural war
  • I point out that, you know, we are all just having a bit of a laugh based on what Maf said
  • Cora pulls a "no true Scotsman"
  • A point out that a true scotsman, in fact, did
  • I'm the crybaby???


Yeah, you're definitely not upset about this....

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Karl_ » Sat May 23, 2020 8:47 am

There's no need for an argument, like. If Cora (who presumably has the accent?) says he doesn't like the joke then people should just stop, it's no big deal right?

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Victor Mildew » Sat May 23, 2020 8:52 am

In my defence, it's quite hard to add variety to mocking accents when your only options are lower case UPPER CASE or an Alan partridge gif

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Sat May 23, 2020 8:52 am

Karl_ wrote:If Cora (who presumably has the accent?)


Nobody knows if he has a Scottish accent. We were all going to find out and then he created coronavirus in order to stop ITV broadcasting footage of him.

We're onto you Cora, you will not get away with this. :x

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Karl_ » Sat May 23, 2020 8:54 am

Moggy wrote:
Karl_ wrote:If Cora (who presumably has the accent?)


Nobody knows if he has a Scottish accent. We were all going to find out and then he created coronavirus in order to stop ITV broadcasting footage of him.

We're onto you Cora, you will not get away with this. :x


The scotches created coronavirus in a lab and spread it on purpose to undermine THE GLORIOUS UNION!!!

Damn you Nicola, damn you.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Sat May 23, 2020 9:03 am

Karl_ wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Karl_ wrote:If Cora (who presumably has the accent?)


Nobody knows if he has a Scottish accent. We were all going to find out and then he created coronavirus in order to stop ITV broadcasting footage of him.

We're onto you Cora, you will not get away with this. :x


The scotches created coronavirus in a lab and spread it on purpose to undermine THE GLORIOUS UNION!!!


wE vOtEd OuT tO sToP tHiS

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Lagamorph » Sat May 23, 2020 9:05 am

Anybody got a Dormeo mattress?
They've got a decent sale on this weekend and my current mattress is about 10 years old so really needs replacing.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
LewisD
#grcadesangle
Joined in 2008
AKA: L3wisD
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Contact:

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by LewisD » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 am

If I remember rightly, Benpool, Anung and myself are all English/Scottish half-breeds.

I'd like to add my vote to the "not offended by accent piss taking" tick box plz.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Moggy » Sat May 23, 2020 9:33 am

Lagamorph wrote:Anybody got a Dormeo mattress?
They've got a decent sale on this weekend and my current mattress is about 10 years old so really needs replacing.


If podcasts have taught me anything, it's that Casper are the only brand of mattress that exist.

Image
User avatar
Joer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Joer » Sat May 23, 2020 9:38 am

I’ve had a simba for a year now and it’s strawberry floating heavenly. Genuinely find it hard to sleep on other mattresses now.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Victor Mildew » Sat May 23, 2020 9:49 am

I sleep in a big bed with my wife

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat May 23, 2020 10:29 am

I’m not offended by it, btw, like I said I’ve been dealing with stupid jokes about the Scottish accent all my life. This particular one just came across nastily/condescending, and also didn’t make sense! You can’t tell my accent from a post. It’s also pretty well known that I’m a half-and-half from south of the border, Drummy likes to remind me of it all the time. :slol:

Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Somebody Else's Problem wrote:Ah, so it's only OK if a Scottish person insults an English accent. Gotcha. Jesus strawberry float, it was a strawberry floating joke.


None of the Scots on here do that. The Staydead defence is not a defence, just don’t be an arse.


This literally started with Maf insulting an English accent.


Maf was mean about a cockney accent?

Image


Breakdown of the events:

  • Maf takes the piss out of the cockney accent. Fair game.
  • I, in turn, take the piss out of Scottish accents.
  • Maf joins in by insisting that the Glaswegian accent is worthy of pisstaking
  • Victor Mildew joins in and takes the piss the exact same way he does with EVERY accent
  • Cora believes Scotland is above reproach and that a bit of mild pisstaking is some sort of cultural war
  • I point out that, you know, we are all just having a bit of a laugh based on what Maf said
  • Cora pulls a "no true Scotsman"
  • A point out that a true scotsman, in fact, did
  • I'm the crybaby???


Yeah, you're definitely not upset about this....


I only saw Maf posting about the Glaswegian accent - now that I’ve checked it’s not fantastic either but you’re about as far away from a cockney as it’s possible to get and at least he took a shot at people on both sides of the border so there’s no nastiness at least.

Essentially, your post(And Ad’s but on his part he was referencing an actual advert and then tried to mitigate himself) came across quite nastily, I called you out on it and you have a different view on your actions. That’s fine and I’m happy to draw a line under it, but please at least think about how your post reads next time.

Image
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat May 23, 2020 10:32 am

If taking the piss out of an accent is grounds for independence, Birmingham should have been free decades ago!

Ozzy Osbourne will be our Prime Minister and our economy will be propped up by the Peaky Blinders :datass:.

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Corazon de Leon » Sat May 23, 2020 10:37 am

It’s just constant though. One of the reasons I stopped going to Blackburn games - other than the rampant racism - was people in pubs parroting back my words in a stupid accent. For the record as well, I am acutely aware that it happens the other way round too because I had a staunch English accent when we moved to Glasgow and got ripped for that as well. There’s no winning. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: TCRT 8: Episode 3 - Revenge of the TCRT thread
by Victor Mildew » Sat May 23, 2020 10:40 am

Me repeating an iron bru advert from the 80s is being nasty now is it?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Gideon, Lex-Man, Peter Crisp, Tineash and 255 guests