The Achievements & Trophies Thread

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 pm

Just made a start on Doom: Eternal's DLC so that should be a fairly easy 1,200TA for the night.

Is it worth us posting all the games we need multiplayer achievements from in here? They tend to be a slightly higher TA and if we can boost a load of them out we can double up our scores, basically.

Also, this week's bonus is a load of rubbish, by my reckoning we'll go out if we go for it?

Image
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:42 pm

Great team effort at the eleventh hour guys :toot:

Really glad we managed to squeeze another week out of this, hope week 4 doesn’t come down to another Monday morning scramble, far too stressful :lol:

Totally agree with the MP suggestion Cora and general quick ratio pointers as well. Had no idea about that pinball game Heaty so cheers for the tip. I’ll be sure to share any useful finds

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Yeah this week's bonus is a non-starter really, too difficult and there's every chance it wouldn't be enough. I'm always down for some multiplayer stuff but my screen time is pretty limited at the mo, feel free to ask for anything if you're desperate though.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:55 am

About an hour to go until cutoff and we’re looking pretty comfortable this week. A nice change after last Monday’s last minute pinball dash while emptying the living room so a new carpet could be fitted.

Felt like Jack Bauer as I had to pick up some all weather sealant at the literal 11th hour knowing that I had points to get before 1pm. In B&Q car park checking my watch. Proper low key mission accomplished :toot:

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Haha yeah I feel like I had to make up a bit for last week. Although finishing Downwell for the first time meant that I'd put in even more than I expected. Fantastic game.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:38 pm

more heat than light wrote:Haha yeah I feel like I had to make up a bit for last week. Although finishing Downwell for the first time meant that I'd put in even more than I expected. Fantastic game.


Looks like you did the right thing, I thought our survival margin would have been a bit higher than the 600 odd it ended up at. Scary to think where it might end up this week, 8,000+ I think...

The bonus this week looks interesting and gettable. The team needs to keep a TA ratio beneath 1.5. It will mean we have to score a lot more gamerscore but any high ratio achievements can be diluted back down with more of the quick, low hanging fruit. Shall we give it a go?

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:27 pm

I'd be amazed if we can get 8000TA difference while staying under 1.5, but I'll give it a go.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Pro tip for those with Game Pass, Five Nights At Freddy's is currently hovering at around a 1.5 ratio and is a ludicrously easy one hour completion.

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:05 am

Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.

Image
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:48 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.


Doing Five Nights at Freddys now, seems to be working :toot:. I have Dead Rising 4 too, played a little of the golf at the weekend and can confirm the ratios are disproportionately off.

Got a bit carried away buying stuff in the latest indie sale but should yield plenty of points. The value of some of these games is insane!

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:25 pm

hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.


Doing Five Nights at Freddys now, seems to be working :toot:. I have Dead Rising 4 too, played a little of the golf at the weekend and can confirm the ratios are disproportionately off.

Got a bit carried away buying stuff in the latest indie sale but should yield plenty of points. The value of some of these games is insane!


Oh let me know if you want to run through the DR4 multiplayer achievements! The ratios are absolutely crazy and they don’t look too difficult! Double the fun too.

Image
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:11 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.


Doing Five Nights at Freddys now, seems to be working :toot:. I have Dead Rising 4 too, played a little of the golf at the weekend and can confirm the ratios are disproportionately off.

Got a bit carried away buying stuff in the latest indie sale but should yield plenty of points. The value of some of these games is insane!


Oh let me know if you want to run through the DR4 multiplayer achievements! The ratios are absolutely crazy and they don’t look too difficult! Double the fun too.


I don’t think I’ll have time dude although I’m not usually one for online multiplayer other than couch co-op with my brother I’m an otherwise solitary gamer. Sorry if that sounds antisocial :lol:

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Seven » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:23 am

Feels nice to finally get all achievements on game you bought in 2009 8-)

Granted only 12 achievements and 200 gamerscore but completion is still a completion

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Corazon de Leon » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:04 am

hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.


Doing Five Nights at Freddys now, seems to be working :toot:. I have Dead Rising 4 too, played a little of the golf at the weekend and can confirm the ratios are disproportionately off.

Got a bit carried away buying stuff in the latest indie sale but should yield plenty of points. The value of some of these games is insane!


Oh let me know if you want to run through the DR4 multiplayer achievements! The ratios are absolutely crazy and they don’t look too difficult! Double the fun too.


I don’t think I’ll have time dude although I’m not usually one for online multiplayer other than couch co-op with my brother I’m an otherwise solitary gamer. Sorry if that sounds antisocial :lol:


Don’t worry, I’m exactly the same - I went back recently to look at my uncompleted games and so many of them are completely finished apart from crappy online multiplayer games. :lol:

Image
User avatar
hamm sandwich
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by hamm sandwich » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:54 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
hamm sandwich wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Christ, I barely had a chance to get online last week, well done guys. I'll grab FNAF and I've also just bought Dead Rising 4 which has some utterly strawberry floating mental TA achievements to pick up over the next few weeks which don't actually seem that difficult.


Doing Five Nights at Freddys now, seems to be working :toot:. I have Dead Rising 4 too, played a little of the golf at the weekend and can confirm the ratios are disproportionately off.

Got a bit carried away buying stuff in the latest indie sale but should yield plenty of points. The value of some of these games is insane!


Oh let me know if you want to run through the DR4 multiplayer achievements! The ratios are absolutely crazy and they don’t look too difficult! Double the fun too.


I don’t think I’ll have time dude although I’m not usually one for online multiplayer other than couch co-op with my brother I’m an otherwise solitary gamer. Sorry if that sounds antisocial :lol:


Don’t worry, I’m exactly the same - I went back recently to look at my uncompleted games and so many of them are completely finished apart from crappy online multiplayer games. :lol:


I get round that with game share with my brother and two xboxes and two televisions in the same room. It really is the best way to play :lol:

User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Seven » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:00 pm

Still remember the time we did burnout revenge to get these MP achievements out of way.

Was fun but also stressful, thanks EA :x

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:03 pm

Seven wrote:Feels nice to finally get all achievements on game you bought in 2009 8-)

Granted only 12 achievements and 200 gamerscore but completion is still a completion


Which game was this Seven?

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Seven » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:05 pm

more heat than light wrote:
Seven wrote:Feels nice to finally get all achievements on game you bought in 2009 8-)

Granted only 12 achievements and 200 gamerscore but completion is still a completion


Which game was this Seven?


Phantasy Star II lol

Wasn't hard, just bit tiresome towards the second half. Xbox BC is blessing since I can just look through my library and work on finishing my games if I feel like it

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by more heat than light » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Ah congrats. I own that but never actually started it. :lol:

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!
User avatar
Seven
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

PostRe: The Achievements & Trophies Thread
by Seven » Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:27 pm

more heat than light wrote:Ah congrats. I own that but never actually started it. :lol:


Make sure to have guide handy, at least for techs. And abuse save system a lot.

The issue with the game is lack of information - the game doesn't tell you what tech does (well that, and tech points are limited)

But yeah I think you can cheese it by save states, I did on last two bosses :slol:

Twitter: SevenFisher
Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darksideby182, ITSMILNER, JChalmers, Lime, Monkey Man, Nook29, OrangeRKN, RichardUK, Saint of Killers and 92 guests